Options

Foals cover Immortality

2»

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    :sick:

I'd imagine Nichelback would sound similar to that as well.
  • Options
    Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    Gotta say I have not heard too many PJ covers, but that Seether one was very good (this was my first time hearing it), and I really love the dude from Staind doing Black. This Fools thing was terrible. And I'm not a fan or detractor of any of these bands, so I also had no preconceived notions going in. That being said, PJ20 has been cancelled.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    no no no!
    danny d
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    A for effort
    F for the lead singer having a horrible voice
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Gob wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:
    It was better than Seether's cover...
    This..

I liked it. Better than another fakely angst hack band covering it. The singers voice was rather soothing.
    Agreed.
    The Seether version is so pretentious & phony.
    Foals version wasn't bad - the immorfuckintality bit was pointless, & he could've done with a lyric sheet, but otherwise not bad.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    tremors wrote:
    Another good find from the gecko! Thanks for posting.

I liked the Foals first album, and a lot of my mates love em. I am quite surprised they want to cover Pearl Jam - but I think it's pretty good that they want to.

As for the version itself - my reaction was mixed - at some points I was moved by it, at some points I cringed. I can predict though that the majority of people here are gonna hate it!!

This.
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
    Just saw this vid tonight. Thought it was great. Singer was on, acoustic was a nice touch, overall impressive performance. Don't knock 'em just because they ain't PJ singing the PJ song.....c'mon people. Everyone has their own versions of great songs once released. I'm sure the bands they cover very much appreciate the respect they get when other bands do this....

By The Way - FOALS on their own: 2 amazing albums.
  • Options
    silvosilvo Posts: 290
    So I’m a massive Foals fan and with them having just released their 5th album thought I’d search the forum for Foals related threads and stumbled across this.....I’d not heard it and absolutely loved it.
    Interested to know opinions of Foals now they are five albums in and, IMO, the most exciting band around?????
  • Options
    silvosilvo Posts: 290
    Perhaps this should be in ‘Other Music’ though!?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    I pity the foal who covers this song. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore