Options

ISO merch buddy (if new EV Zippo) for EV show - Innings Festival March 3

13»

Comments

• Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,441
    Looks like this zippo is hovering around the $200 USD mark. Maybe in a month or two it will drop?...Maybe.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,750
    Did you get someone to help you out Dave?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    Did you get someone to help you out Dave?
    Yes my friend. I'm blessed with great friends and this great community.  I'm traveling this week for work so haven't had time to post here much and haven't checked my mail at home but thanks to a ton of folks here hopefully we can do some good things to help others and some charity effort too.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    on2legs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jesus. flood the fucking market with this stuff so the flippers can go fuck themselves. 
    I have given up on this collection because of these fuckers. I'm now thinking about selling what I already have.
    I just don't get it. this band just fuels the secondary market. they obviously know this. and to what benefit? because they WANT people to fork over $1000 for a fucking lighter so everyone knows how crazy their fans are? is that where they're at?
    The lighters and posters are a hook.  They get people in a frenzy and on line hoping to snag one.  But the majority of people miss out so they end up buying a t shirt, hat, or other merch to justify the time spent on line.  That’s stuff they probably wouldn’t have purchased if they weren’t on line hoping for a poster or lighter.  
    if that's true, that's honestly kind of disgusting. 
    It's absolutely true. There is no other reason not to offer a poster option with the purchase of tickets.
    Im not so sure of this, the reason they dont offer the poster option is the lack of demand that follows that scenario. Don't forget the band ramped up supply for the 2009 tour, and as a result the sales slipped and demand wasnt there. Santos has since explained this on a few social media threads. They listened, acted, and the results were not positive. There is no denying that something being limited fuels the appetite for the product. This is not something that only attaches to PJ merch, it is out there across every spectrum in business....we are talking Funko Pops, die cast cars, Disney ornaments, Rolex etc
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    pdalowsky said:
    on2legs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jesus. flood the fucking market with this stuff so the flippers can go fuck themselves. 
    I have given up on this collection because of these fuckers. I'm now thinking about selling what I already have.
    I just don't get it. this band just fuels the secondary market. they obviously know this. and to what benefit? because they WANT people to fork over $1000 for a fucking lighter so everyone knows how crazy their fans are? is that where they're at?
    The lighters and posters are a hook.  They get people in a frenzy and on line hoping to snag one.  But the majority of people miss out so they end up buying a t shirt, hat, or other merch to justify the time spent on line.  That’s stuff they probably wouldn’t have purchased if they weren’t on line hoping for a poster or lighter.  
    It's absolutely true. There is no other reason not to offer a poster option with the purchase of tickets.
    Im not so sure of this, the reason they dont offer the poster option is the lack of demand that follows that scenario. Don't forget the band ramped up supply for the 2009 tour, and as a result the sales slipped and demand wasnt there. Santos has since explained this on a few social media threads. They listened, acted, and the results were not positive. There is no denying that something being limited fuels the appetite for the product. This is not something that only attaches to PJ merch, it is out there across every spectrum in business....we are talking Funko Pops, die cast cars, Disney ornaments, Rolex etc
    I think a failure of posters hitting crazy secondary market prices is not a failure at all. I think it showed success. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    pdalowsky said:
    on2legs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think a failure of posters hitting crazy secondary market prices is not a failure at all. I think it showed success. 
    NO mention of a 'failure'. However when the product created doesnt sell out that may well be considered a partial failure
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    on2legs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    NO mention of a 'failure'. However when the product created doesnt sell out that may well be considered a partial failure
    so they should go back to the preorder model. might be a pain in the ass for the club, but everyone is happy except the flippers. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD