Brothers say Jussie Smollett paid them to carry out alleged attack: sources

Comments

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    This is very strange.  This hoax is very high-risk low-reward.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Yeah totally weird what people will do for attention/publicity is absurd..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Maybe he went mental or something. Looking forward to finding put the whole story - essentially the why.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    edited February 2019
    Terrence Howard is no longer the craziest person acting on Empire.  What a country!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    This story is bizarre.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • If this guy did indeed pay these 2?

At no point did he think there was the slightest chance that this might lead to career suicide? At no point did he realize that this scheme might just backfire? Did this guy now catapult himself in to the top 10 of the "Dumbest Human Beings Walking Planet Earth" ?

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • His story hasn’t made sense from the first second I heard it. This totally makes more sense.

If this guy did indeed pay these 2?

At no point did he think there was the slightest chance that this might lead to career suicide? At no point did he realize that this scheme might just backfire? Did this guy now catapult himself in to the top 10 of the "Dumbest Human Beings Walking Planet Earth" ?

lol I believe the brothers got payed and we’re let go no ? 
  • If this guy did indeed pay these 2?

The police questioned the 2, and yes they were released. Now they are investigating the whole incident as a hoax.

WTF was this nitwit thinking? What was he attempting to prove? How was this stunt going to benefit him?

Unreal

If this guy did indeed pay these 2?

The police questioned the 2, and yes they were released. Now they are investigating the whole incident as a hoax.

WTF was this nitwit thinking? What was he attempting to prove? How was this stunt going to benefit him?

Unreal

He’ll never ever be able to sit at family dinner again ! lol 
    This guy needs to be in the Idiot thread ..
  • This guy needs to be in the Idiot thread ..
    yes sir.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Someone is lying, either the actor or the 2 brothers?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Perhaps the 2 brothers are kin of Clayton Bigsby.  Then it would all make sense. 
    Maybe he's mentally ill or suffering from a nervous breakdown or something.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Maybe he's mentally ill or suffering from a nervous breakdown or something.
    Yeah he's suffering from TDS.

This guy should be thrown in jail.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    This guy pisses me off so much. So many really awful things happening to people of color or people of the LBGT(I honestly forget all the other letters currently) community. And to give any indication to the idiots that are frightened and scared of change in this area that these terrible things might be orchestrated and fake....awful.

And to the 2 idiots that agreed to it...nice work asshats. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I thought it was odd when he initially refused to turn over his phone to police so that they could check the timing of the phone call he said he was on at the time of the attack.

That being said....I haven't seen any major news source report what the link is reporting.  I hope it is jumping to a conclusion because he is denying it was a set up and if it was a set up it is going to be pretty obvious.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I thought it was odd when he initially refused to turn over his phone to police so that they could check the timing of the phone call he said he was on at the time of the attack.

That being said....I haven't seen any major news source report what the link is reporting.  I hope it is jumping to a conclusion because he is denying it was a set up and if it was a set up it is going to be pretty obvious.
    CNN has several stories in their websites front page.
    hippiemom = goodness
    I'm not ready to believe "sources within".  I'll believe an official Chicago PD statement.  Not saying he didn't do it himself....just not ready to believe the hype over the "victim" yet.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I'm not ready to believe "sources within".  I'll believe an official Chicago PD statement.  Not saying he didn't do it himself....just not ready to believe the hype over the "victim" yet.
    Yeah, I'm definitely comfortable just waiting to hear the results of a complete investigation on this one. I have no opinion at the moment (i had never even heard of this guy before this story broke btw), aside from thinking it's all very weird. I need to know the details and answers to the whys.
    Not you two because I don’t remember what you said back when it happened but I do find it funny that people now want to wait until more is known. We could all learn a valuable lesson from this regardless of the outcome 
    hippiemom = goodness
    If the "sources" are correct he's absolutely screwed.  But I don't see how he would be denying it if that were the case. 

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Lol, Brian Williams would be jealous.  If all of these hoax accusations are true, the police and tax payers should get a turn slapping the shit out of this dumbass in real life!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, I'm definitely comfortable just waiting to hear the results of a complete investigation on this one. I have no opinion at the moment (i had never even heard of this guy before this story broke btw), aside from thinking it's all very weird. I need to know the details and answers to the whys.
    People having never heard of this guy is his motivation. Now everyone knows his name. He will get charged with filing a false police report and nothing of consequence will happen, then he will no on talk shows and probably end up on some reality tv shows that idiots will watch and he will make more money than he would have in his acting career. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    People having never heard of this guy is his motivation. Now everyone knows his name. He will get charged with filing a false police report and nothing of consequence will happen, then he will no on talk shows and probably end up on some reality tv shows that idiots will watch and he will make more money than he would have in his acting career. 

He's on the show Empire, and if I look it up I see that it was the number one rated show in the 18 - 49 demographic for three seasons. Descriptions of it online say "Other than sports programming, the show made more money for its network last year than did any other series, including advertiser favorites American Idol and The Big Bang Theory."

So probably he was already making money. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    These are allegedly the brothers that were involved. Didn't he say he single handedly fought them off lol. What a crazy story. 

pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have no clue what his motivation might have been, and neither do you. I am eager to hear the  results of the investigation, because it's a very intriguing and odd story.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:

He's on the show Empire, and if I look it up I see that it was the number one rated show in the 18 - 49 demographic for three seasons. Descriptions of it online say "Other than sports programming, the show made more money for its network last year than did any other series, including advertiser favorites American Idol and The Big Bang Theory."

So probably he was already making money. 
    supposedly the rumors were he was being written out of the show