Options

Pearl Jam: Easy Street Records live for Record Store Day?

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,910
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    Wish they would have released the 10c details this week. Not sure if I should buy the RSD version or wait for 10c. 10c will be the version to own but without details, who knows if they'll produce it. Guess I'll buy RSD and keep it sealed for awhile until I know more. 
    This is exactly why they shouldn't release any info until next week. If they did something to drive traffic away from record stores, they'd be the worst record store day ambassadors in the history of record store day ambassadors.

I think you’re giving them too much credit. If they were at the point where they needed to announce the 10c version, I’m not sure they’d take RSD into consideration. I mean, they already kinda are the worst RSD ambassadors by announcing there will be a 10c version. Does anybody know if any of the previous ambassadors undercut RSD?
    Jack white did an exclusive single that was available only at TMR when he was ambassador. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    They announced the 10c version was coming to partially cut the flippers off. If people don't get one, they know a 10c variant is coming, so secondary markets don't ballon beyond a week or so after RSD. But also, because not everyone has a store nearby, so if people want one they don't have to break their necks or bank to chase one down.
  • Options
    SS68933 said:

I am not holding out hope for there being a 10C special RSD release.  This was in 2017's newsletter.  Never saw it on the Pearl Jam site.  I checked every day for weeks and gave up.  
    If I recall, it went up RSD afternoon. They didn't have many copies.

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited April 2019
    pjl44 said:
    They're not undercutting anything. There's a much broader audience than us dorks that post here and hang on every 10C announcement. 
    Make sure you get out and about and visit your local record store, and maybe some other local shops while your at it, and pick up this exclusive PJ release. Or just wait a few months and get this even exclusiver version of the same release. 

PJ’s mailing list isn’t just 10c members.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    Wish they would have released the 10c details this week. Not sure if I should buy the RSD version or wait for 10c. 10c will be the version to own but without details, who knows if they'll produce it. Guess I'll buy RSD and keep it sealed for awhile until I know more. 
    This is exactly why they shouldn't release any info until next week. If they did something to drive traffic away from record stores, they'd be the worst record store day ambassadors in the history of record store day ambassadors.

I think you’re giving them too much credit. If they were at the point where they needed to announce the 10c version, I’m not sure they’d take RSD into consideration. I mean, they already kinda are the worst RSD ambassadors by announcing there will be a 10c version. Does anybody know if any of the previous ambassadors undercut RSD?
    Jack white did an exclusive single that was available only at TMR when he was ambassador. 
    That still served the purpose of RSD. 
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,355
    DewieCox said:
    pjl44 said:
    They're not undercutting anything. There's a much broader audience than us dorks that post here and hang on every 10C announcement. 
    Make sure you get out and about and visit your local record store, and maybe some other local shops while your at it, and pick up this exclusive PJ release. Or just wait a few months and get this even exclusiver version of the same release. 

Considering this release is listed as an "RSD First" it's fairly obvious to everyone who looks at the RSD list that there will be another release after RSD. Every year there are tons of releases that aren't exclusive to RSD and get released later on. But hey, tell me more about your fake outrage of them undercutting RSD.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjl44 said:

Considering this release is listed as an "RSD First" it's fairly obvious to everyone who looks at the RSD list that there will be another release after RSD. Every year there are tons of releases that aren't exclusive to RSD and get released later on. But hey, tell me more about your fake outrage of them undercutting RSD.

I’m not outraged. It’s a crappy release. Announcing a 10c exclusive version absolutely undercuts the main purpose of RSD. I’ve seen quite a few posts where people are foregoing RSD since there will be a 10c exclusive. Most people don’t even realize it’s likely getting a standard release.
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    RP112579 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjl44 said:

First release doesn't always mean a second release is coming.  Check out the Emmet Otter Jug Band muppet record from Black Friday RSD last year.  It was listed as a first release.  There's been no second pressing, and it people were flipping it for $100.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,885
    DewieCox said:
    RP112579 said:
    DewieCox said:
    pjl44 said:

I’m not outraged. It’s a crappy release. Announcing a 10c exclusive version absolutely undercuts the main purpose of RSD. I’ve seen quite a few posts where people are foregoing RSD since there will be a 10c exclusive. Most people don’t even realize it’s likely getting a standard release.
    The part where it says "RSD First" is pretty obvious to anyone who can read. The main purpose of RSD is for everyone to make as much money as possible, even if the labels are reissuing pointless records that could(or should) be found in the dollar bin. I'd say mission accomplished.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    demetrios said:

Hope my friend got wrong info and this will be here in Sweden on saturday. Fuck me if Sweden gets no shipments.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    DewieCox said:
    pjl44 said:

The PJ mailing list itself is a thin sliver of the audience. I've been out on most RSDs. The number of PJ Easy Streets vs. the foot traffic in any given store is a drop in the bucket. It's nothing to get worked up over.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Lol everyone freaking out over this has me cracking the hell up.  Just go buy the damn thing on Saturday!  There will ALWAYS be a market for Pearl Jam vinyl.  If you like the Ten Club version better when it's announced/for sale, sell your RSD copy for cost (or more).  Christ!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited April 2019
    Lol everyone freaking out over this has me cracking the hell up.  Just go buy the damn thing on Saturday!  There will ALWAYS be a market for Pearl Jam vinyl.  If you like the Ten Club version better when it's announced/for sale, sell your RSD copy for cost (or more).  Christ!
    Seems to be a lot more work than being able to make an informed decision from the get go. Doing all that would be worth freaking out over. Don't see why anyone would "crack the hell up" over that situation.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Seems to be a lot more work than being able to make an informed decision from the get go. Doing all that would be worth freaking out over. Don't see why anyone would "crack the hell up" over this place's shitty track record of giving information. 
    Doing all what?  Going to a record store to buy records - THE WHOLE FUCKING PURPOSE of Record Store Day?!!  What kind of RSD Ambassador wouldn't promote going to the store on RSD to buy their record first?  People freaking out over this have some serious first world problems.  And don't give me this a lot more work excuse when people around here wait in lines, buy up stock, & flip shit like crazy to fund their other PJ purchases on the regular.  I kinda hope when they sell it here it's the exact same version as RSD so I can watch everyone bitch & moan about how it "isn't exclusive and should've just gone on RSD instead of wait" and crack the hell up even more. :lol:
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    edited April 2019
    Just buy it Saturday if you want it. 
    9000 copies doesn't guarantee it will be easy to find though.  Some stores will have dozens.  Some will have zero.  You may be able to order it online Monday from some stores that don't sell out, but it isn't worth getting stressed out about possible differences in a ten club version. 
    As collectors, most of us will buy both no matter what.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,599
    Seems to be a lot more work than being able to make an informed decision from the get go. Doing all that would be worth freaking out over. Don't see why anyone would "crack the hell up" over that situation.
    I'd rather go out to RSD and pick one up, and have my phone with me to check for any updates.  Honestly, there's a good chance of us not hearing anything on Saturday.  It'll be ok.
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Anybody else notice that your local stores haven’t recieved PJ yet? I’m having that issue here in Chicago.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Seems to be a lot more work than being able to make an informed decision from the get go. Doing all that would be worth freaking out over. Don't see why anyone would "crack the hell up" over this place's shitty track record of giving information. 
    Doing all what?  Going to a record store to buy records - THE WHOLE FUCKING PURPOSE of Record Store Day?!!  What kind of RSD Ambassador wouldn't promote going to the store on RSD to buy their record first?  People freaking out over this have some serious first world problems.  And don't give me this a lot more work excuse when people around here wait in lines, buy up stock, & flip shit like crazy to fund their other PJ purchases on the regular.  I kinda hope when they sell it here it's the exact same version as RSD so I can watch everyone bitch & moan about how it "isn't exclusive and should've just gone on RSD instead of wait" and crack the hell up even more. :lol:
    :clap:
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    can i flip the 10c version for double what its worth? or should i wait in line at the store and sell it for triple?
    man, i have no idea what i am gonna do on this one. it's super frustrating
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,742
    PJWGIII said:
    Anybody else notice that your local stores haven’t recieved PJ yet? I’m having that issue here in Chicago.
    Hope they arrive tomorrow at your local store. 

Last Black Friday RSD my local record stores didn't have the Chris Cornell or Green River vinyl. They arrived few days late.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,355
    PJWGIII said:
    The place I go to in the Chicago burbs posted a pic of the PJ that they received a couple of days ago
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    PJWGIII said:
    what store?

• Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,820
    I now have to travel Saturday and can’t get to my local store. With the possibility of a 10c release also dwindling, I’d be very thankful if a kind soul can grab an extra for me!
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    A10c release isn't dwindling, its a definite. We just have no deets.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,742
    pjpitt89 said:
    I now have to travel Saturday and can’t get to my local store. With the possibility of a 10c release also dwindling, I’d be very thankful if a kind soul can grab an extra for me!
    If you can't pick one up at your local record store on Saturday you can try scoring one online at many, many online record stores who will be saving copies on the side to sell the day after, or yet after the store closes on Saturday. Check out the links I've posted in this thread. Lots more to post in the day's ahead. ;)

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    Play de record in Toronto has multiple copies for $37.99 plus tax 
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    Play de record in Toronto has multiple copies for $37.99 plus tax 
    Is that like $15 USD?
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    demetrios said:
    PJWGIII said:
    Hope they arrive tomorrow at your local store. 

Last Black Friday RSD my local record stores didn't have the Chris Cornell or Green River vinyl. They arrived few days late.
    that sucks. i was in my local newbury comics last week and they still had multiple copies of the chris cornell 7"!
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94