Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Good point, wasted some 'ok' lettuce there.
    There was a time when I would have rather dropped a 6 pack on my toes than eat any lettuce that was not part of a sammie or a burger. 
    Fuck, this being old shit is for the birds. 
    Was that romaine, though? On second thought, maybe Scruffy was protecting his family from E. coli. 

I know they say it’s safe to eat again, but the last time they said that, it was not safe to eat again after about two weeks. 

Always go with arugula. It has mad flavor, and you can sautée it with some garlic, balsamic and crushed red pepper after it has lost its pep in raw form. 

Hell, I bet that would even be good tossed on a slice and warmed up in the toaster oven.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    dankind said:
    There was a time when I would have rather dropped a 6 pack on my toes than eat any lettuce that was not part of a sammie or a burger. 
    Was that romaine, though? On second thought, maybe Scruffy was protecting his family from E. coli. 

I know they say it’s safe to eat again, but the last time they said that, it was not safe to eat again after about two weeks. 

Always go with arugula. It has mad flavor, and you can sautée it with some garlic, balsamic and crushed red pepper after it has lost its pep in raw form. 

Hell, I bet that would even be good tossed on a slice and warmed up in the toaster oven.
    Hell yeah! Arugula, prosciutto, shallot, shaved parmesan...
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Hobbes said:
    dankind said:

Hell yeah! Arugula, prosciutto, shallot, shaved parmesan...
    Stop! You’re getting dangerously close to Swedish there. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Gimme a slice with bacon, glazed donut, and jelly bellies. Oh, and a diet Coke.

'murica.
  • Options
    There was a time when I would have rather dropped a 6 pack on my toes than eat any lettuce 
    What a fucking tool

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Hobbes said:

'murica.
    Are those sides or toppings? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    Hobbes said:

'murica.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxXZh23fGl4
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    dankind said:

Some thinly-sliced prosciutto, arugula, tomato, & goat cheese on a pie is amazing.
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna go for a poor man's American pizza after work today: wonder bread, ketchup, sliced wieners, and cheeze whiz.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    I think I'm gonna go for a poor man's American pizza after work today: wonder bread, ketchup, sliced wieners, and cheeze whiz.
    Don’t forget steam um s and tater tots!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    There was a time when I would have rather dropped a 6 pack on my toes than eat any lettuce 
    What a fucking tool

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    I made the 4 year old a variation on this and he didn't like it.  (Bread, tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni...into the toaster oven.)
    The birth of a Pizza Snob.
  • Options
    dankind said:

Some thinly-sliced prosciutto, arugula, tomato, & goat cheese on a pie is amazing.
    My palette is not refined enough for goat cheese yet. I still try it every once in a while and wind up like this. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

My palette is not refined enough for goat cheese yet. I still try it every once in a while and wind up like this. 

How I feel about blue cheese.
    I like most goat cheese.  Tasty.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Gorgonzola is a good replacement.
  • Options
    I made the 4 year old a variation on this and he didn't like it.  (Bread, tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni...into the toaster oven.)
    We called that a Pizza Bob (the sandwich, not the person who didn't like it lol).
  • Options

lol

I remember growing up in the days when any protest I made over food prompted the smack in the back of the head parental response followed by, "You're gonna eat it. And you're gonna like it."

My daughter has refined tastes as well. When we go to the butcher before grilling, I always note the T-bone steaks first. If there is a T-bone with a generous portion of fillet, I will buy it to split with my wife. I buy the kids sirloins. My daughter becomes indignant. One time she blurted, "Hey. I don't want sirloin. I want fillet too."

The butcher kinda looked at me. I just laughed and said, "Maybe I should get some wieners for you like I used to get when my parents grilled steaks for themselves?" I think the first time I tried steaks was maybe when I was 12 (and it was chuck).

Aaah the good 'ol days.
  • Options

lol

I remember growing up in the days when any protest I made over food prompted the smack in the back of the head parental response followed by, "You're gonna eat it. And you're gonna like it."

My daughter has refined tastes as well. When we go to the butcher before grilling, I always note the T-bone steaks first. If there is a T-bone with a generous portion of fillet, I will buy it to split with my wife. I buy the kids sirloins. My daughter becomes indignant. One time she blurted, "Hey. I don't want sirloin. I want fillet too."

The butcher kinda looked at me. I just laughed and said, "Maybe I should get some wieners for you like I used to get when my parents grilled steaks for themselves?" I think the first time I tried steaks was maybe when I was 12 (and it was chuck).

Aaah the good 'ol days.
    I went out to dinner on average probably 2x per year with my parents.  "Out to eat" was what they did.  We stayed home and ate leftovers or tv-fucking-dinners. 
    Sure as shit never bought and cooked us T-Bone steaks.
    I would have loved a Pizza Bob, as Dyer dubbed it.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

I love blue cheese, except when it starts to taste like cat piss smells. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    You gotta do it on an English muffin, not bread.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

That is not the normal taste?  :lol:   
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Good call!
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Agreed. Or bagels do the trick. 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

It’s ignorant.

It’s in our fridge and when I open the fridge door, it’s like a flashback to my college locker room after a practice.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited February 2019
    We keep Stouffers french bread pizzas around when we need something fairly quick. Not bad when cooked properly.
    Might even dip them in Bleu Cheese dressing when properly intoxicated.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Blue cheese dressing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ranch dressing
  • Options
    Blue cheese dressing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ranch dressing
    Both are disgusting.  Yuck
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Both are disgusting.  Yuck
    As long as you agree on ranch, that's all that matters!
  • Options
    I prefer Ranch to Blue Cheese if using either one. 
    Neither goes on pizza, for me, although I agree that that frozen french bread pizza can be good when in the right frame of mind.  Very crunchy!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I too have a food snob son.  13 years old. Dad this pasta carbonara is good, but it would be better if you made it with real guanciale instead of pancetta.  Ugh.  Hey son, do you want to get sushi tonight?  Sure dad but can we go to a place to sit down and have the chef serve us at the sushi bar?  Hey son, do you want to order pizza tonight?  Sure dad, can we go to Frank Pepe's and get the clam pie.  You get the picture. He will not use bottled salad dressing - has to be olive oil and balsamic.  Definitely the parents fault.  Should have raised him on Spaghetti Os with franks.