The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited February 2019
    pjhawks said:
    Back to back losses against Big East teams? Come on Nova, you're better than that!
    isn't that 3 out of 4? since Juggler was pumping them up :)
    No.....it's only 2 out of 3 national championships.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    pjhawks said:
    Back to back losses against Big East teams? Come on Nova, you're better than that!

Little sour since the juggler curse has taken hold? I swear as soon as you pump any team up they go into a spin.  I wouldn’t worry big guy jay will right the ship again. Just let it ride out
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Little sour since the juggler curse has taken hold? I swear as soon as you pump any team up they go into a spin.  I wouldn’t worry big guy jay will right the ship again. Just let it ride out
    Huh? They’re 20-7 and better than I thought they’d be after losing their four best players.

But by all means, please continue to talk shit about a few losses in February. It’s so cute!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Huh? They’re 20-7 and better than I thought they’d be after losing their four best players.

But by all means, please continue to talk shit about a few losses in February. It’s so cute!
    how is saying a fact (loss 3 out of 4) talking shit? fuck i even said not to worry as Jay will turn it around. some people...
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

how is saying a fact (loss 3 out of 4) talking shit? fuck i even said not to worry as Jay will turn it around. some people...
    When you win national championships every other year, a few losses in an anticipated down season aren’t quite that big a deal. 

Martelli finally gonna stop living off 2004 now? Are they gonna move on? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

When you win national championships every other year, a few losses in an anticipated down season aren’t quite that big a deal. 

i would say its about 90-10 he is gone after this year. contract has 2 more years to go. only way he stays on is if they don't want to pay out two years for him.  there is no chance he is here more than 1 more year.  Hopefully he takes the high road and negotiates an out this year but i'm not sure his personality will allow that.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

2004 was a good year though.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

i would say its about 90-10 he is gone after this year. contract has 2 more years to go. only way he stays on is if they don't want to pay out two years for him.  there is no chance he is here more than 1 more year.  Hopefully he takes the high road and negotiates an out this year but i'm not sure his personality will allow that.
    UMass on Saturday right? That’s gotta be a win for you guys
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

down to 7 healthy scholarship players and zero enthusiasm in the program i wouldn't say any game is a sure win at this point.  I'd never wish for one of my teams to lose...but more loses is a higher % he is fired at the end of the year.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

down to 7 healthy scholarship players and zero enthusiasm in the program i wouldn't say any game is a sure win at this point.  I'd never wish for one of my teams to lose...but more loses is a higher % he is fired at the end of the year.
    Well good luck. Maybe you could pry one of Jay’s assistants loose to be your next coach. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    Come on, lost to Xavier???
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    The ol’ Tom Emanski Back to Back to Back Big East Champs

chinese-happy.jpg
    Wonder if Temple gets in?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I think they will but will be in first four
    Did i see Nova only got a six seed?

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    yeah apparently. Thought they would at least get a 4 or 5 seed.

Temple also made it in the playoff match.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Martelli fired. Not totally surprised but still a little bit of a shock hearing the news. it was time though. change was needed.  24 years. some amazing memories but too much mediocrity the past decade.   be interesting who they hire. I'm hearing Jameer might be a candidate.  I'd prefer they hire someone who has been a head coach though.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,385
    pjhawks said:
    I think they will but will be in first four
    Belmont!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Hakim Hart Tweeted that he's reopened his recruiting : 

Nice win by Nova
    edited March 2019
    cutz said:

He signed a loi so he isn’t going anywhere before a new coach us named and talks with him. 

And Phil is acting like a self entitled prick at this point, at over a million dollars a year better than barely over .500 over a decade is not an unrealistic expectation.  The program was good before him and will hopefully be better after him. Despite the clueless media his firing was absolutely the right move. I’m excited for the future on hawk hill
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

He signed a loi so he isn’t going anywhere before a new coach us named and talks with him. 

And Phil is acting like a self entitled prick at this point, at over a million dollars a year better than barely over .500 over a decade is not an unrealistic expectation.  The program was good before him and will hopefully be better after him. Despite the clueless media his firing was absolutely the right move. I’m excited for the future on hawk hill
    True, but if he doesn't want to stay i would think SJ will release him.

I'm sure the Vultures are hovering around him already since he Tweeted he reopened his recruitment. 
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

I'm sure the Vultures are hovering around him already since he Tweeted he reopened his recruitment. 
    I heard Jameer Nelson is in the running for the head coach? It would be cool but has he had any coaching exeperience?

Also Aaron McKie for Temple gig?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

I heard Jameer Nelson is in the running for the head coach? It would be cool but has he had any coaching exeperience?

Also Aaron McKie for Temple gig?
    Jameer has no coaching experience. He is also close to martelli so not sure he would take it. Information I’m hearing is looking at a few mid major coaches and top assistants at big schools. Lots of interest in the job
    Well maybe next year Nova.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Thought they’d lose not didn’t see such a beatdown.  

Tourney has mostly sucked. Lots of blowouts. Think sweet 16 games should be really good
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    pjhawks said:

Tourney has mostly sucked. Lots of blowouts. Think sweet 16 games should be really good
    Been a long time since I have been this bored with a tournament 
    pjhawks said:

yeah def.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Winning the Big East again and a first round game was a good enough season for this squad. They just didn't have the horses. I love Phil Booth but anytime he is the best player, you're not going to go very far. Imagine how good this team could've been with Divincenzo and Spellman still around? Oh well. Hell of a coaching job by Jay.

Monster class coming in next year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Billy Lange the new Hawks coach. Seems jameer turned down offer to be associate head coach.  Probably not my first choice but I think the upside of the hire is good