The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Anti Hero is a winner bud. Try Fist City by them if they sell it nearby. It’s a great beer. 
    Fist city is by revolution or another brewery?
    Revolution. I’m pretty sure they distribute it by you. Highly recommend to switch it up. 
    I ll definitely get it next time. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Did another brewfest yesterday. Started with a kegs & eggs breakfast at 9:30 at 1 brewery. Then brewfest from 1-4:30. And ended at a different brewery for an after party. 

I must admit, I'm kind of bored with the brewfests. Too many people nowadays. Longer lines and the vendors commonly run out of beer early. Then there are a huge majority of the same vendors at each one, so it sometimes feels like I'm not even trying a lot of new stuff.

Maybe it would be a great idea to hit up a brewfest when on vacation to the east or west coast. Sure to be loaded with places not available in the midwest. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Image result for naturdays
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    Is that actually legit? Who the hell would drink that
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Is that actually legit? Who the hell would drink that
    I believe it is. The same people that drink Leinenkugel?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    So a good beer for my wife hahaha
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Anti Hero is a winner bud. Try Fist City by them if they sell it nearby. It’s a great beer. 
    Revolution. I’m pretty sure they distribute it by you. Highly recommend to switch it up. 
    I think Fist City is Chicago area only.  Or at least it used to be....not sure if they widely distribute that one these days.  But definitely check it out if you see it...a great pale ale.  My go-to beer if it's going to be a long day of drinking.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    I think Fist City is Chicago area only.  Or at least it used to be....not sure if they widely distribute that one these days.  But definitely check it out if you see it...a great pale ale.  My go-to beer if it's going to be a long day of drinking.
    Yeah I wasn’t sure if they were distributing outside of Chicago or not. But agree it’s a perfect go-to for long days. 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Yeah I wasn’t sure if they were distributing outside of Chicago or not. But agree it’s a perfect go-to for long days. 
    So it s a session ipa?
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    So it s a session ipa?
    I think they just classify it as a pale ale. Like an APA type of beer. It’s really good and on the lighter side. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Giving this a try for the snow day tomorrow. 
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.

• Giving this a try for the snow day tomorrow. 
    Clown Shoes makes a beer called Clementine that I absolutely loved.

Give that a try if you can find it.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Giving this a try for the snow day tomorrow. 
    Clown Shoes makes a beer called Clementine that I absolutely loved.

Give that a try if you can find it.
    I'll keep an eye out for it.  The local shop had a few of their beers in stock.
    edited February 2019
    Clementine is really good. Space Cake and Tramp Stamp are also very good 
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

Did this tonight. Tried 7 different IPAs. My favorite brewery but they don't bottle or can anything.
    #FHP
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Horos said:

Did this tonight. Tried 7 different IPAs. My favorite brewery but they don't bottle or can anything.
    That would have been fun. I love Boneyard, but as you say, no bottles or cans. I've visited Boneyard the 2 times I went to Bend, and love their beers. I can occasionally find RPM on tap up here in bars or my local Total Wine, and always get a growler fill when I see it, but that's about the only Boneyard beer I see around here.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Happy Friday everyone. Cheers! Hope you enjoy some great beer this weekend
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Torn Label Hang ‘em High IPA

So Happy they started canning this beer!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Tonight's choice....

Is that double ipa above 9%?
    Went to a benefit for a firefighter last night. Simon Floyd (3 Floyd's) donated a bottle of 2018 Dark Lord and a 2018 Dark Lord Hanjee Variant, both for silent auction.

Dark Lord Original went for $110
    Variant Dark Lord went for $550
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Tonight's choice....

Toppling Goliath puts out great beers. I’m a big fan. Enjoy. 
    Went to a benefit for a firefighter last night. Simon Floyd (3 Floyd's) donated a bottle of 2018 Dark Lord and a 2018 Dark Lord Hanjee Variant, both for silent auction.

Dark Lord Original went for $110
    Variant Dark Lord went for $550
    Hopefully that Variant price was more to benefit the firefighter. That’s insane. 
    Had a couple Hacker Pschorr over the weekend. I forgot what a tasty beer that is, especially with a lemon. 
    That’s one big bottle...

Well??? How was it?
    Well??? How was it?
    Always one of the best barrel aged stouts. Had it numerous times before. Just felt like posting a pic of a big ass bottle lol 
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

Got snowed out on Monday.
    #FHP
    Still eagerly waiting to try the Elder. The Younger is only available on tap at the brewery once a year or something, right?