NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    PJ_Soul said:
    The Bundy Tapes doc reminded me that his execution - the sickos who partied outside on his execution, to be precise - is what triggered my lifelong opposition to the death penalty. I was only about 13 when it happened, but I vividly remember the disgust I felt about the sentiment being expressed by all those drunk partying freaks who waved signs and set off fireworks who I watched on TV. It really enlightened me when it came to the human darkness and grossness that lurks behind capital punishment.

It is a pretty good documentary btw. Not unique or anything, bit interesting enough.
    I watched it and thought it was pretty good.  I had read Ann Rule's book years ago and forgot that Bundy had escaped twice.  Sad that after his first escape he committed more murders.

The celebrating didn't bother me too much. Dude was a monster.  My death penalty beliefs have evolved a little....I still support it mostly as a means of victims rights.  I do think it should be reserved for those who request it or where the evidence is overwhelming so that innocent people don't get sentenced to death.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    The Bundy Tapes doc reminded me that his execution - the sickos who partied outside on his execution, to be precise - is what triggered my lifelong opposition to the death penalty. I was only about 13 when it happened, but I vividly remember the disgust I felt about the sentiment being expressed by all those drunk partying freaks who waved signs and set off fireworks who I watched on TV. It really enlightened me when it came to the human darkness and grossness that lurks behind capital punishment.

It is a pretty good documentary btw. Not unique or anything, bit interesting enough.
    I watched it and thought it was pretty good.  I had read Ann Rule's book years ago and forgot that Bundy had escaped twice.  Sad that after his first escape he committed more murders.

The celebrating didn't bother me too much. Dude was a monster.  My death penalty beliefs have evolved a little....I still support it mostly as a means of victims rights.  I do think it should be reserved for those who request it or where the evidence is overwhelming so that innocent people don't get sentenced to death.  
    Yeah, the celebrating literally makes me sick to my stomach. I mean, yes, Bundy was a monster... But he was a sociopathic serial killer with a diagnosed mental illness. So wtf is the excuse for the people celebrating an execution as though it's the 4th of July like a bunch of sickos???
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    hedonist said:
    I'm fascinated with Bundy himself - the stark difference between the persona shown and the one who committed those monstrosities.  I watched a bit of the first episode but found it unfulfilling (probably not the appropriate word), My paperback of The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule was more interesting.

I'm now about 20 minutes into Polar with Mads Mikkelson.  Fun watch and well-made so far.

(and by the way, Io blew big-time)

I think the problem with documentaries like this is that there are zero surprises. We already knew everything there is to know about Bundy. I suppose for those who didn't already know all about him, this doc would be a lot more interesting.
    What I'm really looking forward to is this upcoming Bundy movie starring Zac Efron. It looks really good!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, the celebrating literally makes me sick to my stomach. I mean, yes, Bundy was a monster... But he was a sociopathic serial killer with a diagnosed mental illness. So wtf is the excuse for the people celebrating an execution as though it's the 4th of July like a bunch of sickos???
    It’s FLA. 
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It’s FLA. 
    :lol: True.
    But it's not the only time it's been done. It just happened to be the first time I actually saw it on TV. It's been repeated many times since, in various states.
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:
    I'm fascinated with Bundy himself - the stark difference between the persona shown and the one who committed those monstrosities.  I watched a bit of the first episode but found it unfulfilling (probably not the appropriate word), My paperback of The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule was more interesting.

I'm now about 20 minutes into Polar with Mads Mikkelson.  Fun watch and well-made so far.

I think the problem with documentaries like this is that there are zero surprises. We already knew everything there is to know about Bundy. I suppose for those who didn't already know all about him, this doc would be a lot more interesting.
    What I'm really looking forward to is this upcoming Bundy movie starring Zac Efron. It looks really good!
    My 23 year old daughter thought it was really interesting.  She didn't know anything about him.  The tapes made it interesting to me...plus just remembering the details of his crime spree.

It is amazing that due to the lack of internet and/or efficient communication, the authorities really didn't know they had Bundy in custody at first.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:

My 23 year old daughter thought it was really interesting.  She didn't know anything about him.  The tapes made it interesting to me...plus just remembering the details of his crime spree.

It is amazing that due to the lack of internet and/or efficient communication, the authorities really didn't know they had Bundy in custody at first.
    Yeah, for those not fully versed in his story, it would definitely be a good watch. I am personally a big huge horror and true crime buff/nerd, and that includes all the serial killer stuff, so I already knew absolutely everything about Bundy - I've seen pretty much every movie and documentary about him ever made. This was another to add to the pile. But it's a good one. Probably the best one made so far.
    I absolutely think that his is the most interesting/intriguing story out of all the serial killers, and yes, that is largely because of the jail breaks. I can't believe they let him get away twice - it would be comical if there wasn't such an unfunny result from it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:

Yeah, for those not fully versed in his story, it would definitely be a good watch. I am personally a big huge horror buff/nerd, and that includes all the serial killer stuff, so I already knew absolutely everything about Bundy - I've seen pretty much every movie and documentary about him ever made. This was another to add to the pile. But it's a good one. Probably the best one made so far.
    I absolutely think that his is the most interesting/intriguing story out of all the serial killers, and yes, that is largely because of the jail breaks. I can't believe they let him get away twice - it would be comical if there wasn't such an unfunny result from it.
    Did you watch "The Innocent Man" yet?  Really good....the book is excellent as well

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:

Yeah, for those not fully versed in his story, it would definitely be a good watch. I am personally a big huge horror buff/nerd, and that includes all the serial killer stuff, so I already knew absolutely everything about Bundy - I've seen pretty much every movie and documentary about him ever made. This was another to add to the pile. But it's a good one. Probably the best one made so far.
    Did you watch "The Innocent Man" yet?  Really good....the book is excellent as well
    I haven't yet, but am looking forward to it! :)
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:

I haven't yet, but am looking forward to it! :)
    I think the book was better than the documentary but still very good

• WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by WildFly on
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Watched Fyre (Netflix) tonight. The only people I felt sympathy for were some of the people hired who did try to wave the red flag but were ignored and the locals who got screwed. The GoFundMe for the woman running the restaurant has raised over $170k. I didnt have any sympathy for Billy and Ja of course or the privileged attendees who wanted to be part of the elite. Crazy shit. Billy will scam again. Surprised he wasn't wearing a MAGA hat. 

I can understand not having sympathy for Billy or Ja but i do have some for the attendees.  they did get ripped off.  for me it doesn't matter if they are privileged or not. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I may be alone here but I wasn’t too impressed by Bodyguard.  Entertaining but tough to follow who was who and thus didn’t really care who was guilty in the end.  
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Hold The Dark - fucking awesome movie.

The Fyre Fest doc - so good and so happy to watch every single person involved in it get F'ed over.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I've seen a lot of comments here about the Fyre doc to add it to my queue. Maybe I'll get to watch it this weekend.
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Fyre doc was crazy. Billy McFarland is def a piece of shit! Also waiting patiently for season 5 of Schiit's Creek
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/

The Fyre Fest doc - so good and so happy to watch every single person involved in it get F'ed over.
    I liked Hold the Dark until the end....really fucking weird ending, and by weird I mean kind of stupid in my opinion

I liked Hold the Dark until the end....really fucking weird ending, and by weird I mean kind of stupid in my opinion
    Sorta agree - but gonna push back that the violence was soooo good (swear I'm not a psycho).

Sorta agree - but gonna push back that the violence was soooo good (swear I'm not a psycho).
    yeah definitely worth watching...it just kind of ended like a lot of suspense/horror movies do

"It" (S. King) was that way....great movie but the end was just kind of stupid

yeah definitely worth watching...it just kind of ended like a lot of suspense/horror movies do

But it wasn't the end - it was the midway point. ;)
  • Hold The Dark - fucking awesome movie.

Fuck the CGI in IT.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..

:lol:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    The memes of this guys face all over the place are hilarious.  I thought the whole thing was a joke when he first said it when I was watching it.  Wild.
  • I've now watched both Fyre Festival docs and if you haven't yet, and intend to watch both, I would recommend the Netflix one first and Hulu second. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited February 2019
    I've now watched both Fyre Festival docs and if you haven't yet, and intend to watch both, I would recommend the Netflix one first and Hulu second. 
    Dude--so weird! I watched the Netflix one last night and was pretty shocked to see the location. It was literally right next to this resort my wife and I stayed at a few years ago. I golfed on that course that overlooks the site of the "festival." Pretty crazy. I remember looking at it and telling my wife it looked like they had started to clear the area out to put in another resort or development but just stopped--ran out of money or something. Then boom--last night I'm watching this thing and that's the spot they landed on after they couldn't use Pablo Escobar's island. 

The course is pretty awesome though. Greg Norman design. Kinda reminds me of Pebble Beach how it hugs the coast line....

Not the best picture but you can see the course and the lagoon looking area to the right is where Fyre was. Pretty sure the mansion the festival guy was staying in was one of the one's on the course:

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg