Things in Pearl Jam History (... Jamilyistory) that were quickly forgotten..

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited February 2019
    They once tagged Daughter with "Let It Go" from the Disney movie Frozen.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Speaking of Daughter tags, RITFW was once just an occasional tag instead of an overplayed closer.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    tbergs said:
    Speaking of Daughter tags, RITFW was once just an occasional tag instead of an overplayed closer.
    That sounds like Heaven.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Not really something that was quickly forgotten though. It went viral and the video has 2+ million views on youtube. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PJ_Soul said:
    Not really something that was quickly forgotten though. It went viral and the video has 2+ million views on youtube. 
    You went viral!
  • tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    You went viral!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQMfUVU2dJU
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    I'm assuming no one has forgotten the 2003-2006 organ solo during "In My Tree." Yikes!
    PJ_Soul said:
    My favourite post-2012 version of Daughter...although not so much for the use of "Let It Go" but for the inclusion of both "WMA" and "It's Okay" tags,
  • In 2007 they had booked a big arena in Germany (Dusseldorf?) but the sales was too low and they had to change it to a smaller venue.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    During the 2006 tour Matt Cameron played a drum solo in Evenflow.

That one from The Gorge...I swear I hear a bit of Why Go in there.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    The Rock Band game that never camed out.  How I wanted that back then.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Tim Bierman and Rob's radio show.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • bigjilmbigjilm Sea Posts: 182
    Giant candles, burned wine corks, small theaters.
    And Jimmy's wings!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    The Rock Band game that never camed out.  How I wanted that back then.
    Yeah that came and went. :/
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    tbergs said:
    What alternative universe is this in?  I feel like maybe the internet is wrong and there should be a few more tagged versions of Daughter with ritfw, but I think you may be confusing this with either Hey Hey My My or another Neil & Horse tune, because I can only find one definitive version which is from constitution hall 1998, released on Live on 2 Legs and then of course on the full show in Vault 3.

In 1992 they played in almost 40% of their shows, almost exclusively it was a closer.  In recent years it has definitely been ubiquitous in the 2nd encore, but less than half the time it is the closer. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 470
    Rock Around Barack!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Poster presales 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    PB11041 said:
    tbergs said:
    What alternative universe is this in?  I feel like maybe the internet is wrong and there should be a few more tagged versions of Daughter with ritfw, but I think you may be confusing this with either Hey Hey My My or another Neil & Horse tune, because I can only find one definitive version which is from constitution hall 1998, released on Live on 2 Legs and then of course on the full show in Vault 3.

In 1992 they played in almost 40% of their shows, almost exclusively it was a closer.  In recent years it has definitely been ubiquitous in the 2nd encore, but less than half the time it is the closer. 
    :pensive: Alright, I stand corrected. Apparently my brain wanted that to be more true than it actually was and the version I kept thinking of is from '98. For some reason I thought it was more frequent.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    PB11041 said:
    tbergs said:

98 and LO2L, for one.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poster presales 

Yes. Merch in a catalog.
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    The little tweetie bird who gave a little tidbit of good things to come
    Kearnsy
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    The death of Mr. Pickles 
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Kearn5y said:
    The little tweetie bird who gave a little tidbit of good things to come
    Good one ^^. Considering spring time is just around the corner it'd be nice to hear a tweet from the little fella :lightbulb:

PB11041 said:
    tbergs said:

98 and LO2L, for one.
    So you mean like the last sentence of my first paragraph, that there is one time this ever happened, it was the same version on both releases.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    forget the year but when the website played certain songs before show announcements. I recall Moving to Montana for a Montana show and Philadelphia Freedom (?) for Philly show. Were there others?
    Quicktime clips of songs from various nights of the Binaural tour posted in the live section of the syngergy site. 

• evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    edited March 2019
    The alternate begining of evenflow from the 1995 tour.

The kick ass breakdown in porch with Dave a on drums 

The reworked version of garden from 2006. 

Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert

I'd prefer to forget this one.  ;)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    rummy said:

I thought it was great live.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    rummy said:

Every time they have done a revamped take on a song I have generally initially liked it, but ultimately they don't compare well to the original.  The only one I ever go back to is the alt version of Corduroy from the 96 bridge show.  It sort of dictates the transition from raw anger that the song began as in 1994 to the more melodic hard rock anthem in became in the aughts.