Options

The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

1262728293032»

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Screwed up and won a game last night.  Haha, suck it Preds!
  • Options
    We got ourselves a win streak!  Stanley Cup here we come!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    We got ourselves a win streak!  Stanley Cup here we come!

Watch out!  They're definitely not as bad as they've shown the past couple months....they'll prob end up in the middle of the pack out of the playoffs but without a very high draft pick.  The worst place to be!
  • Options
    7 in a row!  Western Conference standings are wild.....Hawks are 4 points out of a playoff spot and also 4 points from last place in the conference.  Will be interesting to see if they buy or sell at the trade deadline.  Don't really think they should be buyers here because it's unlikely that they make a deep playoff run.

At this point they should have just gotten rid of Q in the offseason.  I still don't think they should have fired him at all, but it's clear that Bowman wanted to get rid of him.  They could have had training camp and early in the season to adjust to Colliton's system which is clearly working now.   Instead they fire Q 10 games in and then the Hawks completely sucked for 6 weeks while getting used a new system.
  • Options
    Playing with some purpose lately, for certain.  Kane is on fire.  Toews already surpassing last year's totals.  DeBrincat is a beast!  I hope to god they don't give him the Saad/Panarin treatment in the offseason. Delia just got an extension through 2021-22.  I also still agree they shouldn't have fired Q at all, but I am glad to see the guys finally finding their stride under Colliton.  That at least bodes well for the near future.
    Don't know if you saw my post in the NHL thread, but the Hawks are a career 80-6-5 when Toews & Kane both score.  Include the playoffs and they improve to 86-6-5. That's some impressive stuff!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250
    7 in a row!  Western Conference standings are wild.....Hawks are 4 points out of a playoff spot and also 4 points from last place in the conference.  Will be interesting to see if they buy or sell at the trade deadline.  Don't really think they should be buyers here because it's unlikely that they make a deep playoff run.

At this point they should have just gotten rid of Q in the offseason.  I still don't think they should have fired him at all, but it's clear that Bowman wanted to get rid of him.  They could have had training camp and early in the season to adjust to Colliton's system which is clearly working now.   Instead they fire Q 10 games in and then the Hawks completely sucked for 6 weeks while getting used a new system.
    They've been fun to watch of late, but in no way will they be buyers.  They are just a decent team with a few true stars.  That doesn't win many playoff games.  Taking a loan should only be done for a team that can make it deep.
    Either way, it's been fun to see them play with some heart.  For most of the season they looked like they were just going through the motions.
  • Options
    Nice bounce back win last night after the winning streak ended in Boston on Tuesday.  Kane has 46 points in his last 22 games...he's playing out of his mind right now.
  • Options
    10 years since Kane's Cup winning goal against the Flyers.  That team was incredible.  What an awesome summer that was.
  • Options
    10 years since Kane's Cup winning goal against the Flyers.  That team was incredible.  What an awesome summer that was.
    Yeah, that was so much fun!  I've been digging ESPN replaying a bunch of those old series.  Blows my mind that this one was 10...TEN!!!! years ago!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
  • Options
    Glad to see Hoss get the nod!

• Options
    How about those Hawks?!?  Fell asleep on the couch watching it last night....these 930pm starts are brutal.  Would be nice to close them out tomorrow.
  • Options
    So fun to be able to watch hockey, even with a weirdo season.
    Hawks have fared better than I expected.  Their powerplay is still atrocious.  So much standing around.
    Hope they can keep it up. 
  • Options
    Yikes.  6 games and they still haven't had a lead yet.  Not sure what else Wirtz needs to see to get rid of Bowman and Colliton.
  • Options
    Yikes.  6 games and they still haven't had a lead yet.  Not sure what else Wirtz needs to see to get rid of Bowman and Colliton.
    I've only been able to watch 2 games so far.  There is absolutely no cohesiveness in their play.  Coming into the season, I actually thought there might be a chance that these guys could play and have a decent year (not playoffs or anything).  
    To me, this all comes down to coaching.  There is just something that is really....off.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    mca47 said:
    I've only been able to watch 2 games so far.  There is absolutely no cohesiveness in their play.  Coming into the season, I actually thought there might be a chance that these guys could play and have a decent year (not playoffs or anything).  
    To me, this all comes down to coaching.  There is just something that is really....off.
    Yeah some heads need to roll....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    But it needs to be Bowman and Colliton.  Bowman cannot be anywhere near another coaching hire.  
  • Options
    Bowman is gone at least....

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Bowman is gone at least....
    Sad that it had to happen this way.  What an absolute mess.  McDonough was always a complete scumbag so not surprising at all that he swept this under the rug.  
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Amazing courage. That is a huge weight off of him. 

• Options
    Out of curiosity I looked up what Brad Aldrich has been doing since leaving the Blackhawks.

After leaving Chicago he went to Miami University (OH) and worked with their hockey program. We now know that he sexually assaulted 2  men there in 2012.

he was convicted of 4th degree criminal sexual conduct involving a high school student in MI in 2013. His name is on the sex offender registry there. He served nine months in prison.

He is married and has four children.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    edited October 2021
    Out of curiosity I looked up what Brad Aldrich has been doing since leaving the Blackhawks.

After leaving Chicago he went to Miami University (OH) and worked with their hockey program. We now know that he sexually assaulted 2  men there in 2012.

he was convicted of 4th degree criminal sexual conduct involving a high school student in MI in 2013. His name is on the sex offender registry there. He served nine months in prison.

9 Months.
    Sad that this is our system.
    Some asswipe who likes heroin and only hurts himself gets years.
    Different asswipe who likes sexual interaction with people who are unwilling and potentially underage...totally fucks with their lives for his own sick assed pleasure. He gets 9 months.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    Amazing courage. That is a huge weight off of him. 
    Saw the interview last night.  just heartbreaking that they basically covered this up.  weight might be off but will never fully recover.  And if the stories are true the players were making jokes at his expense in the locker room they are pieces of shit as well.  
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283

9 Months.
    Sad that this is our system.
    Some asswipe who likes heroin and only hurts himself gets years.
    Different asswipe who likes sexual interaction with people who are unwilling and potentially underage...totally fucks with their lives for his own sick assed pleasure. He gets 9 months.

The team gave Aldrich a letter of recommendation after leaving Chicago damn! The panthers should fire the ex-coach of Black Hawks fuck him too ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    edited October 2021
    What is up with Marc Andre Fleury? He's been awful so far! I drafted him in one league and had to drop him, he's got like a 5.50 GAA and 840 save percentage.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    What is up with Marc Andre Fleury? He's been awful so far! I drafted him in one league and had to drop him, he's got like a 5.50 GAA and 840 save percentage.
    No idea....I was surprised Vegas let him go and now I'm surprised he sucks.

• Options
    The whole team is complete garbage especially the defense.  Fleury hasn't been great but he has been getting zero help from his team.
  • Options
    He hasn't played well, but he also hasn't had any help.  I would imagine it has to be incredibly exhausting being in net with this team.