Options

Why Doesn’t Eddie Tour the US Anymore ???

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Maybe its all the request yelling during the quiet parts of the shows.  

We need Eddie to hit the real music cities in America —- Austin, NOLA, Nashville.   That’s all we need.  
    Yeah, a bunch of damn grown men yelling "EDDIIIEEEEEEE!!" like a 13 year old girl at an N Sync concert.  Like stfu assholes no one is here for you!  #ThievesOfSilence
    Grown women too. At Pilgrimage in 17 some woman kept yelling for him to play Dirty Frank. Lol. You’re at a damn EV concert yelling for Dirty Frank every 30 seconds...c’mon. Eddie even referenced her as the “dirty frank bitch.” It was awesome. 
    I remember at wrigley 2 last year you kept yelling for a cover of mmmmmmm bop. 
    I was mad he didn’t hear me. I even had a sign but it got ruined in the rain! 
    Yeah too bad is right.  I remember the other side was a request for more than words by extreme.  That would have been truly epic.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    edited February 2019
    Irish and  Dutch are the coolest in europe
    pearl Jam fans should be better than keeping people inside borders. Fuck countries. 

People who's grown up with Nintendo, who believe in social democratic ideals and who won't hurt or support the hurting of animals are the coolest people in Europe. 

Regardless of where they were born.

It's not uncommon that these people also think that Bonnie Tylers version of Hide Your Heart is better than both KISS' and Aces.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,362
    Irish and  Dutch are the coolest in europe
    pearl Jam fans should be better than keeping people inside borders. Fuck countries. 

People who's grown up with Nintendo, who believe in social democratic ideals and who won't hurt or support the hurting of animals are the coolest people in Europe. 

Regardless of where they were born.

It's not uncommon that these people also think that Bonnie Tylers version of Hide Your Heart is better than both KISS' and Aces.
    Geez, lighten up, Francis.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,785
    mcgruff10 said:
    cos u guys bitch about everything
    It's not us, it is all the Europeans coming over to see the us shows.  ;)
    Europeans sucks too. Only allien rocks

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655
    edited February 2019

We need Eddie to hit the real music cities in America —- Austin, NOLA, Nashville.   That’s all we need.  
    Yeah, a bunch of damn grown men yelling "EDDIIIEEEEEEE!!" like a 13 year old girl at an N Sync concert.  Like stfu assholes no one is here for you!  #ThievesOfSilence
    I agree this is probably why he doesn't tour North America. I've heard a bunch of boots from his past American shows and they are BAD because of the crowd - the idiots in the audience literally ruin the shows - It's intolerable to me, so imagine how EV would feel while up on stage hearing that going on. I wouldn't do it either.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,121
    Man, some people cant Take a joke.. Oh boy.. Haha

Perhaps it's you that can't take the joke ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Didn't he once refer to someone as a thief of silence?  I thought that was remarkable. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:

I agree this is probably why he doesn't tour North America. I've heard a bunch of boots from his past American shows and they are BAD because of the crowd - the idiots in the audience literally ruin the shows - It's intolerable to me, so imagine how EV would feel while up on stage hearing that going on. I wouldn't do it either.
    There are idiots all over the world. And even if he tours outside of North America there are people from North America who are going to get tickets and travel to the shows and possibly be idiots. I hate the thieves of silence but I'm not one of them so why should I be punished.  Don't allow drunk idiots into the show if you want it to be reasonably safe from assholery.. 

I've never seen EV solo so when people talk about 'the same old show he's been doing', that doesn't matter to me because I've never seen it. 

It would be nice to see a North American artist tour North America . Since I joined the club (2014), he has toured Europe and South America, i,t seems, a lot  And Ohana fest is further than Europe. 

It stinks that you have to be well off in order to get yourself to an EV show What happened to concern about the person who couldn't afford ticketmaster prices? You think that a plane ride and hotel stay is possible for us losers?i

I didn't see many concerts during the 'great years of touring' as I was raising a child alone - an excuse brought up for their lack of touring and album production all the time. But they have partners, and money.  

I'm close to many major cities so it isn't my reluctance to travel - just not able to do so in the areas he chooses to perform.  

I love Pearl Jam & I love Eddie Vedder - and I am just sad that I will probably never get to see EV live even though he is an active touring musician. 

Peace :peace:
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, but I've heard the boots. The crowds really are way worse at the American shows. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all anywhere else. It's just way worse in the US. I would also like to see EV solo. I never have either. But I would very much appreciate it if he mixed it up now. I've heard a ton of his solo stuff, so would very much like to see him on stage with new material (surely there is no one who doesn't want Eddie to work on some new solo material (doesn't have to be on the uke! I hope it's not, if it ever happens, although I like Uke Songs. I just want something fresh). 

As for ticket prices.... Yeah, for most of my favorite artists that is a HUGE problem, and really restricts me. But once in a rare while I will just throw money at a single ticket for something I feel I NEED to see, normally because I figure if I don't, I never will get another chance (right now that's Paul McCartney for me, and his upcoming tour. Elton John's final tour too, but I've chosen Paul over Elton. Can't afford both, which hurts a whole lot - my chance to ever see Elton live is officially dead).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,121
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:

There are idiots all over the world. And even if he tours outside of North America there are people from North America who are going to get tickets and travel to the shows and possibly be idiots. I hate the thieves of silence but I'm not one of them so why should I be punished.  Don't allow drunk idiots into the show if you want it to be reasonably safe from assholery.. 

I've never seen EV solo so when people talk about 'the same old show he's been doing', that doesn't matter to me because I've never seen it. 

It would be nice to see a North American artist tour North America . Since I joined the club (2014), he has toured Europe and South America, i,t seems, a lot  And Ohana fest is further than Europe. 

It stinks that you have to be well off in order to get yourself to an EV show What happened to concern about the person who couldn't afford ticketmaster prices? You think that a plane ride and hotel stay is possible for us losers?i

I didn't see many concerts during the 'great years of touring' as I was raising a child alone - an excuse brought up for their lack of touring and album production all the time. But they have partners, and money.  

I'm close to many major cities so it isn't my reluctance to travel - just not able to do so in the areas he chooses to perform.  

I love Pearl Jam & I love Eddie Vedder - and I am just sad that I will probably never get to see EV live even though he is an active touring musician. 

Yeah, as always he can do what he wants and I think he tours where he wants to vs touring where the fans want him (it's a change as musicians get older and get $).

I've seen Vedder 4x I think...I love his shows...even the formula.  I hope you get to see him, I find it to be an amazing experience.  I still hope he finished an album with the band before this summer vacation with his family...er....tour.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, as always he can do what he wants and I think he tours where he wants to vs touring where the fans want him (it's a change as musicians get older and get $).

I've seen Vedder 4x I think...I love his shows...even the formula.  I hope you get to see him, I find it to be an amazing experience.  I still hope he finished an album with the band before this summer vacation with his family...er....tour.
    lol

I would love to see him at least once - I think the whole zen acoustic folk type vibe is very appealing and would love to experience it.

As always - of course he can do, as PJ can do, whatever they wish. And as a fan I can pine for a Northeast EV concert some day. 

They do, we pine.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, but I've heard the boots. The crowds really are way worse at the American shows. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all anywhere else. It's just way worse in the US. I would also like to see EV solo. I never have either. But I would very much appreciate it if he mixed it up now. I've heard a ton of his solo stuff, so would very much like to see him on stage with new material (surely there is no one who doesn't want Eddie to work on some new solo material (doesn't have to be on the uke! I hope it's not, if it ever happens, although I like Uke Songs. I just want something fresh). 

As for ticket prices.... Yeah, for most of my favorite artists that is a HUGE problem, and really restricts me. But once in a rare while I will just throw money at a single ticket for something I feel I NEED to see, normally because I figure if I don't, I never will get another chance (right now that's Paul McCartney for me, and his upcoming tour. Elton John's final tour too, but I've chosen Paul over Elton. Can't afford both, which hurts a whole lot - my chance to ever see Elton live is officially dead).
    Maybe he'll do an accordion based solo album this time. /s

I have and will pay exorbitant prices (well charge them) for a concert that is a must see. It's when  travel and hotels and passports become involved that I just stop paying much attention to where and when. I actually don't even own a passport. 
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 339
    i'm sure those festivals are gonna be nice and quiet...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    my_wave said:
    i'm sure those festivals are gonna be nice and quiet...
    lol
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Maybe he'll do an accordion based solo album this time. /s

I have and will pay exorbitant prices (well charge them) for a concert that is a must see. It's when  travel and hotels and passports become involved that I just stop paying much attention to where and when. I actually don't even own a passport. 
    Yeah, I think I'm done with any travel for concerts (I've barely done that anyway - only a few times). I can't afford that anymore. Not with the cost of living being what it is where I live. I'm having to cut way down on concerts in my hometown because of it too, and sacrificing for the tix I do get, so travelling for shows isn't even crossing my mind at this point TBH.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Entertainment is for rich people.  The rest of us get to sit at home and watch shows about rich people being entertained.  Yaaayyyy....
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    I would love it if he went with the Neil Young model of a subscription service and live stream shows for subscribers.  He could just sit in his home studio and play shows a couple times a week; no screamers, no TicketMaster, no security issues, no family issues. 
    Just take my credit card.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    3 question marks lol OK i'm in  :)
    how was the crowd in ohana? loud? did they yell for dirty frank or bugs? just curious
    yes people yell at quiet rock concerts and especially for huge rock gods trying to do pin drop quiet songs ALL night long lol
    lay down the uke ed. plug in for the who. surely that london gig isn't uke...
    and for sure put out a new rock record with the guitar up front. there is room for both pj and ed in the rock world.
    i just don't see how/why he is playing bigger arenas this tour and yet he wants it to be quiet...it just makes no sense to me
    something is up with this tour. this is my hope. surely it can't be more of the same?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,163
    Because he doesn't like certain philosophies in certain regions of the country?
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593
    Because he doesn't like certain philosophies in certain regions of the country?
    Yeah, I would love to see Eddie solo, but he has not played a single solo show in NC... closest is about 4 hours to DC or 6 hours to Atlanta, and timing and circumstances  have not worked out. - - I hope Eddie and/or the band make it back to NC one day!
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    Entertainment is for rich people.  The rest of us get to sit at home and watch shows about rich people being entertained.  Yaaayyyy....
    Damn, apt but depressing.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    I've seen one Eddie solo show.   The first Vancouver show in 2008.   It was pretty damn good.  Even with the heckling, it was a great show.   I'd go again if he did one in Vancouver or Seattle.
  • Options
    That about sums it up. And at a time when entertainment is needed SO much. 

At least I don't feel alone. 
  • Options

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    edited February 2019
    njnancy said:
    That about sums it up. And at a time when entertainment is needed SO much. 

At least I don't feel alone. 
    Try to go see small bands. Much cheaper and less stressful. I started making a conscious effort last couple years and it's been great. 
    Hang in there. Stressful times. 
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I remember the last time I saw EV in a theater in the US (2012?). He mentioned that he was out scouting cities for the band, and mentioned that he'd probably be touring with the band soon. He said that he heard people preferred PJ shows over his solo shows. It was also a night filled with unrelenting Pearl Jam song requests.

I wonder if that's why he's stayed away from another US solo tour. People complain, and behave rudely. 

I always saw his solo shows as something different, and not just a collection of stripped down Pearl Jam songs. Nothing wrong with some of those, but I enjoy hearing Into The Wild and Uke Songs too. I also dig hearing rare stuff and covers. How often do you get to hear EV perform "Hurt" or "Satellite"? Or play the mandolin? Or the banjo? The solo shows are special.
  • Options
    I would specifically NOT want any PJ songs at an EV show. That's why I wish he'd make a new solo album. I think of his solo work and PJ as two completely separate things (which is why I was horrified by SBM being on LB, lol, and hope he never does something like that again).
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    It seems like him and his family like to visit Italy in the summers. Can't say i blame them...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    It seems like him and his family like to visit Italy in the summers. Can't say i blame them...
    That was where it all started so I guess it is special to them. It is nice to find an area that draws you back to enjoy your private time. 

Just wish that touring was not tied to private life. 
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    I don't know what's going on.  People here want to discuss what's up with Ed.
    We are just floating out here wondering what the hell is going on.
    I have a few theories, he's the only member of the band that can sing.  Great bands often have multiple lead singing roles Pete and Rodger, for The Who,  Jerry and Bob, fot The Dead, Mike Mills and Michael Stipe REM, Rodger Waters & David Gilmour for Floyd obviously.  There is something obviously out of whack with PJ.
    Yeah Eddie is not happy about something or most likely Eddie ain't happy about alot of things.