Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    i really hope they are holding back the new album until it feels right for them to let it out. imo timing is everything. especially for newer legacy acts such as PJ. u2 delayed their last album and word on the street was bono tweaked it to make sure it was 110% perfect. i didn't mind the delay as we got a joshua tree tour and then the album was released. all i could think of when i heard it was how great the album was and i was so glad they held it back until it was 100% ready.

IF pj only have a few more albums in them left then i hope it's all quality on the way out. i hope they take their time to make sure it's absolutely perfect. i have had no complaints so far and it's been a hellofa ride with them and somehow, quite luckily, i will end up dying and seeing pj the most of all the bands that i love. thats crazy....

having said all this....IF u r freaking and complaining(lol) because PJ isn't on tour then u need to find another band or two or four or 10. my plate is filled with great new music and i have lots of ticket stubs in the pile ready to be handed over for a mind blowing live experiences. yes there are other bands that can deliver a good time that have great music  ;)  ie) go see tedeschi trucks band for crying out loud! lol

i also think they time their releases and tours. some huge acts have announced and playing this year. legacy acts like the who, the stones etc including bruce(rumour so far). they get first dibs on market sales. that is the respect they deserve :)
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,806
    I hear you they need time ,its all in the 2005 vault 8 in between songs what eV says 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    i really hope they are holding back the new album until it feels right for them to let it out. imo timing is everything. especially for newer legacy acts such as PJ. u2 delayed their last album and word on the street was bono tweaked it to make sure it was 110% perfect. i didn't mind the delay as we got a joshua tree tour and then the album was released. all i could think of when i heard it was how great the album was and i was so glad they held it back until it was 100% ready.

IF pj only have a few more albums in them left then i hope it's all quality on the way out. i hope they take their time to make sure it's absolutely perfect. i have had no complaints so far and it's been a hellofa ride with them and somehow, quite luckily, i will end up dying and seeing pj the most of all the bands that i love. thats crazy....

having said all this....IF u r freaking and complaining(lol) because PJ isn't on tour then u need to find another band or two or four or 10. my plate is filled with great new music and i have lots of ticket stubs in the pile ready to be handed over for a mind blowing live experiences. yes there are other bands that can deliver a good time that have great music  ;)  ie) go see tedeschi trucks band for crying out loud! lol

i also think they time their releases and tours. some huge acts have announced and playing this year. legacy acts like the who, the stones etc including bruce(rumour so far). they get first dibs on market sales. that is the respect they deserve :)

my understanding is that U2 delayed the album because Bono had a near death experience.
  • Options
    mr bungle said:

my understanding is that U2 delayed the album because Bono had a near death experience.
    They also used Trump getting elected as an excuse. 

I thought the end product was overproduced. A couple gems on that album but overall I was disappointed.
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    Till now,  No pj shows booked for 2019 
    Do you mean there are now shows booked for 2019? 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    CO278952 said:
    That’s how I read it...
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    edited February 2019
    weremin23 said:
    CO278952 said:
    That’s how I read it...
    x2
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    I think he means currently there are no shows booked. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    I think he means currently there are no shows booked. 
    x2
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    weremin23 said:
    CO278952 said:
    That’s how I read it...
    I read it as no shows booked SO FAR. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Kearn5y said:
    weremin23 said:
    CO278952 said:
    That’s how I read it...
    I read it as no shows booked SO FAR. 
    This exactly.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113

Yes timing.

Many fans were anxious for a new album now not because of some random reason, but because of a couple of specific public actions the band decided to take about 50 weeks ago and have yet to address since.

• Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Looks like Ohana is updating their socials, which usually means a lineup announcement is imminent.
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    chiefnjk said:
    Looks like Ohana is updating their socials, which usually means a lineup announcement is imminent.
    just wishful thinking, gretta van fleet would be so sick at ohana. Wonder if Ed is into them?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    the faux led zep?
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    oh boy if this new album turns into a tool like wait, people are going to lose their minds.

as much as i want to say enough of the wrigley and fenway (too many bad seats, epic experiences are now starting to blend together a bit too much, weather risk, etc) if they did do that id be on board, my love of a great show exceeds any stadium complaints.  we'd all take a stadium over a festival any day, so hopefully wrigley is easy enough for them to give us some yearly shows..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,715
    my2hands said:
    the faux led zep?
    Ha
  • Options
    Ohana updated their facebook page with 2019 dates (yes which were already known).

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    nycrats said:
    oh boy if this new album turns into a tool like wait, people are going to lose their minds.

as much as i want to say enough of the wrigley and fenway (too many bad seats, epic experiences are now starting to blend together a bit too much, weather risk, etc) if they did do that id be on board, my love of a great show exceeds any stadium complaints.  we'd all take a stadium over a festival any day, so hopefully wrigley is easy enough for them to give us some yearly shows..

Turn into a tool = 13 years between releases?

Play an arena and charge double so the gross is the same. Its money well spent based on the attributes you cited
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    my2hands said:
    the faux led zep?
    Wrong thread for me to state this but I will do so anyway...I get the (negative) comparisons but I'm very happy a band like this exists. Not for me but for a younger group of individuals.

Every generation needs their own Pearl Jam.

(Maybe they can tour together!) 
  • Options
    rummy said:
    my2hands said:
    the faux led zep?
    Wrong thread for me to state this but I will do so anyway...I get the (negative) comparisons but I'm very happy a band like this exists. Not for me but for a younger group of individuals.

I really enjoy Greta, but they are leaps and bounds away from even being close to a generational band. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    rummy said:
    my2hands said:
    the faux led zep?

I really enjoy Greta, but they are leaps and bounds away from even being close to a generational band. 
    Fair enough. However, I saw them on SNL not too long ago and thought it was refreshing to see a rock band as a musical guest once again. Back in the 1990's/early-2000's, I was always excited to see my favourite (rock) bands perform on SNL. I hope there is still a chance that rock will rise again!
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    my2hands said:
    the faux led zep?

Fair enough. However, I saw them on SNL not too long ago and thought it was refreshing to see a rock band as a musical guest once again. Back in the 1990's/early-2000's, I was always excited to see my favourite (rock) bands perform on SNL. I hope there is still a chance that rock will rise again!
    I get that. I’m actually okay with rock being under the radar. Bands stay smaller and that means you get to see some great talent in small venues. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    well just to put it into perspective, I am 53, my 21 year old's favorite bands are PJ and Greta. Only two bands he is interested, for the most part, in seeing live. We go to Ohana every year and he would love to see some Greta love from Ed. Its cool someone his age is so stoked on bands decades apart. Oh, leaving in the morning with him to Innings fest! Hoping for some new material.
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Can we not do the Greta Van Fleet thing here, please? There is already so much of this banter in their thread in the Other Music forum. I know there’s not much in the way of rumors right now, but... please. 
  • Options
    Can we not do the Greta Van Fleet thing here, please? There is already so much of this banter in their thread in the Other Music forum. I know there’s not much in the way of rumors right now, but... please. 
    You are correct. However, I guess it speaks to the lack of rumours that are aflutter right now.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    nycrats said:

Play an arena and charge double so the gross is the same. Its money well spent based on the attributes you cited
    They dont need to do the play arena charge double.  I know some people think this is about gross margin, but when planning a tour and you only are doing like 7 dates, the big giant venues were about mass access.  

Bands Pearl Jams caliber and contemporaries routinely play venues that are mid to large size arenas selling tickets from $75 to $100 and do just fine.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    PB11041 said:
    nycrats said:

Bands Pearl Jams caliber and contemporaries routinely play venues that are mid to large size arenas selling tickets from $75 to $100 and do just fine.  
    Such as?  Lerxst1992 simply wants PJ to play arenas instead of anything larger.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Get_Right said:
    PB11041 said:
    nycrats said:

Such as?  Lerxst1992 simply wants PJ to play arenas instead of anything larger.
    You forgot the residency in NYC.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."