Dave Matthews Band

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    JK_Livin said:
    my2hands said:
    Do they mail Warehouse tix or will call pickup?

I'm not in the warehouse, but my buddy is, could he get me a pair of tix?
    Mail 2 weeks before the show.
    Thank you
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mrussel1 said:
    Strange tour this year.  No Cleveland,  Pittsburg or Virginia Beach.  These are staples for 25 years.  Im bummed by no Virginia Beach.  I hate going to Bristow. 
    I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they like Bristow.  The traffic in & out of that place is just god awful.
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    edited January 2019

Yes

There is a box that let's you opt out of other options.
    Bummer. It seems like you can't opt out of reserved seating, only Lawns. Unless I'm missing something. 

Post edited by qontheboard on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    Strange tour this year.  No Cleveland,  Pittsburg or Virginia Beach.  These are staples for 25 years.  Im bummed by no Virginia Beach.  I hate going to Bristow. 
    I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they like Bristow.  The traffic in & out of that place is just god awful.
    It's the worst.. and last year we had the flood that delayed the show by almost 2 hours.  Cars were overtaken by water in the parking lot.  The county was conducting rescue operations... in a parking lot!! It was crazy. 

Yes

There is a box that let's you opt out of other options.
    Bummer. It seems like you can't opt out of reserved seating, only Lawns. Unless I'm missing something. 

Yeah.. and unless you have good tenure,  you can back on the second section. 
    Bank...
  • mrussel1 said:

Double Bummer! Had I known I wouldn't have bothered with putting in a request. It's funny, I never joined the Warehouse because I didn't like the lottery aspect and ending up with seats you don't want. However I let optimism get the better of me for this tour announcement. Oh well, I'll either sell at face or gift someone if I can get pit tix sorted.

mrussel1 said:

Double Bummer! Had I known I wouldn't have bothered with putting in a request. It's funny, I never joined the Warehouse because I didn't like the lottery aspect and ending up with seats you don't want. However I let optimism get the better of me for this tour announcement. Oh well, I'll either sell at face or gift someone if I can get pit tix sorted.

You can usually request only GA. That's what I have historically done.  And then if I lose,  i buy day of the show. 

The other option is instant ticketing.  Sometime in the few weeks after the result of the lottery,  you will get an email saying there are instant tickets available.  It's usually all sections.  If you work in front of a computer,  you're usually golden.  It's first come first serve. Last tour I won GA for bristow,  and got GA for VA beach and Tampa through instant ticketing. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It's the worst.. and last year we had the flood that delayed the show by almost 2 hours.  Cars were overtaken by water in the parking lot.  The county was conducting rescue operations... in a parking lot!! It was crazy. 
    Isn’t that venue right next to a shopping center?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    no, it's way out in the country.  Only two lane roads in and out.  You might be thinking of Merriweather Post, which is on the other side DC, in MD. That's sort of in the middle of an urban area. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    no, it's way out in the country.  Only two lane roads in and out.  You might be thinking of Merriweather Post, which is on the other side DC, in MD. That's sort of in the middle of an urban area. 

Didn't a bunch of people miss the show because staff told people the show was going to be cancelled given the situation?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Didn't a bunch of people miss the show because staff told people the show was going to be cancelled given the situation?
    Yes that's exactly what happened.  They were telling people it was cancelled when it wasn't.  I actually got a call from teh Warehouse a few days later.  They asked me about my experience and what I saw, etc.  Then they asked if I wanted a refund.. I was like SURE.  So 4 tickets refunded.  It was super cool of them.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes that's exactly what happened.  They were telling people it was cancelled when it wasn't.  I actually got a call from teh Warehouse a few days later.  They asked me about my experience and what I saw, etc.  Then they asked if I wanted a refund.. I was like SURE.  So 4 tickets refunded.  It was super cool of them.  

Too cool!
  • I've put in for the Gorge by the way.
    I've put in for the Gorge by the way.
    You ever do a Gorge trip?  I'd like to one day.  But when we drove from Seattle to Missoula for the PJ stuff last summer, we went through there and it was just so friggin' desolate.  I mean the venue was beautiful and green, but other than that it was terrible.  Are you camping?
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    I put in for Atlanta show 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • mrussel1 said:
    You ever do a Gorge trip?  I'd like to one day.  But when we drove from Seattle to Missoula for the PJ stuff last summer, we went through there and it was just so friggin' desolate.  I mean the venue was beautiful and green, but other than that it was terrible.  Are you camping?

I have been to the Gorge every year since 2009 (except two years ago when they didn't play).

We love going. We don't camp. We stay in Wenatchee where we have our little routine established.

It's kind of like a spiritual cleanse for us.

Are you from Seattle?
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yup that is the one I am thinking of. I saw pj there in 2000 and then bristow in 2003.  
    I am really into Dave right now, I might try to head to a show for the first time in 12 years. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yup that is the one I am thinking of. I saw pj there in 2000 and then bristow in 2003.  
    I am really into Dave right now, I might try to head to a show for the first time in 12 years. 

Come to the Gorge. We can hang out.
    mrussel1 said:

I have been to the Gorge every year since 2009 (except two years ago when they didn't play).

We love going. We don't camp. We stay in Wenatchee where we have our little routine established.

Are you from Seattle?
    No I live in Richmond Virginia, the heart of dave matthews country.  

What is Wenetchee?  Can you tell me a little about your routine?
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    YES! I go through phases between pj and dmb. Last year was so great.  4 dmb shows and 5 pj.
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Are you from Seattle?
    No I live in Richmond Virginia, the heart of dave matthews country.  

What is Wenetchee?  Can you tell me a little about your routine?

We get down earlier Friday. The Thursday we travel- two years ago we did a wine tour (I got way too drunk and was really hungover for all of Friday including for the show).

We watch Friday's show on the lawn. Prior to Friday's show: Mexican food from authentic Mexican restaurant- margs and great food. 

Saturday we go to the local farmer's market. We buy some meats, cheeses, and big dill pickles to take back to room. We sip on ciders and beers and snack on the treats. We make our way up to the Gorge (30-40 min scenic drive) and watch Saturday in the pavilion (with premium seats close to the stage).

In recent years... we leave home on the Sunday. I'd like to stay for the third show, but the wife always wants to go. kinda pisses me off.
  • ^^^

Wenatchee is a neighbouring town/city.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    They're playing 2 days in Camden - unless you were looking to take a trip.
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    That venue is the absolute worst.  However I might suck it up and go. 

mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Agree - would have loved to see them playing any of the myriad of venues that are around here, but it's Camden or Bethel Woods if you are doing NY/NJ.  Bethel Woods would be an overnight for me, just like if they had played AC. 

MSG or Giants Stadium/ Brendan Byrne are so easy - I'm spoiled. (and I don't like name changes). 

njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Agree - would have loved to see them playing any of the myriad of venues that are around here, but it's Camden or Bethel Woods if you are doing NY/NJ.  Bethel Woods would be an overnight for me, just like if they had played AC. 

MSG or Giants Stadium/ Brendan Byrne are so easy - I'm spoiled. (and I don't like name changes). 

The first time I was there, for a Foos show, the guy I was with insisted we turn left coming out, rather than to the right with all of the other traffic.  Within a minute, we were driving on railroad tracks and then in the heart of crackville.  Holy crap is that place sketchy at night.  
    ^^^

Wenatchee is a neighbouring town/city.
    Okay, I see.  You drive back and forth to the town after each show.  Is it easy enough or super painful?  Do you fly into Spokane?
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Come to the Gorge. We can hang out.
    Oh man do I wish but it just isn’t in the cards. Hitting outer banks for a week, dc for a weekend and hoping pj plays somewhere within a three hour radius.  

edited January 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The first time I was there, for a Foos show, the guy I was with insisted we turn left coming out, rather than to the right with all of the other traffic.  Within a minute, we were driving on railroad tracks and then in the heart of crackville.  Holy crap is that place sketchy at night.  
    Camden has built up the waterfront but the rest of the city is unfortunately an extremely dangerous place.  Murder and gangs dangerous. I wish they'd help out more of the city  for the sake of the people who live there, but the only safe place is the waterfront and then drive straight out to the highway with everyone else. They're playing two days so I guess they're staying in Philly. 

Just realized they are also playing Jones Beach.  

@mcgruff10 Justsaw they added Sea, Hear, Now in Asbury Park - that's a trip to the corner store for you. 
    Post edited by njnancy on