The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Yeah, that Puck would not be something I would try...unless it were free at a brewfest or something. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Just got some of these from Anchorage Brewing....

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
     ^ Damn those look good. Haven’t had either but I’m a big fan of barrel aged Barleywines and Coffee Stouts in general . 17% is a big boy beer right there. Enjoy. 
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    edited January 2019
    I love barleywine, haven't seen many at my local store this year.
    When it says barleywine style is it a barleywine?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Just got these...

^ You land some really good beer. Wish I had access. 
    Tastes like Reese’s peanut butter.

Fantastic IPA.

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

#FHP
    Hop Butcher cherry milkshake IPA. Good stuff.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    bbiggs is drinking reese’s pb beer and cherry milkshake beer, so wrong.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Haha there is actually a lot of truth to this statement. I think soon I’m going to bring it back to basics. The milkshake IPAs are good but they’re a little bit too much. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    This is okay

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    Wobbie said:
    Haha there is actually a lot of truth to this statement. I think soon I’m going to bring it back to basics. The milkshake IPAs are good but they’re a little bit too much. 
    Yeah I don’t know about these milkshake IPAs. Most of them are just way too sweet for me although some do have a nice balance between hoppy and sweet.  I had one from Brickstone last night that was pretty good. 

You score any of the other hop butcher releases this week?  I ended up with all 4. Was an expensive week!
    bbiggs said:
    Wobbie said:
    Yeah I don’t know about these milkshake IPAs. Most of them are just way too sweet for me although some do have a nice balance between hoppy and sweet.  I had one from Brickstone last night that was pretty good. 

You score any of the other hop butcher releases this week?  I ended up with all 4. Was an expensive week!
    I wanted to try the Brickstone release this week but I had already bought too much Hop Butcher. It was the pineapple/mango one, right?

I did score all the Hop Butchers as well. Mirror Ball is good. I really enjoy the Traveling Scientist too. Didn’t try the other yet. Super expensive beer week. These prices are out of control. 
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Horos said:

Russian River.........Nice!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Wobbie said:

I wanted to try the Brickstone release this week but I had already bought too much Hop Butcher. It was the pineapple/mango one, right?

I did score all the Hop Butchers as well. Mirror Ball is good. I really enjoy the Traveling Scientist too. Didn’t try the other yet. Super expensive beer week. These prices are out of control. 
    Yeah it was the pineapple/mango one from Brickstone.  Luckily I was at a bottle shop Saturday night that had it on tap...didn't want to buy a full 4 pack of that one.  All the hop butcher releases this week were great.  Dun dun dun is one of my favorites from them.  And I like the galaxy traveling scientist....nice that it's just a pale ale and is a little bit on the lighter side.  Some of these prices are rough but I don't mind paying a premium for quality stuff.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Finally got a hold of Oskar Blues barrel aged Ten Fidy. Good and strong.
    Also had Sam Adams New England Style IPA. I thought it was very good.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Finally got a hold of Oskar Blues barrel aged Ten Fidy. Good and strong.
    Also had Sam Adams New England Style IPA. I thought it was very good.
    Ten Fidy is excellent. 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Wobbie said:

Yeah it was the pineapple/mango one from Brickstone.  Luckily I was at a bottle shop Saturday night that had it on tap...didn't want to buy a full 4 pack of that one.  All the hop butcher releases this week were great.  Dun dun dun is one of my favorites from them.  And I like the galaxy traveling scientist....nice that it's just a pale ale and is a little bit on the lighter side.  Some of these prices are rough but I don't mind paying a premium for quality stuff.
    I’ll be down in Bourbonnais on Saturday for a gymnastics meet so me and one of the other dads are going to head over to Brickstone to have a couple beers. I’m hoping they have this one on tap still.  Looking forward to Dun Dun Dun. It was good a couple years ago when I had it last. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ^be sure to practice, eat right and stretch! Have fun and be careful buddy! We'll all be here rooting for you.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    ^be sure to practice, eat right and stretch! Have fun and be careful buddy! We'll all be here rooting for you.
    LMAO! I just perfected my iron cross so I’m ready to rock. :lol: 
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Picked up this at the weekend. I've heard good things about about burning sky. Really looking forward to it.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Happy friday!
    First time visiting the actual taproom of one of my favorite breweries. Brickstone.  Cheers!

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    My go to mid west beer.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    ^ Anti Hero is a winner bud. Try Fist City by them if they sell it nearby. It’s a great beer. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Going light beers tonight. Cheers 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Anti Hero is a winner bud. Try Fist City by them if they sell it nearby. It’s a great beer. 
    Fist city is by revolution or another brewery?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Fist city is by revolution or another brewery?
    Revolution. I’m pretty sure they distribute it by you. Highly recommend to switch it up.