Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Man it's no contest between the original pressing or the reissue of the Racs. The original is much livelier, has slightly better imaging and much lower lows.  The original is just a better listen. 

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I didn’t really notice a big difference. Thought the new one had better separation.
    DewieCox said:
    I didn’t really notice a big difference. Thought the new one had better separation.
    Interesting.  What about the lows?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Not sure. I didn’t think it was lacking on the new one but I could see how handling the lows differently could impact the clarity/separation.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Original pressing, no question. The new one is nice to look at though.
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Beyond stoked for the new vault package. 
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    I have a Vault #37 for sale for cost ($60) + shipping.  Shipping was opened to check contents, but everything is sealed/unplayed.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I really like Jack White music. I'm listening to it right now. It boggles my mind that I had such a bad time at his concert in Nashville in November. I hope he comes by DC again, so I can prove it was just a curse of the day. It could be that I just don't know his work well enough and that I listen to the same songs over and over .
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • PABLINHOPABLINHO Posts: 221
    I am after a few of the Vault releases to load on my iPhone, I have some of them but not all. 
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    EDDIE VEDDER Out Of Sand Record Booth Recording (7" VINYL) in TMR Vault store. 
  • European dates starting to come in for The Raconteurs...Festival dates in London and Denmark confirmed !
    1996:Cork 2000:Dublin 2006:Dublin,Barcelona,Madrid 2007:London,Dusseldorf,Nijmegen
    2009:Manchester,London 2010:Dublin,Belfast,London,Berlin 2012: Manchester 1 +2,Stockholm,copenhagen 2013: New York ,Philadelphia
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 2018: London 1, Lisbon 2022: London 1+ 2, Krakow 2023: Austin 1 + 2
    European dates starting to come in for The Raconteurs...Festival dates in London and Denmark confirmed !
    Just when I cancel my third man membership.  
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    If anyone wants the Sleep Vault for $40, let me know?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Shit i just signed up for this only to get the Sleep vault... Wish i would of seen this first.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    JK_Livin said:
    Shit i just signed up for this only to get the Sleep vault... Wish i would of seen this first.
    Me too.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited March 2019
    Jack White is a friggin' marketing GENIUS!!!
    This is what Third Man Records is releasing on Record Store day:

They are selling those 3" records (plus the little player) in a "blind box" format,
    so you won't know which record is inside until it's opened.
    These things will be like trading cards & you'll have to find all 4 to complete the set!!

Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2019
    derbydave said:

They are selling those 3" records (plus the little player) in a "blind box" format,
    These things will be like trading cards & you'll have to find all 4 to complete the set!!

Sounds horrendous from a consumer's perspective IMO. I can't get excited about things like this when the market is what it is. This will just become a ridiculous feeding frenzy that I have no interest in wading into. Which is unfortunate for me, since I would otherwise be very curious about this, and would probably get one just for the novelty of it.... That is, unless he's releases a LOT of them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    derbydave said:

Sounds horrendous from a consumer's perspective IMO. I can't get excited about things like this when the market is what it is. This will just become a ridiculous feeding frenzy that I have no interest in wading into. Which is unfortunate for me, since I would otherwise be very curious about this, and would probably get one just for the novelty of it.... That is, unless he's releases a LOT of them.
    The RSD website says there will 2000 of each title released...
    but I'm thinking your feeding frenzy comment is right on track!!
    I was interested in the novelty aspect as well...
    but will probably skip it now too,
    unless that mini-player is readily available.
    I think that might be the most difficult thing to get!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

Anyone get shipping info on the Sleep vault? Super pumped for this one!
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    On the Vault it says US members will receive tracking at the beginning on next week.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    derbydave said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    derbydave said:

I wouldnt get too excited about the 3" player. I imported a couple of the Bandai players from Japan years ago and had the set of WS singles.  Aesthetically they were very cool to look at, but the sound quality and battery life of the player wasnt great. It was a novelty toy. I sold the lot for a few hundred each and used the cash to buy some records I didnt have and a holy grail.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    FR181798 said:
    derbydave said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    derbydave said:

I wouldnt get too excited about the 3" player. I imported a couple of the Bandai players from Japan years ago and had the set of WS singles.  Aesthetically they were very cool to look at, but the sound quality and battery life of the player wasnt great. It was a novelty toy. I sold the lot for a few hundred each and used the cash to buy some records I didnt have and a holy grail.
    3" records?  Nope.

Gimmicky.  I know the hardcore JW3 fans will go apey for this.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Not yet, but I will be selling mine right away. If anyone is interested, let me know.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    FR181798 said:
    derbydave said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    derbydave said:

3" records?  Nope.

Gimmicky.  I know the hardcore JW3 fans will go apey for this.
    Yeah, JW has the most ridiculous vinyl gimmicks in the business by far, lol. I guess it's part of his charm!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    mfc2006 said:
    Not yet, but I will be selling mine right away. If anyone is interested, let me know.
    Yeah me too...
    FR181798 said:
    derbydave said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    derbydave said:

Thanks for the feedback...
    I'm definitely passing on this at RSD.
    Found a post about it on Bull Moose and your "novelty toy" (and it's not a cheap toy) description is right on track!!

FR181798 said:
    derbydave said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    derbydave said:

I actually assumed that nobody would expect anything better than what you've described, lol. This is pure novelty I think.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Dont know the full spec but this Crosley player does seem like its better than the Bandai toy. A few years ago I would have jumped on it for that foo fighters 3" but Id like to think Im more sensible now. JW is like the Willy Wonka of the record biz.