Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• donravendonraven Posts: 137
    Please reconsider the decision of doing away with the annual vinyl single.  The band loves vinyl, many of us longtime die hard fans love vinyl, and look forward to Pearl Jam on vinyl.  Its sad to see it be discontinued!
    +1. Yes, please reconsider!
    Boston, MA - Sept 28, 2004
    Halifax, NS - Sept 22, 2005
    Toronto, ON - August 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON - Sept 11, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Sept 12, 2011
    London, ON - July 16, 2013
    Boston, MA - Aug 7, 2016
  • In the spirit of letting my voice be heard - I have been a member for 17 years.  I am a member for two reasons - good tickets and Christmas singles.  As much as I love Pearl Jam and always will, it is not worth the 20 dollars a year for even digital for me to get no Christmas single and wait 3-5 years for them to come to my town.  I would pay $100 extra for good seats.  As we get older, I'm fine with any seat to see PJ.  I'd rather save the money for the many other expenses.
    'And his loneliness is proof'
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited January 2019
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Annr95 said:
    The Ten Club floor split needs to really be at all shows, not just some of them. As good as Krakow was, I think it could have been even better with the TC-only area at the front. Compare that with the Italy shows (I know they were stadiums, but still). Thanks!
    Krakow was actually dangerous in the front of the pit for those of us who are not six foot tall men who want to run into each other. We headed to the back, where there was not much space, pretty quickly after it started to get rough and one in our group took an elbow to the stomach. It seems that the floor was quite oversold with the front being so tight and no places with some space anywhere else on the floor.
    The Krakow pit was rough cause of the many drunk Polish people, not 10C members..
    I had a few words with the Justin Bieber wannabe beside me and he mellowed out.
    That pit was really nothing compared to the Buenos Aires, Santiago or Trieste shows I’ve been to. It was tame on Stone’s side for the most part.
    Buenos Aires was more safe for me and i was deep in the pit..Krakow was full of assholes who didn't respect anyone around..
    We the Argentine people, and I speak in general, don't care about safety, boundaries or personal space, we arrive at any time, we don't care about those who came earlier, we jump the queue outside, we push our way towards the raíl, we go totally insane if the song we like gets played and push forward more violently, some of us remain atte the back but still throw punches or kicks if the song drives us to: this is not how I roll but this is our behaviour, fortunately selling alcohol in concerts is against the law...

I also had a comfy experience in La Plata in 2015, we were lucky yo he sorrounded by civilized people that day, if you listen to the boot you can hear Eddie compliment the audience for their good behaviour but I know some people had a hard time in the GA
    Post edited by javis el errante on
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Annr95 said:
    The Ten Club floor split needs to really be at all shows, not just some of them. As good as Krakow was, I think it could have been even better with the TC-only area at the front. Compare that with the Italy shows (I know they were stadiums, but still). Thanks!
    Krakow was actually dangerous in the front of the pit for those of us who are not six foot tall men who want to run into each other. We headed to the back, where there was not much space, pretty quickly after it started to get rough and one in our group took an elbow to the stomach. It seems that the floor was quite oversold with the front being so tight and no places with some space anywhere else on the floor.
    The Krakow pit was rough cause of the many drunk Polish people, not 10C members..
    I had a few words with the Justin Bieber wannabe beside me and he mellowed out.
    That pit was really nothing compared to the Buenos Aires, Santiago or Trieste shows I’ve been to. It was tame on Stone’s side for the most part.
    Buenos Aires was more safe for me and i was deep in the pit..Krakow was full of assholes who didn't respect anyone around..
    We the Argentine people, and I speak in general, don't care about safety, boundaries or personal space, we arrive at any time, we don't care about those who came earlier, we jump the queue outside, we push our way towards the raíl, we go totally insane if the song we like gets played and push forward more violently, some of us remain atte the back but still throw punches or kicks if the song drives us to: this is not how I roll but this is our behaviour, fortunately selling alcohol in concerts is against the law...

I also had a comfy experience in La Plata in 2015, we were lucky yo he sorrounded by civilized people that day, if you listen to the boot you can hear Eddie compliment the audience for their good behaviour but I know some people had a hard time in the GA
    I had no issues in La Plata '15 Javis, very friendly people around me and the security guys, they knew their work..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Please reconsider the decision of doing away with the annual vinyl single.  The band loves vinyl, many of us longtime die hard fans love vinyl, and look forward to Pearl Jam on vinyl.  Its sad to see it be discontinued!

• treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,799
    edited January 2019
    When will the 2018 boxsets come up so i can listen to the shows ,i didnt buy them on the sale because  if i  did that i would have two of everything and money wasted ,why  would i . buy the boxset ? because why buy single cd s and the boxset ,? why Do They DO THIS ???????????? 
    Post edited by trees on

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Please do not cancel the Analog single from 10 club.  It was the best part about 10 club. 
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 4
    Hope this is the correct place for this.......and I’m sure I’ll probably take some criticism for this as well!

i love PJ. I live and breath them every single day......but, at last years London shows, both of them, I have some constructive criticism which I think is justified and I want to share.

Firstly. Venue. Horrible. Just horrible. Acoustics were hit and miss all over the venue. I had friends up high, down low, up the front, down the back and everyone reported different sound quality from the same show. On more than one occasion the quality was nothing but “white noise”, including in the acoustic set. Also, location of the O2, is fine if you live in central London, but is pretty much the worst place in the world to get to if you live outside of it. Perhaps something PJ would consider doing differently in the future. 

And on that note of the London gig. Which was the only location in the UK of the European tour 18. Should not be called a UK tour.
    There are three other countries in the U.K. England is not the only one. I understand that this may be where they will get the biggest crowds etc but at least do another gig somewhere else in the U.K. I was at the one and only Belfast show years ago, sold out, amazing show, just a suggestion. But what really upset me about these gigs, was when the band thanked “England”, not the UK. A simple error? Maybe. Factually correct? Yes, the gig was in England. Politically correct? Definitely not.

For a band that prides itself on being politically aware, I found this a little ignorant. And a little part of my romantic love for PJ died at the same time. As much as that upsets me to say. It made me feel for the first time as a “live and breath” fan, that the band didn’t care about me anymore. A fantasy I know, but I know there are many of you on here that feel the same way about them as I do, or did.

I took my Mum to the second London gig. Twice. She flew over from Dublin at great expense to see a band she has loved ever since they started, but she had never seen, and she prides herself on telling everyone that she is the reason that I am such a huge fan....she introduced me to them in our lounge room at home. Arguably she is right, but I never let her know that!

After what was for me an epic set list and gig, allowing for the sound quality! I was more than shocked to hear my mums opinion. She immediately asked me who was Eddie constantly singing and directing everything to at the front of the stage? I was somewhat bewildered, being very used to the TC fans who line up for their preferred area of stage frontage (something that I would love to be part of sometime, but invariably can’t afford the time to line up for as long as needed). I told her who was generally at the front. She responded that she was made to feel as though she wasn’t even there as a result of EV, SG, and MM’s dealings with those in the front few rows of the gig. And that made me think about that. And I have to say that when I look back and listen back, to the many videos and bootlegs I own, there is a tendency, for the band to do this a little too much, I’m starting to think.

just because I’m not at the front doesn’t make me any less of a fan. In fact I could have gone to more shows on a single tour than anyone up there for all they know. I completely get that PJ can’t pander to the masses. But perhaps something needs to be done slightly differently or they may be at risk of alienating some of their fan base. I don’t entirely agree with my mum, but what her opinion did do, was made me open my eyes a little, and see the band with slightly less rose tinted glasses on. Slightly.

Sorry for for the long post but this has been on my mind for a while. If anyone from the band ever wants to chat (LOL) , you know where to find me. Thanks for reading. Laters.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    bobbyb said:
    Hope this is the correct place for this.......and I’m sure I’ll probably take some criticism for this as well!

i love PJ. I live and breath them every single day......but, at last years London shows, both of them, I have some constructive criticism which I think is justified and I want to share.

Firstly. Venue. Horrible. Just horrible. Acoustics were hit and miss all over the venue. I had friends up high, down low, up the front, down the back and everyone reported different sound quality from the same show. On more than one occasion the quality was nothing but “white noise”, including in the acoustic set. Also, location of the O2, is fine if you live in central London, but is pretty much the worst place in the world to get to if you live outside of it. Perhaps something PJ would consider doing differently in the future. 

And on that note of the London gig. Which was the only location in the UK of the European tour 18. Should not be called a UK tour.
    There are three other countries in the U.K. England is not the only one. I understand that this may be where they will get the biggest crowds etc but at least do another gig somewhere else in the U.K. I was at the one and only Belfast show years ago, sold out, amazing show, just a suggestion. But what really upset me about these gigs, was when the band thanked “England”, not the UK. A simple error? Maybe. Factually correct? Yes, the gig was in England. Politically correct? Definitely not.

For a band that prides itself on being politically aware, I found this a little ignorant. And a little part of my romantic love for PJ died at the same time. As much as that upsets me to say. It made me feel for the first time as a “live and breath” fan, that the band didn’t care about me anymore. A fantasy I know, but I know there are many of you on here that feel the same way about them as I do, or did.

I took my Mum to the second London gig. Twice. She flew over from Dublin at great expense to see a band she has loved ever since they started, but she had never seen, and she prides herself on telling everyone that she is the reason that I am such a huge fan....she introduced me to them in our lounge room at home. Arguably she is right, but I never let her know that!

After what was for me an epic set list and gig, allowing for the sound quality! I was more than shocked to hear my mums opinion. She immediately asked me who was Eddie constantly singing and directing everything to at the front of the stage? I was somewhat bewildered, being very used to the TC fans who line up for their preferred area of stage frontage (something that I would love to be part of sometime, but invariably can’t afford the time to line up for as long as needed). I told her who was generally at the front. She responded that she was made to feel as though she wasn’t even there as a result of EV, SG, and MM’s dealings with those in the front few rows of the gig. And that made me think about that. And I have to say that when I look back and listen back, to the many videos and bootlegs I own, there is a tendency, for the band to do this a little too much, I’m starting to think.

just because I’m not at the front doesn’t make me any less of a fan. In fact I could have gone to more shows on a single tour than anyone up there for all they know. I completely get that PJ can’t pander to the masses. But perhaps something needs to be done slightly differently or they may be at risk of alienating some of their fan base. I don’t entirely agree with my mum, but what her opinion did do, was made me open my eyes a little, and see the band with slightly less rose tinted glasses on. Slightly.

Sorry for for the long post but this has been on my mind for a while. If anyone from the band ever wants to chat (LOL) , you know where to find me. Thanks for reading. Laters.
    they played one show in the UK, so it makes sense they'd thank the UK, knowing fans from all over the UK, not just England, were there. They were trying to be inclusive is my guess, which is an interesting complaint, given your other issue of them not being inclusive of all the fans. 

when they have played Winnpeg, he often refers to the crowd as "Canada". doesn't bother me in the least. 

most bands interact with the crowd as a whole, but no one specifically. but Ed likes to interact with actual humans it seems at short spurts in the set, not with an anonymous mass crow the entire time. and he can only do that with the front few rows. why? because they literally can't see anyone else. Until Ed asks for the house lights to come up. I've been on stage. You can't see farther than 5 feet in front of it. And you don't want to have lights behind you facing the crowd too much, as that blinds them and they can't see anything. 

I've never been close to front row for PJ, and I also have no problem with this. I say "lucky for those bladder bags at the front". 

I've heard the O2 has terrible sound, though. that would suck. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    ^^^ FWIW, I think he did indeed say that he wished they'd thanked the entire UK, not just England. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^ FWIW, I think he did indeed say that he wished they'd thanked the entire UK, not just England. ;)
    yes, I read it the other way. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

When will the 2018 boxsets come up so i can listen to the shows ,i didnt buy them on the sale because  if i  did that i would have two of everything and money wasted ,why  would i . buy the boxset ? because why buy single cd s and the boxset ,? why Do They DO THIS ???????????? 

PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    I have not received my presale code for the Who/EV show. My membership is current. I was wondering why. 
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Feeling mid-to-upper nineties this morning with a dash of 21st century:
    • The fact that it's been 21 years since Yield's release made me think it's time to revisit the super deluxe box sets idea for '96-'99 (No Code, Live on Two Legs, Yield) and '00-'03 (Binaural, Riot Act, and Lost Dogs); it would be fantastic to dive deeper into Pearl Jam's history with these type of sets
    • The Merkinball single (EP?) was not part of the vinyl re-releases this time around.  If the demand is there, at least a limited re-release on vinyl would be welcomed (IMHO)
    • Consider a Vault release of a Neil Young w/ Pearl Jam Mirror Ball show; I realize record  companies can complicate matters in this instance. Also, it would technically be a Neil Young show, but it's 5 against 1, am I right?  (j/k!) Anyways, I was thinking about how to keep the Vault releases fresh since the allure, for me at least, in purchasing vault sets revolves around unique shows in Pearl Jam's history. The timing is good with Neil Young's forthcoming Mirror Ball documentary, too
    I guess there are plenty of ways for you to take my money right there, ha!  Thanks for listening.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    DH23119 said:
    Feeling mid-to-upper nineties this morning with a dash of 21st century:
    • The fact that it's been 21 years since Yield's release made me think it's time to revisit the super deluxe box sets idea for '96-'99 (No Code, Live on Two Legs, Yield) and '00-'03 (Binaural, Riot Act, and Lost Dogs); it would be fantastic to dive deeper into Pearl Jam's history with these type of sets
    • The Merkinball single (EP?) was not part of the vinyl re-releases this time around.  If the demand is there, at least a limited re-release on vinyl would be welcomed (IMHO)
    • Consider a Vault release of a Neil Young w/ Pearl Jam Mirror Ball show; I realize record  companies can complicate matters in this instance. Also, it would technically be a Neil Young show, but it's 5 against 1, am I right?  (j/k!) Anyways, I was thinking about how to keep the Vault releases fresh since the allure, for me at least, in purchasing vault sets revolves around unique shows in Pearl Jam's history. The timing is good with Neil Young's forthcoming Mirror Ball documentary, too
    I guess there are plenty of ways for you to take my money right there, ha!  Thanks for listening.
    Neil has stated he is planning on releasing a 95 show
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • A re-release of Lost Dogs on Vinyl.
  • SOLAT319 said:
    I have not received my presale code for the Who/EV show. My membership is current. I was wondering why. 
    Some people say it went to a spam folder
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    mbit1237 said:
    A re-release of Lost Dogs on Vinyl.
    Yes please. And Live On Two Legs. 
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    demetrios said:
    mbit1237 said:
    I really need a copy of RVM the greatest hits on vinyl!
  • demetrios said:
    mbit1237 said:
    Jed said:
    demetrios said:
    mbit1237 said:
    I really need a copy of RVM the greatest hits on vinyl!
    I like these requests!
  • rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    DH23119 said:
    I agree with the '96-onwards boxsets, but maybe I've just reached peak "FFS, do something!"
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited March 2019
    I'm not making enough use of my forum privilege as I should, posting and stuff I mean, bear with me... 😎
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

edited April 2019
    I like this boxsets from 90 to the 2000s that didnt get boxsets ,NY Mirroir ball boxsets
     said:
    DH23119 said:
    I agree with the '96-onwards boxsets, but maybe I've just reached peak "FFS, do something!"

Post edited by trees on

PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
  • DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    70$ shipping for vinyl to Europe? WTF? The shipping cost are a disgrace.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • mcreadyfanmcreadyfan Posts: 70
    edited May 2019

I'd just like to mention that the design of the 2018 ANALOG shirt must not have been designed by a woman.  I feel a little like Janet Jackson at the Superbowl --- due to the placement of the red stickman.  I wish that women would help in the design of the t-shirts that are supposed to be unisex.  : )  P..S.  i didn't expect the picture to be so big... but that's kinda how it feels.  lol..  
    Post edited by mcreadyfan on
    LBDeb

Mind your manners!!!!!
    San Diego and LA 2
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2019

I'd just like to mention that the design of the 2018 ANALOG shirt must not have been designed by a woman.  I feel a little like Janet Jackson at the Superbowl --- due to the placement of the red stickman.  I wish that women would help in the design of the t-shirts that are supposed to be unisex.  : )  P..S.  i didn't expect the picture to be so big... but that's kinda how it feels.  lol..  
    I knew this would be an issue the second I saw a photo of that shirt, and I think it's appalling that 10C keeps doing this. This is far from the first time they have designed a shirt that simply makes no sense for anyone with breasts.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

I knew this would be an issue the second I saw a photo of that shirt, and I think it's appalling that 10C keeps doing this. This is far from the first time they have designed a shirt that simply makes no sense for anyone with breasts.
    I recall your comment on this a long time ago, and as soon as I saw this post I thought of you. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    Simply moving it up to the top row would solve this. I love the shirt, tried to black out the red stick man to make it wearable in public, but it’s still stands out like a little stick man pasty.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    PJ_Soul said:

What about man boobs?
    I miss igotid88
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    well, to be fair, they got us all with the deep shirt...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12