Pearl Jam: Easy Street Records live for Record Store Day?

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Will the 10C tell us what their exclusive version will include before RSD?  I really dont want two copies.  Just want to know which version to buy.  Do I go through the trouble of getting the RSD release?  Or just wait for the 10C version?  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    I wouldn't be interested in this unless it's the entire set they played. I hope 10C plans on doing that for the exclusive version, and doesn't just give us some coloured version of the 7 song one.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Will the 10C tell us what their exclusive version will include before RSD?  I really dont want two copies.  Just want to know which version to buy.  Do I go through the trouble of getting the RSD release?  Or just wait for the 10C version?  

They will have the same track list. No need to wait on 10c to tell you that. It will have a wider release as well so no need to waste your time on RSD unless you like the color or RSD stickers on the cellophane.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,868
    DewieCox said:

They will have the same track list. No need to wait on 10c to tell you that. It will have a wider release as well so no need to waste your time on RSD unless you like the color or RSD stickers on the cellophane.
    My God, comes in a wrapper of cellophane.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Huh? Pearl Jam have made a few announcements in their new March 2019 newsletter, including hinting at a release of Live at Easy Street in its entirety exclusively for the Ten Club, rather than the shortened version that has long been available, and was already set for a reissue on Record Store Day.
    Huh? Pearl Jam have made a few announcements in their new March 2019 newsletter, including hinting at a release of Live at Easy Street in its entirety exclusively for the Ten Club, rather than the shortened version that has long been available, and was already set for a reissue on Record Store Day.

I doubt it, but a copy/paste would be welcome. I don’t get the new letter on either of my email addresses anymore. If it’s just the part about a 10c exclusive version don’t bother. Otherwise I’m all ears.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    There's been no hinting at the show in its entirety, to the contrary it has been clear this will be the exact same set of tracks released in 2006.  Exclusive 10C version will likely have some type of bonus element to it, but that does not appear to be additional tracks on vinyl.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    There's been no hinting at the show in its entirety, to the contrary it has been clear this will be the exact same set of tracks released in 2006.  Exclusive 10C version will likely have some type of bonus element to it, but that does not appear to be additional tracks on vinyl.
    Thanks, nm on the email text.

Great work as RSD ambassadors btw. Way to undercut to local record stores.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    DewieCox said:
    PB11041 said:

how does this undercut local record stores?  I don't have a local record store, not every market is the same.  I have to drive approximately 75-90 miles to find a store that participates in record store day. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

DewieCox said:
    PB11041 said:

Ya, good point.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    edited March 2019
    my_wave said:
    at first i was really fucking stoked for this like most people thinking it would be the full show, but now knowing that it's the same as the ep that i already have on cd it's just a huge letdown, and it just pisses me off even more that they can whip this up in less than two months apparently and yet they can't find the time to press 2 holiday singles, unbelievable...
    THIS.
    Let me prefece this by saying I am also annoyed by the whole holiday single thing. But to say this was whipped up in 2 months is by my estimation completley inacurate. RSD releases are typically in the pipeline for 6 months or so (read an article once, can’t find it right now) due to pressing plant backups and scheduling. The record companies need to let them know by the end of January what they will have available by RSD.
    Post edited by jazzbo26 on
    edited March 2019
    jazzbo26 said:
    my_wave said:
    at first i was really fucking stoked for this like most people thinking it would be the full show, but now knowing that it's the same as the ep that i already have on cd it's just a huge letdown, and it just pisses me off even more that they can whip this up in less than two months apparently and yet they can't find the time to press 2 holiday singles, unbelievable...
    THIS.
    Let me prefece this by saying I am also annoyed by the whole holiday single thing. But to say this was whipped up in 2 months is by my estimation completley inacurate. RSD releases are typically in the pipeline for 6 months or so (read an article once, can’t find it right now) due to pressing plant backups and scheduling. The record companies need to let them know by the end of January what they will have available by RSD.
    For sure, and plus, it's an old recording; it's not like they had produce anything from scratch or even really make any major decisions, besides "yeah, let's release that Easy Street thing." And most of the cover art is probably just photos from the event. This is a low-effort release, relatively.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    sbodden said:
    Last week at my local store, the manager showed me his Record Store Day release order page or whatever it was on his computer since he knew I was Pearl Jam fan. For Easy Street it had the quantities (I think it was 6000 US and 3000 Europe) and for what it’s worth it also said it will be released on Ten Club 180 days later, which would be October 10th. Also, if I do happen to get one there on RSD it will be $24.99
    So basically this would end up being Vault #9. God, I hope not. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    tbergs said:
    sbodden said:
    Last week at my local store, the manager showed me his Record Store Day release order page or whatever it was on his computer since he knew I was Pearl Jam fan. For Easy Street it had the quantities (I think it was 6000 US and 3000 Europe) and for what it’s worth it also said it will be released on Ten Club 180 days later, which would be October 10th. Also, if I do happen to get one there on RSD it will be $24.99
    That would be incredibly lazy.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    PB11041 said:
    DewieCox said:
    PB11041 said:

how does this undercut local record stores?  I don't have a local record store, not every market is the same.  I have to drive approximately 75-90 miles to find a store that participates in record store day. 
    Why go to the local for a special early release when you can sit on your duff at home and order a slightly different but similarly limited version. i appreciate it as a consumer, but if I ran a record store I’d be cussing them knowing how obsessive PJ fans are.
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    sbodden said:
    Very. I'd be mad. I am not at all assuming this is what their plan would be. I seriously doubt it, because that just would not be a Vault release by definition. Not even compared to the loose way they've been defining that term in recent years.
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    sbodden said:
    Incredibly lazy for sure, but would also somewhat follow the recent data points on the "PJ Output" graph...
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    I'm just hoping this RSD Ten Club Edition is not a random shipping thing like they did on those Mad Season's red splatter vinyl. :(
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    sbodden said:
    Why lazy if it would be the full show? That has not been released?!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    sbodden said:
    I took it that they were insinuating it would not be a different version, i.e. "it will be released by 10C 180 days later". It = the same thing. But yeah, there is the possibility that it would be the whole thing... That set still doesn't deserve a vault release IMO. I feel like the only reason it's being released at all is because the symmetry of it being performed in a record store and released on RSD. It's not because it's a particularly impressive recording/show or anything, is it?
    edited March 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    sbodden said:
    I took it that they were insinuating it would not be a different version, i.e. "it will be released by 10C 180 days later". It = the same thing. But yeah, there is the possibility that it would be the whole thing... That set still doesn't deserve a vault release IMO. I feel like the only reason it's being released at all is because the symmetry of it being performed in a record store and released on RSD. It's not because it's a particularly impressive recording/show or anything, is it?
    I "rather" take a short set as a (Cheaper) vault than a 3 hour show on like 57 records. 

A rocking short set on one or two records would be great (to me).

Pipedream. But yeah.
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    sbodden said:
    I "rather" take a short set as a (Cheaper) vault than a 3 hour show on like 57 records. 

Pipedream. But yeah.
    The thing is, I doubt they would lower the price for a shorter vault, lol, and I'm not paying $100+ for this. It's WAY better if they just release this as its own thing. No reason to use up a vault release for it.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    sbodden said:

Pipedream. But yeah.
    The thing is, I doubt they would lower the price for a shorter vault, lol, and I'm not paying $100+ for this. It's WAY better if they just release this as its own thing. No reason to use up a vault release for it.
    I'm pretty sure the vaults got more expensive when they had to add records... or am I imagining things. The last one felt like it was hiked up like hell.
    edited March 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    sbodden said:

Pipedream. But yeah.
    A bunch of Vaults will be as short and shorter than this though - if they go back to the early 90s for shows. 

A short rocking set in 2005 in a SMALL INTIMATE place makes this a lot more unique and special than "lets release New York 2008" or a 2000 show or even a 1998 show or whatever. To me.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    DewieCox said:

I doubt it, but a copy/paste would be welcome. I don’t get the new letter on either of my email addresses anymore. If it’s just the part about a 10c exclusive version don’t bother. Otherwise I’m all ears.
    It was from Alternative Nation.
    DewieCox said:

It was from Alternative Nation.

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    sbodden said:

Pipedream. But yeah.
    I'm pretty sure the vaults got more expensive when they had to add records... or am I imagining things. The last one felt like it was hiked up like hell.
    They've never "added records" to vaults and they haven't gotten more expensive. They've all been the same price and all 3 lp sets aside from vegas 93 which was 2 lp
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    NewJPage said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    sbodden said:

Pipedream. But yeah.
    They've never "added records" to vaults and they haven't gotten more expensive. They've all been the same price and all 3 lp sets aside from vegas 93 which was 2 lp
    This is correct. I think Vault 3 they mistakenly didn’t charge shipping or it was only like $2.99 or something, but the vinyl themselves have all been $50. The only variation has been shipping costs.