Brothers say Jussie Smollett paid them to carry out alleged attack: sources

Comments

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm not ready to believe "sources within".  I'll believe an official Chicago PD statement.  Not saying he didn't do it himself....just not ready to believe the hype over the "victim" yet.
    Yeah, I'm definitely comfortable just waiting to hear the results of a complete investigation on this one. I have no opinion at the moment (i had never even heard of this guy before this story broke btw), aside from thinking it's all very weird. I need to know the details and answers to the whys.
    People having never heard of this guy is his motivation. Now everyone knows his name. He will get charged with filing a false police report and nothing of consequence will happen, then he will no on talk shows and probably end up on some reality tv shows that idiots will watch and he will make more money than he would have in his acting career. 

He's on the show Empire, and if I look it up I see that it was the number one rated show in the 18 - 49 demographic for three seasons. Descriptions of it online say "Other than sports programming, the show made more money for its network last year than did any other series, including advertiser favorites American Idol and The Big Bang Theory."

So probably he was already making money. 
    supposedly the rumors were he was being written out of the show
    The producers of the show said it was not true when this first happened. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJNB said:
    These are allegedly the brothers that were involved. Didn't he say he single handedly fought them off lol. What a crazy story. 

So that skinny little fuck beat these 2 off...now his story is believable.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Police sources: New evidence suggests Jussie Smollett orchestrated attack
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • He deserves to be charged for falsifying a report to police. What a fucking loser. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    He deserves to be charged for falsifying a report to police. What a fucking loser. 
    Yup. If he's indicted by the grand jury, charged and found guilty, the LBGQT community should vilify him. This type of behavior is super harmful to real, future victims who's claims may be doubted.  I also hope it causes him to be shit canned from Empire. He did it for publicity. Well, he got some publicity. And I hope he's rewarded with a career change. Maybe Subway will hire him. They got some press out of this.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Yeah this is career ending....what an idiot

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Fuck this guy.  Glad they're charging his dumb ass with a crime.  The whole thing sounded shady from the beginning.  To fake something like this when there are plenty of real hate crimes going on in the world is so ridiculous.
    Sounds like it related to him being pissed off at his salary.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Sounds like it related to him being pissed off at his salary.
    Ridiculous. I’m sure I’d be happy with his salary.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    What a dumbass...that is all of the sentiment I can muster towards this...dumbass...
  • jeffbr said:
    He deserves to be charged for falsifying a report to police. What a fucking loser. 
    Yup. If he's indicted by the grand jury, charged and found guilty, the LBGQT community should vilify him. This type of behavior is super harmful to real, future victims who's claims may be doubted.  I also hope it causes him to be shit canned from Empire. He did it for publicity. Well, he got some publicity. And I hope he's rewarded with a career change. Maybe Subway will hire him. They got some press out of this.
    This will cause pause in any new hate, racist, gay crime that comes up next.

He single handed served hate mongers a W on a silver platter.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    jeffbr said:

Yep.  Any one not caught on video will be a hoax.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    jeffbr said:

Ummmmm pause is good. We should wait before reacting. Common folk and celebrities alike could use a more - wait till we learn more approach 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:

Ummmmm pause is good. We should wait before reacting. Common folk and celebrities alike could use a more - wait till we learn more approach 
    Agreed.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alright, this particular hate crime turned out to be a hoax, but let&#39;s remember, ALL OF THEM are hoaxes.  <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Smollett?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Smollett</a></p>&mdash; Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) <a href="">February 21, 2019</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow, just wow...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Yeah this is career ending....what an idiot
    Nah, Celebrity Apprentice 2021. Trump will need to be back in the spotlight after he loses and he'll be recruiting a gaggle of losers to lap up his bullshit.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alright, this particular hate crime turned out to be a hoax, but let&#39;s remember, ALL OF THEM are hoaxes.  <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Smollett?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Smollett</a></p>&mdash; Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) <a href="">February 21, 2019</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow, just wow...
    She is such a vile human being. It's really unbelievable. She should have been Hitler's PR person.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alright, this particular hate crime turned out to be a hoax, but let&#39;s remember, ALL OF THEM are hoaxes.  <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Smollett?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Smollett</a></p>&mdash; Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) <a href="">February 21, 2019</a></blockquote>

Wow, just wow...
    She is such a vile human being. It's really unbelievable. She should have been Hitler's PR person.
    She got a bunch of heat for it on Twitter but why she continues to be relevant is beyond me...
    All this because an asshole making 65 000 grand an episode was not happy with being an overpaid entertainer.  Hopefully, he loses everything.  The Chicago police have better things to do than to deal with morons likes this.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • All this because an asshole making 65 000 grand an episode was not happy with being an overpaid entertainer.  Hopefully, he loses everything.  The Chicago police have better things to do than to deal with morons likes this.
    Glad you mentioned this.

There are homicides daily that go unsolved in Chitown.   They solved this in 3 days...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    This guy wrote a check to these dudes to do this.  How fucking dumb can you be?!?  You never leave a paper trail!!
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    This guy wrote a check to these dudes to do this.  How fucking dumb can you be?!?  You never leave a paper trail!!
    He was dumb enough to think this was a good idea in the first place, so the check writing doesn’t surprise me.
    He has been removed from his TV show for the last 2 episodes of the season.  I would say he is as dumb as rocks...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited February 2019
    Charles Barkley rips Jussie Smollett
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-jJwj8SuDE

"If you are going to break the law, do not write a cheque" - Charles Barkley

LOL
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

If this guy did indeed pay these 2?

At no point did he think there was the slightest chance that this might lead to career suicide? At no point did he realize that this scheme might just backfire? Did this guy now catapult himself in to the top 10 of the "Dumbest Human Beings Walking Planet Earth" ?

Top 10 might be low
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited February 2019
    jeffbr said:

Any time I try to say that when someone is accused of sexual misconduct, and get absolutely torn apart by most people on social media. I also got torn apart about it with this issue - when I said (elsewhere) that I wanted to wait and hear more once the Chicago media started running with the fake attack story, fucking everybody dog piled on me for being unwilling to admit the truth or whatever.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

Any time I try to say that when someone is accused of sexual misconduct, and get absolutely torn apart by most people on social media. I also got torn apart about it with this issue - when I said (elsewhere) that I wanted to wait and hear more once the Chicago media started running with the fake attack story, fucking everybody dog piled on me for being unwilling to admit the truth or whatever.
    I can’t even recall where we discussed it before. Which thread was it in? Obviously not this one. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf