Options

Pearl Jam: Easy Street Records live for Record Store Day?

Comments

• Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    edited April 2019
    Zod said:
    The thing is not everything that's an RSD first ends up getting a reissue.   It's an out clause.  If they want to re-release it they can.  6000 seems like a decent number of copies, and I can't remember if that only the N.A. pressing size.   I wouldn't 100% bank on a 10c release.. it may or may not happen?

And our holiday singles are in the mail 😆😆🤣😂
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited April 2019
    Zod said:
    The thing is not everything that's an RSD first ends up getting a reissue.   It's an out clause.  If they want to re-release it they can.  6000 seems like a decent number of copies, and I can't remember if that only the N.A. pressing size.   I wouldn't 100% bank on a 10c release.. it may or may not happen?

They’ve have not yet stated any such thing so save the passive aggressiveness.
    The Easy Street record is getting released. 
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Zod said:

And the new album is "forthcoming."
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 841
    Zod said:

id be happy with that.

Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    jeffbr said:
    Zod said:

And the new album is "forthcoming."
    Still not wrong.
  • Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    I wonder if we will here about this “special edition” on the 10th?  I would hope we would know something before RSD.  This all seems to defeat the purpose of RSD but I’ll certainly be happy with a  special 10C version.
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    epie said:
    I wonder if we will here about this “special edition” on the 10th?  I would hope we would know something before RSD.  This all seems to defeat the purpose of RSD but I’ll certainly be happy with a  special 10C version.
    Well, the 19th is about the only day that anything really happens, so that will probably be the day.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850

• Options

• Options
    shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 174
    Wish they would have released the 10c details this week. Not sure if I should buy the RSD version or wait for 10c. 10c will be the version to own but without details, who knows if they'll produce it. Guess I'll buy RSD and keep it sealed for awhile until I know more. 
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 238
    I was interested until I found out it was only 7 songs. Pretty easy pass for me now.
  • Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    Wish they would have released the 10c details this week. Not sure if I should buy the RSD version or wait for 10c. 10c will be the version to own but without details, who knows if they'll produce it. Guess I'll buy RSD and keep it sealed for awhile until I know more. 
    I agree.  They are leaving us in limbo.  Why does this  have to be confusing for fan club members?
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    epie said:
    I agree.  They are leaving us in limbo.  Why does this  have to be confusing for fan club members?
    Because we will buy it no matter what :)
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    epie said:
    Because we will buy it no matter what :)

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    This is exactly why they shouldn't release any info until next week. If they did something to drive traffic away from record stores, they'd be the worst record store day ambassadors in the history of record store day ambassadors.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,165
    I'm sorry but I just don't think they should be selling an exclusive 10c version. As much as I would like some more perks as a 10c member,  if they are Record Store Day ambassadors then they shouldn't sell their own version, total nonsense. Press a sensible number, distribute them properly across the globe, make them easily available from bricks and mortar stores, and no one should miss out.
  • Options
    SS68933SS68933 Posts: 13

I am not holding out hope for there being a 10C special RSD release.  This was in 2017's newsletter.  Never saw it on the Pearl Jam site.  I checked every day for weeks and gave up.  
    Columbus 8/21/00
    Columbus 06/24/03
    Toledo 10/02/04
    Grand Rapids 10/03/04
    Cleveland 5/20/06
    Cincinnati 6/24/06
    Columbus 5/06/10
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Cincinnati 10/1/14
    Lexington 4/26/16
    Wrigley 8/20/16
    Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    It's all about the $, why would they give us any details about the 10 club version until after we've all bought the record store version? It should be obvious by now this is a corporation... they want to make as much profit as possible, i think that's why they ended the holiday single because they weren't making any $ off if it and it was probably making them lose $... the younger versions of these guys would be ashamed, but it is what it is, and sadly we'll do exactly what they want us to do and buy both, especially the flippers...

money changes everyone...
    G R... E E D... G R... E E D...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited April 2019
    my_wave said:
    It's all about the $, why would they give us any details about the 10 club version until after we've all bought the record store version? It should be obvious by now this is a corporation... they want to make as much profit as possible, i think that's why they ended the holiday single because they weren't making any $ off if it and it was probably making them lose $... the younger versions of these guys would be ashamed, but it is what it is, and sadly we'll do exactly what they want us to do and buy both, especially the flippers...

Unless the 10C version is the full show, I'm not buying either of them. So joke's on them?? ;):tongue:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    my_wave said:

This is some impressive fake outrage.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    edited April 2019
    sarcasm?
    Post edited by my_wave on
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited April 2019
    jeffbr said:
    This is exactly why they shouldn't release any info until next week. If they did something to drive traffic away from record stores, they'd be the worst record store day ambassadors in the history of record store day ambassadors.

I think you’re giving them too much credit. If they were at the point where they needed to announce the 10c version, I’m not sure they’d take RSD into consideration. I mean, they already kinda are the worst RSD ambassadors by announcing there will be a 10c version. Does anybody know if any of the previous ambassadors undercut RSD?
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    They're not undercutting anything. There's a much broader audience than us dorks that post here and hang on every 10C announcement. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    pjl44 said:
    They're not undercutting anything. There's a much broader audience than us dorks that post here and hang on every 10C announcement. 
    Related image
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652