Pearl Jam limited edition chrome Pono Player

Comments

• sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otl55IVWnoQ Here's a cool video of Neil signing these posters in what looks like a hotel suite. I now understand why my poster arrived in less than mint condition, ha ha. I don't mind, I'm glad to have it!
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    I still love my pono
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    edited January 2019
    KV4053 said:
    I still love my pono
    Me too - use it every day. One of the best purchases I have made.
    After 3 (Edit: It is 4, right? God I am old...) years only issue is the little door protecting the micro sd card fell off - I can cope with that.

High res Tom Waits.... jeez....

Post edited by Kev - Coat and Keys on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    What’s the current best alternative for a quality music player?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    on2legs said:
    What’s the current best alternative for a quality music player?
    I'd go with the Onkyo X1... Hi-rez and streaming

.... But pricey
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Bloody hell how many did he sign, that looks tedious!!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    I have the poster in my portfolio, thinking bout framing it soon... anyone frame theirs? Looking for ideas, the paper def different from standard screen prints

still use my Pono few days a week. Haven’t really added any new music in a while, but I have a ton of good stuff.

i put on headphones , play a lil madden after a ** binger** and enjoy the noticible difference in sound. Good way to decompress after stressful work day... prob should be doing house work...  fuck it

what kind of cable is required to play Pono in your car, anyone know?

P.S. The window reflection in this shot is annoying but it does has UV protective film over it so no damage is being done.
  • would love to get a copy of that poster
    Here's a better photo. You probably can't see it clearly but the mat has a wood grain pattern, adding to the "old-time" look.
    Looks great Shecky

i also went to one f the Carnegie shows... good times
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Cocaine is one hell of a drug
  • vaggar99 said:
    You try crack yet?  That is where it's at!
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    vaggar99 said:
    Yep, smoking it really helps take the edge off.
  • MedozK said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Yep, smoking it really helps take the edge off.
    My man gets it!

Crack is NOT a drug, but a way of life!
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    listening to my pono right now. was a worthy investment for me at least.
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    AndySlash said:
    listening to my pono right now. was a worthy investment for me at least.
    I use mine daily. Have it plugged into a Bose portable speaker and it sounds fantastic. Could care less if it was a failed venture. It works for me.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    edited November 2019
    I was using an old FiiO X3 until recently.   I dropped it too many times and it was getting a bit sketchy.    I was also getting tired of carrying around two devices all the time (the flac/mp3 player and a phone).   I was searching around and LG devices have really good DAC's in them.   My galaxy s8 was going strong and someone told me how instead of using the headphone jack, I could by an adapter for the USB-C port that uses it's own dac.  I bought one and the audio quality is noticeably better.   Enough so that I stopped using the x3.    I think next time I need a phone I'm going to buy an LG because of the high quality dac, but this was a nice stop gap until then.  It seems a shame to me that well have phones in our pockets, and needing a 2nd device shouldn't be necessary, but most phone manufacturers use mediocre DAC's :(
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    Image result for vinyl walkman
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    Zod said:
    I was using an old FiiO X3 until recently.   I dropped it too many times and it was getting a bit sketchy.    I was also getting tired of carrying around two devices all the time (the flac/mp3 player and a phone).   I was searching around and LG devices have really good DAC's in them.   My galaxy s8 was going strong and someone told me how instead of using the headphone jack, I could by an adapter for the USB-C port that uses it's own dac.  I bought one and the audio quality is noticeably better.   Enough so that I stopped using the x3.    I think next time I need a phone I'm going to buy an LG because of the high quality dac, but this was a nice stop gap until then.  It seems a shame to me that well have phones in our pockets, and needing a 2nd device shouldn't be necessary, but most phone manufacturers use mediocre DAC's :(
    What adapter for the usb-c port did you buy?
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Jed said:
    Zod said:
    What adapter for the usb-c port did you buy?

The downside is it had 3 modes.  A, B, and C.  A and B try to add phone functionality at the expense of audio quality.   Mode C is the one with the high sound quality (but can't be used to make phone calls).  It means plugging it into a computer and updating it's firmware :(    It would be better if it came in Mode C out of the box.

still haven't figured out what I need to listen to mine in the car

tried standard aux cable, doesn't seem to work

I have a 2018 car.....weird

But I do listen to my PONO with headphones a few times a month.....it sounds good
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    CROJAM95 said:
    still haven't figured out what I need to listen to mine in the car

tried standard aux cable, doesn't seem to work

I have a 2018 car.....weird

But I do listen to my PONO with headphones a few times a month.....it sounds good

Would it be because your car stereo only plays MP3 or WAV?   If you have FLAC on the PONO it may not work with your car stereo.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    The format wouldn't matter if using an AUX cable. USB connection it would, but not AUX or even BT for that matter.

If it works with headphones, then it should work with an AUX cable. So you've already ruled out the PONO, next step is try a different AUX cable and then (if that is fine) check the connection at the car end.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I use a Sony NWZ-A17 with a 1TB card in it. It works great, but the battery only lasts about an hour these days. YouTube videos make it seem easy enough to swap out, and I'm not dishing out hundreds for a new one, so we'll find out how easy it is.
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Yea, a simple mini jack (3.5mm) cable works fine for me. I use the aux output (not the headphone jack) on the Pono and plug into the aux jack on my stereo. Set the stereo to aux and the tunes come through no problem. I control song selection via Pono and only volume control via stereo.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....