What is your Holy Grail for PJ collecting?

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I would say mine are:

1) Give Way CD
    2) The promo Ten welcome mat
    3) White Backspacer

• CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    Zod said:
    I would say mine are:

1) Give Way CD
    3) White Backspacer

Those must be awesome. I have no clue what 1 & 2 are.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • CP218430 said:
    Zod said:
    I would say mine are:

1) Give Way CD
    3) White Backspacer

I've got all these, lol.
  • CP218430 said:
    Zod said:
    I would say mine are:

1) Give Way CD
    3) White Backspacer

1-Image result for pearl jam give way
     2-Image result for pearl jam welcome mat
  • The 1991 fan club single
    Lost Dogs on vinyl
    1998 Dallas poster
    2/3 these are readily obtainable.

That Dallas 98 you should buy the Mini print that was a postcard from the 1998 tour.

Image result for pearl jam 1998 postcard
    They might be easy to find but they are more than I want to spend.
    These shouldn't go for more than $50 for a set unless the price has skyrocketed?
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    CP218430 said:
    Zod said:
    I would say mine are:

1) Give Way CD
    3) White Backspacer

New grail for me: Tempo's PJ collection. That's a grail, right? I mean there are many items that could be discussed separately, but collectively, they are all his PJ cache. So, yeah, that. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • CP218430 said:
    Zod said:
    I would say mine are:

1) Give Way CD
    3) White Backspacer

New grail for me: Tempo's PJ collection. That's a grail, right? I mean there are many items that could be discussed separately, but collectively, they are all his PJ cache. So, yeah, that. 
    lol.  I have a small museum dedicated to them.

This is old but you can see a bunch of things.  It needs to be updated then go over and look at Paul's collection, @pdalowsky.  He has an amazing collection!
    http://lnx.pjcollectors.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2947
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Paul’s collection is just amazing.  I look at that from time to time for perspective that i’ll never own all of the cool PJ items.... Mostly because Paul owns the only one in existence.  
  • Paul’s collection is just amazing.  I look at that from time to time for perspective that i’ll never own all of the cool PJ items.... Mostly because Paul owns the only one in existence.  
    He is the one we all look up to and would strive to achieve.  Nice guy too.
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    RIAA Sales award (any, but Yield would be most wanted)
    Yield metal sign
    Death to False Metal large shirt
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
    CP218430 said:
    Zod said:
    I would say mine are:

1) Give Way CD
    3) White Backspacer

This is old but you can see a bunch of things.  It needs to be updated then go over and look at Paul's collection, @pdalowsky.  He has an amazing collection!
    Yeah, I guess you're right Chris. Damn that is a lot of shit! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • For me a poster signed by the band, any poster at this stage, but they are always way above my budget. Would love a signed one from their show in Dublin in 2010 but I don't think that even exists!
  • CP218430 said:
    Zod said:
    I would say mine are:

1) Give Way CD
    3) White Backspacer

Yeah, I guess you're right Chris. Damn that is a lot of shit! 
    It's fun to look at stuff too.

Some things are really cool and some other things you'll never ever see again.
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    The 1991 fan club single
    Lost Dogs on vinyl
    1998 Dallas poster
    2/3 these are readily obtainable.

That Dallas 98 you should buy the Mini print that was a postcard from the 1998 tour.

Image result for pearl jam 1998 postcard
    They might be easy to find but they are more than I want to spend.
    These shouldn't go for more than $50 for a set unless the price has skyrocketed?
    I'm not really interested in a mini fold out thing.  I'd want the actual poster to frame.  I'm not dead set on finding the poster, but it is just a piece of PJ memorabilia I'd like to have. I was at the show and the merch situation was a mess.  They were not allowed inside the venue so they were set up in a building across the street and there was basically just a mob of people at the door and I wanted no part of that.
  • Zod said:
    I would say mine are:

1) Give Way CD
    3) White Backspacer

Paul’s collection is just amazing.  I look at that from time to time for perspective that i’ll never own all of the cool PJ items.... Mostly because Paul owns the only one in existence.  
    Which is the only thing in existence?
  • CD15999CD15999 Posts: 92
    I’ve been looking for the VH1 dvd shown on the link below...
    http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=919
  • LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    edited February 2019
    PJ20 Billboard Poster. I got one on the online sale, and then they emailed that they had oversold and my money was refunded. I was at the shows and was excited that they were making the mural into a poster. The other one is the 1998 Chicago poster that is a lot of people's grail. I was at the Alpine and Chicago shows that year, so I really wish I would have known then what I know now! 

Another funny story is that I had the Give Way promo in my hand at Best Buy when it came out, and then an employee came up in the mayhem and told us those were not allowed to give those out and took the whole lot of them away.
    Post edited by Ledbetterdays on
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    98 Ames MSG - East Rutherford poster.  Damn thing has been evading me for 21 years!
    If americanframe ever comes through with my shipment i’ll be posting two of my finally-acquired-grails shortly...
    So, as previously mentioned, my personal grail is to have Ed sign my Game 7 ticket stub.

I have since come up with a small list of PJ items that I do think would be pretty cool to have. The specialized albums and CD's just don't do it for me really. A sealed Benny or Lost Dogs? Meh, no need for me. Reeenk Roink? I'll be just fine without. The grail stuff for me? Either too rare or I'm too cheap to buy it.

1998 Chicago poster
    2014 Milwaukee poster
    Ten promotional basketball hoop w/ ball
    Vitalogy Jack Daniels tin w/ bottles
    Band signed guitar (or EV uke w/ hand written lyrics)

• So, as previously mentioned, my personal grail is to have Ed sign my Game 7 ticket stub.

I have since come up with a small list of PJ items that I do think would be pretty cool to have. The specialized albums and CD's just don't do it for me really. A sealed Benny or Lost Dogs? Meh, no need for me. Reeenk Roink? I'll be just fine without. The grail stuff for me? Either too rare or I'm too cheap to buy it.

1998 Chicago poster
    2014 Milwaukee poster
    Ten promotional basketball hoop w/ ball
    Vitalogy Jack Daniels tin w/ bottles
    Band signed guitar (or EV uke w/ hand written lyrics)

I used to want these until they started doing fanmade ones...

The hoop and backboard are cool as hell too!

I am surprised you would want one, as I didn't take you for much of a drinker. =)

I guess the bottles would be easy enough to fabricate, figured it would be difficult to replicate the tin however. 

Having a fully signed item is really cool.  I have various things signed by 1 member but i only have one item signed by the entire band.  
  • Having a fully signed item is really cool.  I have various things signed by 1 member but i only have one item signed by the entire band.  
    Unless I am there to witness the band sign my item I don't want one considering the amount of fakes out there.
    edited February 2019
    Having a fully signed item is really cool.  I have various things signed by 1 member but i only have one item signed by the entire band.  
    Unless I am there to witness the band sign my item I don't want one considering the amount of fakes out there.
    Everything i have signed was promoted/advertised/linked/sold from or by pearl jam.   I trust them lol

There’s a lot of fakes on the secondary market but at the same time theres cases when you can trust.  You trust the seller because you know them and you know they won that charity auction or met the band, it definitely looks legit. Etc.   i’ve seen a lot of fakes tho.  Restaurants that have signed PJ items that obviously came from somewhere else. 
  • Having a fully signed item is really cool.  I have various things signed by 1 member but i only have one item signed by the entire band.  
    Everything i have signed was promoted/advertised/linked/sold from or by pearl jam.   I trust them lol

There’s a lot of fakes on the secondary market but at the same time theres cases when you can trust.  You trust the seller because you know them and you know they won that charity auction or met the band, it definitely looks legit. Etc.   i’ve seen a lot of fakes tho.  Restaurants that have signed PJ items that obviously came from somewhere else. 
    I'm big into Sports cards so fakes are a huge mess hence my discretion.

I have a really cool soundgarden fully signed poster. From the gig in person. It's one of my most precious things.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    edited February 2019
    A really copy of the Mommason Tape.
    Post edited by pjpjpaul on
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    I have Eddie's Corona bottle he gave me in Greenville after I motioned to him that I was thirsty after the show. He opened it took a swig and gave it to me. That's about as Grail as I'll get I guess. "Take a bottle drink it down...Pass it around..." Would be cool to get one of the wine/gatorade bottles from a show too. The funny thing is I don't really drink.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    I have a really cool soundgarden fully signed poster. From the gig in person. It's one of my most precious things.
    Can you post a pic of this, please?