NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    This could be great!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/SteveCarell?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@SteveCarell&lt;/a> will star in a new workplace comedy series he co-created with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheOffice?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#TheOffice</a>’s Greg Daniels about the people tasked with creating a sixth branch of the armed services: the Space Force! <a href="https://t.co/6GEFNgP18w">pic.twitter.com/6GEFNgP18w</a></p>&mdash; See What&#39;s Next (@seewhatsnext) <a href="">January 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

THAT'S REAL??? BWAHAHAHAHAHA
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2019
    I hope so!! It better be!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    I absolutely love The Last Kingdom. 
    edited January 2019
    Friends From College (Netflix original series)

For me, this show is HILARIOUS!! Love it. Looks like the first season got critically panned, and the second got better reviews. I thought the first season was funny and the poor critiques are a real mystery to me, but yes, the second season is definitely better. I just pray they keep going with this series!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

Started YOU.

I'm stuck in quicksand and it's pulling ..... me ..... in .....

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    If anyone watch this, let us know..

https://youtu.be/y3GLhAumiec
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Jbarker said:

Started YOU.

I'm stuck in quicksand and it's pulling ..... me ..... in .....

There goes your day, lol. ;)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    pretty interesting documentary. Didn't know the entire thing and actually felt bad for some of the people involved.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I have no desire to try YOU...I'm about halfway through IO (interesting, kind of slow, still awaiting Danny Huston's appearance) and same for the Fyre doc.  That one, oh man.  I think an hour or so was all I could take.  Bunch of ill-prepared self-important event "planners".
    pretty interesting documentary. Didn't know the entire thing and actually felt bad for some of the people involved.
    Thank God i'm not an influencer..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    We just watched this. Good documentary for sure.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    The Fyre Festival doc was really good.  I swear I googled Billy McFarland to see if he was Seth McFarland's brother, they look a lot alike.

I've met a lot of people like Billy....you don't know whether they are brilliant or insane.  This dude is insane.  His original intentions were likely good but he used fraud to attempt to cover his ass.

And the ticketing Ponzi schemes were unreal.  

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The Fyre Festival doc was really good.  I swear I googled Billy McFarland to see if he was Seth McFarland's brother, they look a lot alike.

I've met a lot of people like Billy....you don't know whether they are brilliant or insane.  This dude is insane.  His original intentions were likely good but he used fraud to attempt to cover his ass.

Yeah this was a fascinating doc. Hulu just put one out as well and that one has an interview with McFarland. But apparently, judging by reviews because I haven't seen the Hulu one, the Netflix one is better. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The Fyre Festival doc was really good.  I swear I googled Billy McFarland to see if he was Seth McFarland's brother, they look a lot alike.

Yeah this was a fascinating doc. Hulu just put one out as well and that one has an interview with McFarland. But apparently, judging by reviews because I haven't seen the Hulu one, the Netflix one is better. 
    I started watching the Hulu doc...only about 30 minutes in.  This one seems to focus a little more on McFarland.  In the Netflix doc they kind of did a slow reveal on McFarland being fraudulent.  Hulu hits him with that pretty early....he apparently ran Ponzi schemes with ticket sales way before Fyre Festival.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

I started watching the Hulu doc...only about 30 minutes in.  This one seems to focus a little more on McFarland.  In the Netflix doc they kind of did a slow reveal on McFarland being fraudulent.  Hulu hits him with that pretty early....he apparently ran Ponzi schemes with ticket sales way before Fyre Festival.  

Hulu actually paid McFarland to do the interview in that doc, so right away you know that the Netflix one comes out ahead.
    It will be interesting to see what he does when he gets out of prison.  

Hulu touched on his connection with Aubrey McClendon....dude who died in a car wreck (that might have been suicide) the day after he was indicted for price fixing.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    PJ_Soul said:

Hulu actually paid McFarland to do the interview in that doc, so right away you know that the Netflix one comes out ahead.
    One of the producers of the Netflix doc is Jerry Media which is the company that was in charge of the social media marketing for this festival.  Just a little bit of a conflict of interest there.  I haven't watched either yet but plan on watching both once I'm done with season 2 of The Punisher....which by the way is phenomenal.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited January 2019
    Watched Fyre (Netflix) tonight. The only people I felt sympathy for were some of the people hired who did try to wave the red flag but were ignored and the locals who got screwed. The GoFundMe for the woman running the restaurant has raised over $170k. I didnt have any sympathy for Billy and Ja of course or the privileged attendees who wanted to be part of the elite. Crazy shit. Billy will scam again. Surprised he wasn't wearing a MAGA hat. 

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    Final season of A Series of Unfortunate Events is on..great production and Neil Patrick Harris is adorable..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

PJ_Soul said:

One of the producers of the Netflix doc is Jerry Media which is the company that was in charge of the social media marketing for this festival.  Just a little bit of a conflict of interest there.  I haven't watched either yet but plan on watching both once I'm done with season 2 of The Punisher....which by the way is phenomenal.
    Oh, I did not know that... I would imagine that the social media marketing company that was involved here are bitter as fuck, so I suppose the bias could definitely be against McFarland... I mean, he definitely comes off bad in the doc, lol. However, one needn't try hard to make him look bad. Just the provable facts do that thoroughly. I'd be more worried about bias that goes the other way, in McFarland's favour.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh, I did not know that... I would imagine that the social media marketing company that was involved here are bitter as fuck, so I suppose the bias could definitely be against McFarland... I mean, he definitely comes off bad in the doc, lol. However, one needn't try hard to make him look bad. Just the provable facts do that thoroughly. I'd be more worried about bias that goes the other way, in McFarland's favour.
    They are both good, but I think the Hulu one is a bit better because of the interviews with Billy. Even if he was paid, the producers did ask some hard questions.  I would have liked to see him grilled a bit more.
    Get_Right said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

They are both good, but I think the Hulu one is a bit better because of the interviews with Billy. Even if he was paid, the producers did ask some hard questions.  I would have liked to see him grilled a bit more.
    I don't like seeing him get any direct attention like that at all, personally. Fuck that guy. But I understand where you're coming from.
    After watching both I would say that the Netflix doc was better but Hulu's was definitely worth watching.  Not a lot of new info but different people interviewed, etc.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    PJ_Soul said:
    Get_Right said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't like seeing him get any direct attention like that at all, personally. Fuck that guy. But I understand where you're coming from.
    What a fucking scumbag he is.  The interview with him in the Hulu doc was cringeworthy.  He'll be back to his same old tricks when he gets out of prison.  And people will be dumb enough to fall for it.

Also, Ja Rule is a fucking moron.
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Get_Right said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

What a fucking scumbag he is.  The interview with him in the Hulu doc was cringeworthy.  He'll be back to his same old tricks when he gets out of prison.  And people will be dumb enough to fall for it.

Also, Ja Rule is a fucking moron.
    Agreed on all of that....It was too easy for Billy to make money via fraud.  He'll get in a spot where he feels the need to do it again.  
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

edited January 2019
    The Bundy Tapes doc reminded me that his execution - the sickos who partied outside on his execution, to be precise - is what triggered my lifelong opposition to the death penalty. I was only about 13 when it happened, but I vividly remember the disgust I felt about the sentiment being expressed by all those drunk partying freaks who waved signs and set off fireworks who I watched on TV. It really enlightened me when it came to the human darkness and grossness that lurks behind capital punishment.

It is a pretty good documentary btw. Not unique or anything, bit interesting enough.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm fascinated with Bundy himself - the stark difference between the persona shown and the one who committed those monstrosities.  I watched a bit of the first episode but found it unfulfilling (probably not the appropriate word), My paperback of The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule was more interesting.

I'm now about 20 minutes into Polar with Mads Mikkelson.  Fun watch and well-made so far.

(and by the way, Io blew big-time)