2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Ryan said:
    Ryan said:
    @dimitrispearljam
    But which part is logic? The part about it only being 2/1, meaning there is plenty of time for PJ to announce tour dates? Or the part about getting to see some of the other favorite bands?
    its too early to say pj will not play at all this year
    I think the soonest we get a hint of what Pearl Jam is doing would be in April when Austin City Limits and Voodofest are announced.  Lollapalooza, Outside Lands and Osheaga are also announced in April but with the EV Europe tour, I’d guess there won’t be any PJ shows until the fall.  

Similair timeline to Lightning Bolt may happen - finish record in spring, tour Oct-Dec.
    if april comes and we dont have any infos,we are fucked for 2019
    Just to compare and contrast, I think these were the timelines in 2013/14:
    September 2012 - first rumours of PJ playing Wrigley 
    January 2013 - Wrigley/London, ON announced
    In January or February 2013 someone posted on the board that they saw a notebook left opened at a Soundgarden show by the soundboard that there was a list of east coast USA dates in October and a few west coast dates ending in December in Seattle (this turned out to be mostly true)
    April 2013 - Voodoo Fest in New Orleans announced noted that it would be the last date on a planned tour
    April 2013 - first rumours of holds for the fall tour (I believe Pittsburgh and Dallas)
    July 2013 - tour announced
    December 2013 - holds in a couple cities for May 2014 are posted here (Toronto and St Louis I think).  Tour doesn’t end up getting booked.  It was also heavily rumoured that Pearl Jam was supposed to headline Lollapalooza and ended up pulling out.
    March 2014 - single for Future Days went to radio with note of tour dates to follow
    April 2014 - Austin City Limits festival announced with note more dates to follow
    April or May 2014 - holds leak out for Omaha and maybe another show.
    Late May 2014 - October tour announced 

All that said, I think it’ll still be quiet for a couple months if there’s to be a fall tour.  Anything before that would surprise me unless there’s a one-off like Woodstock with Ed booked June/July and assuming he does Ohana in September.
    Well put. Festival announcement March/April is what I am expecting.
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    edited February 2019
    From an interview Micheal Lang did with Billboard this past weekend:

"Danny Wimmer Presents is doing the booking and I’ve been working with Gary Spivack. We have an incredible production team who are highly experienced in putting together a lot of big festivals around the country. The lineup will be a mix of some of the old bands who are still performing and a lot of new headline talent. Probably more than any other festival's ever had. It'll cross genres from rock to pop, folk and hip hop. It's kind of representative of this idea of engagement and trying to steer toward acts that are heavily involved in social issues. So there's some real gravitas in the performance and we want it to live on beyond the event. It always kind of bugged me that things like Live Aid, which took a tremendous amount of effort and a huge production, just end after the concert is over. So we're trying to make it something that penetrates and engages people into getting involved. We're in a situation where we could lose the planet if we're not careful." 

Sounds like the values of one band we all know and love......

Post edited by SandyRavage on
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    JojoRice said:
    Jbarker said:
    Heavy saturation of NY shows on sat radio. Definite residency being announced...  ;)
    I noticed that too.  Possibly for Woodstock tease? 

Are they playing Buffalo or Toronto shows on xm because Watkins Glen is far from NYC
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    JojoRice said:
    Jbarker said:
    Heavy saturation of NY shows on sat radio. Definite residency being announced...  ;)

Are they playing Buffalo or Toronto shows on xm because Watkins Glen is far from NYC
    Over the weekend they played NYC, Brooklyn, Albany, Buffalo for sure. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • JojoRice said:
    Jbarker said:
    They were doing a NYC residency week special. Played what they deem are the best versions of live songs performed in NYC
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JojoRice said:
    JojoRice said:
    Jbarker said:

Over the weekend they played NYC, Brooklyn, Albany, Buffalo for sure. 
    They sent a notice out a little while ago that once a month they will do a week long radio residency. Started with New York. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    When is the Australian tour???  It's been FIVE years now.   :|

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    E.K said:

I’m starting to give up! :( 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    E.K said:

Where is the US tour, it's been 3 years now ;)
    Listening to last year's Fenway 1. The crowd is off the charts incredible on Release. I wish a certain 5 gents enjoyed it as much as we did!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Listening to last year's Fenway 1. The crowd is off the charts incredible on Release. I wish a certain 5 gents enjoyed it as much as we did!
    Chills! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9xBMEFxuog
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    PJNB said:
    Chills! 

Wow! I knew it was loud inside, but that sound from outside the ballpark is awesome. 
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    I never knew I had such a good voice until I heard this. It was amazing to be there. 
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Another EV Euro Date
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    A slow trickle...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • HH140540HH140540 Atlanta Posts: 498
    edited February 2019
    Barolo would be amazing to visit. It’s on my wish list for the wine/food experience. I guess EV Solo would be a good bonus if the trips aligned.
    Post edited by HH140540 on
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    PJNB said:
    Chills! 

This is amazing. i really wish we could hear the crowd more on the boots, just like this.
    Kearnsy
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    So cool people can save some cash and still enjoy the show. 
    Kearn5y said:
    PJNB said:
    Chills! 

This is amazing. i really wish we could hear the crowd more on the boots, just like this.
    Thanks for putting that clip in. I was floored when someone put that on porch back in Sept

Ive wished many times there was an easy way to get some crowd nose on the boots...

On fenway 1 for Release I definitely hear the crowd, but headphones help. 
  • Listening to last year's Fenway 1. The crowd is off the charts incredible on Release. I wish a certain 5 gents enjoyed it as much as we did!
    This was amazing. The crowd was ready. Too bad they killed the momentum with Low Light. Still a great show. 
    edited February 2019
    This was amazing. The crowd was ready. Too bad they killed the momentum with Low Light. Still a great show. 
    I agree especially since Low Light was played at  Fenway in 2016 early in the show as well as. It was also played in Worcester so the last 3 MA tours had it. I enjoy the song but it is busted out way too often lately. 

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    PJNB said:
    I agree especially since Low Light was played at  Fenway in 2016 early in the show as well as. It was also played in Worcester so the last 3 MA tours had it. I enjoy the song but it is busted out way too often lately. 

100% agree. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:

100% agree. 

2016 Fenway IIRC the sunsets were much later that year and there was actual low light when the song was played? I couldn't make the trip up that year but was watching on Periscope.

I recall the late day sunlight and that song really hit the mood just right. But in 2018 it was pitch black when they walked on stage.
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:

100% agree. 

2016 Fenway IIRC the sunsets were much later that year and there was actual low light when the song was played? I couldn't make the trip up that year but was watching on Periscope.

I recall the late day sunlight and that song really hit the mood just right. But in 2018 it was pitch black when they walked on stage.
    Ya there was one month difference and last year they came out over 30 minutes later on top of that. I forgot how long of a wait we had for those shows. 
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    edited February 2019
    Yep having the show start with the sun setting on the ballpark was a unique experience. Wished they could have done it again last year. Wasn't Mike sick though?
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
    Mike D88 said:
    Yep having the show start with the sun setting on the ballpark was a unique experience. Wished they could have done it again last year. Wasn't Mike sick though?

His guitar playing definitely was.
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    I’m not sure if this has been discussed in this post as it’s now too long for me to read in it’s entirety  but Inforoo forum is discussing Beyoncé, Dead and Company and Pearl Jam as being the three headliners for the Lang Woodstock. I’d go to the Bethel Woods “Woodstock” if PJ did that one instead just because the crowd would be smaller but the bigger one is getting more hype on that forum. 
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
    edited February 2019
    dlymnfld said:
    I’m not sure if this has been discussed in this post as it’s now too long for me to read in it’s entirety  but Inforoo forum is discussing Beyoncé, Dead and Company and Pearl Jam as being the three headliners for the Lang Woodstock. I’d go to the Bethel Woods “Woodstock” if PJ did that one instead just because the crowd would be smaller but the bigger one is getting more hype on that forum. 
    I did not know that forum existed thanks! Any idea where that rumour came from there? Seems to be some weight to it as a couple people here think that it is going to happen or at least in the plans. 

Edit: I see it now looks like a forum member talking to a promoter. Could go either way. 

Also I see some people do not like Pearl Jam on that site. Lets get em!

Post edited by PJNB on
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    edited February 2019
    PJNB said:
    dlymnfld said:
    I did not know that forum existed thanks! Any idea where that rumour came from there? Seems to be some weight to it as a couple people here think that it is going to happen or at least in the plans. 

Edit: I see it now looks like a forum member talking to a promoter. Could go either way. 

Yeah no legitimate source on PJ but apparently the Beyoncé “rumor” has been from multiple sources and a radio station in Philly and Lang was seen at getaway Dead concert somewhere south? So I maybe am reading too much into it but I’ve got good info from that forum in the past. Also, don’t take much stake in the musical tastes on that forum as it seems most enjoy EDM and the more “eclectic” genres. I just like it for the festival rumors. 
    Post edited by dlymnfld on
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • dlymnfld said:
    PJNB said:
    dlymnfld said:

Yeah no legitimate source on PJ but apparently the Beyoncé “rumor” has been from multiple sources and a radio station in Philly and Lang was seen at getaway Dead concert somewhere south? So I maybe am reading too much into it but I’ve got good info from that forum in the past. Also, don’t take much stake in the musical tastes on that forum as it seems most enjoy EDM and the more “eclectic” genres. I just like it for the festival rumors. 
    It's a very legitimate site for all things festivals. There are some insiders that post rumors for Bonnaroo. That usually land at Roo. This rumor is good scenario for Woodstock.  As I said before, Bonnaroo 2016 was a great festival. It had 40000 Heads and Jammers all together.  It limited the EDM tweakers away from the fest.