PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Malroth said:
    Anyone gonna have som Fredagsmys tomorrow?

Fredagsmys is pretty much the most holy tradition of Sweden. The word origins from two words; “fredag” and “mys”, which roughly translates to Friday and cozy. Every Friday, all Swedes drive by the supermarket to buy ingredients for taco, soda and chips. Then, they all sit down in their sofas with their families or friends and watch telly. Usually, the parents fall asleep after a few glasses of wine or beer while the kids stuff themselves with chips until they have a stomach ache.
    Lets get through Thurdagmys first.
    =)

SC, how did tacos make their way into this revered Swedish practice?
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Malroth said:

Fredagsmys is pretty much the most holy tradition of Sweden. The word origins from two words; “fredag” and “mys”, which roughly translates to Friday and cozy. Every Friday, all Swedes drive by the supermarket to buy ingredients for taco, soda and chips. Then, they all sit down in their sofas with their families or friends and watch telly. Usually, the parents fall asleep after a few glasses of wine or beer while the kids stuff themselves with chips until they have a stomach ache.
    =)

See what happens when you don’t build a wall?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    Yes
    Is Agnes still in North Korea?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    A large percentage of Americans will be celebrating Fredagmys this Sundagmys.

Except for the state of Louisiana...

• Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    PJ_Soul said:
    Malroth said:
    So :confounded:  incel means involuntarily celibate?
    No. Incel means a lot more than that. The word simply comes from that phrase, but it's not simply a word that applies to people who can't get laid. The connotations of the word go much deeper and are much more sinister, and the term does represent what can now be considered a self-identified movement that is essentially a men's hate movement against women (although they hate men who can get laid too). And it is rapidly becoming a terrorist movement as well.
    Shame what it has turned into, as that was not the initial intention.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Malroth said:

=)

If you visit a Swedish family for a weekend, don’t be surprised if they give you tacos for dinner. Don’t mistake it for the Mexican dish with the same name. There are of course several similarities between the Mexican and Swedish versions, but someone from Mexico would probably not agree with the way we are eating it here in Sweden. What we here in Sweden call tacos probably reminds you more of American Tex-Mex. If you consider how popular the dish has been in the last 20 years, then tacos is most likely competing to become the Swedish National Dish.

Tacos were introduced to the Swedish population in 1982. That’s when Old El Paso first attempted to break into the Swedish market. They did not have much success that first time. In 1991 Santa Maria (Nordfalks) joined the race with increased marketing to change the behavior of the Swedes.  The explosion came at the end of the 90’s and beginning of the new millennium. It had taken several years, but the dish had eventually grown into what is today one of the most common weekend meals in Sweden.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,944
    edited February 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    She's back in Sweden and wanted to catch some movie at the Gothenburg International Film Festival. But for whatever reason it didn't happen. 

Maybe beer next week instead.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    She's back in Sweden and wanted to catch some movie at the Gothenburg International Film Festival. But for whatever reason it didn't happen. 

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 
    Ofc it will. Carrying my child, that is what will not happen.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    This thread is a raging dumpster fire

Right?? It is awesome to watch.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 
    I'm saying it won't happen next week. Since you asked her out, you've ignored beer time with her all together (her trip to NK aside). Always finding a reason not to meet with her. I hope you do meet up with her next week though. This thread is in dire need of some fresh Agnes stories!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    No
    This one time, when Agnes was at Band Camp
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 
    What happened with the freaky spa you were supposed to go to?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    I have not read through every page, how bad was SC date with Agnes if it caused her to go to North Korea...lol s/
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 
    I'm saying it won't happen next week. Since you asked her out, you've ignored beer time with her all together (her trip to NK aside). Always finding a reason not to meet with her. I hope you do meet up with her next week though. This thread is in dire need of some fresh Agnes stories!
    Yeah, maybe I've been a bit "gunshy" since then. 

But will find some time to meet her.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,944
    edited February 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 
    She found a ride to the race, so she didn't need to stay in Varberg (where the Lenin spa is located). 

I met her up here in the city afterwards and we went to IKEA.

At IKEA we shared a "Semla":

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 
    She found a ride to the race, so she didn't need to stay in Varberg (where the Lenin spa is located). 

That looks tasty...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 

Creamed buns?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 

Creamed buns?
    The semla – a small, wheat flour bun, flavoured with cardamom and filled with almond paste and whipped cream – has become something of a carb-packed icon in Sweden. The traditions of semla are rooted in fettisdag(Shrove Tuesday, or Fat Tuesday) when the buns were eaten at a last celebratory feast before the Christian fasting period of Lent.
  • Options
    Yes
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 

Creamed buns?
    Creamed buns never made anyone carry anyone else's baby. Just saying. 
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 

Creamed buns?
    Now I have a semla!!!!
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    ed243421 said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 

Creamed buns?
    Now I have a semla!!!!
    You’re welcome. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    No
    ed243421 said:

God I miss smoking.
  • Options
    Yes
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 

Creamed buns?
    The semla – a small, wheat flour bun, flavoured with cardamom and filled with almond paste and whipped cream – has become something of a carb-packed icon in Sweden. The traditions of semla are rooted in fettisdag(Shrove Tuesday, or Fat Tuesday) when the buns were eaten at a last celebratory feast before the Christian fasting period of Lent.
    They look like cream puffs - but the description is a bit more elaborate.

You didn't inform the Agnes thread of this Agnes encounter until now......just sayin'.  
  • Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 

Creamed buns?

You didn't inform the Agnes thread of this Agnes encounter until now......just sayin'.  
    I know, right? Kind of a jerk move. Did we make 1 too many KISS or butt jokes?
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 

Creamed buns?

This wasn't an Agnes encounter. 

This was another person.
  • Options
    Yes
    ed243421 said:

God I miss smoking.
    Uggghhh! God, not me. I am one of those former smokers that smokers hate. I don't look down on anyone who does it, just so long as they don't do it within close proximity of me. 

Does Agnes smoke?
  • Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Also won't happen. 

Creamed buns?

This wasn't an Agnes encounter. 

This was another person.
    This was with Maja?