Poll--The Weakest Link: Led Zeppelin's 'Led Zeppelin IV' Round 1

1235»

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Four Sticks
    Yeah, this is great stuff

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Four Sticks
    MedozK said:
    Almost 50 votes, great to see the participation for this one.
    Except for the 2% who voted for When the Levee Breaks. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    MedozK said:
    Ha, yea I tend to agree.  :o
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    When the Levee Breaks
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    Ha, yea I tend to agree.  :o
    Hey that was my first impression of the album!  It was either the levee or four sticks.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Rock and Roll
    Side B > Side A
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Stairway to Heaven
    Hobbes said:
    Side B > Side A
    Way
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Rock and Roll
    ed243421 said:
    Hobbes said:
    Side B > Side A
    Way
    See the source image
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    The Battle of Evermore
    I remember having a "Stairway to Heaven" dance when I was in Jr High.....would have been 1982 or so.

I also remember listening to STH backwards in my sunday school class at church to hear Satan.
    There has to be more to this story than just that snippet?!?
    There were a few songs that we listened to.  I'm pretty sure Mr. Crowley was one also.

But yes we did play Dungeons and Dragons as a group at our associate minister's place.  The congregation was not happy about that.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Four Sticks
    I remember having a "Stairway to Heaven" dance when I was in Jr High.....would have been 1982 or so.

I also remember listening to STH backwards in my sunday school class at church to hear Satan.
    There were a few songs that we listened to.  I'm pretty sure Mr. Crowley was one also.

But yes we did play Dungeons and Dragons as a group at our associate minister's place.  The congregation was not happy about that.
    How does someone who played D&D pick The Battle of Evermore as the weakest link?!?
    jk, there is no correct answer in this poll.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited February 2019
    Misty Mountain Hop
    I love how this album is making everyone say “What? How could you vote for [song]? Heresy!”

Then reply wth “Says the person who voted for [song].”  :lol:
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Stairway to Heaven
     My 1st 4 out would be:

stairway
    battle
    misty
    four
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Rock and Roll
    I love how this album is making everyone say “What? How could you vote for [song]? Heresy!”

Then reply wth “Says the person who voted for [song].”  :lol:
    It's only gonna get tougher too.

I'm trying to be objective when I make my selection, but even then- emotions aside- it's tough. Stairway to Heaven is not going to survive the exercise and- as one of the most recognized and infamous rock songs ever- I'm sincerely not sure if that is right or not?

I'm not knocking anyone for a 1st round Stairway vote either- I'm thinking it is going to reach a point where I might have to vote it off.

Shucks. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Four Sticks
    Hobbes said:
    Side B > Side A
    Unfortunately, the songs on Side A are overplayed...kind of like Ten.
    Four Sticks
    All eight songs are amazing. I voted "objectively" (please note the quotes - I couldn't think of better word) and considered the "popularity" (again, quotes used liberally) of all the songs. Heck, "Four Sticks" was the only song from the album omitted from that Remasters box set from about 30 (!) years ago.
    Four Sticks
    It will indeed be tougher moving forward. However, I never need to hear "Black Dog" or "Rock and Roll" again. Again, I can draw the Ten  comparisons here.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited February 2019
    Going to California
    Hobbes said:
    Side B > Side A
    I dunno if one side is better than the other but I'll say this: This is one of the albums that suffers (to a small degree) when it's listened to on CD (or now digitally) compared to vinyl the way it was intended. Stairway To Heaven ending Side A of the vinyl works so perfectly. But on CD, the transition from the epicness of Stairway to the...in my opinion..."silliness" of Misty Mountain Hop is pretty awkward. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Poll will close today at 5:00 cst
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    The Battle of Evermore

How does someone who played D&D pick The Battle of Evermore as the weakest link?!?
    Four STicks just rocks too hard....BOE just gets the nod
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Misty Mountain Hop

Four STicks just rocks too hard....BOE just gets the nod
    BOE was such a fun song, still is and  agree w Four Sticks being a rockin song.  That is why I chose Misty Mountain.  Weakest song of the bunch.
  • Misty Mountain Hop
    Hey McGruff listen to Whole lotta love from a good source with headphones on.  The recording, if good, should excite you.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    When the Levee Breaks
    Hey McGruff listen to Whole lotta love from a good source with headphones on.  The recording, if good, should excite you.
    will do!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    This poll has closed
This discussion has been closed.