Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Picked mine up today and going to spin later while wrapping gifts and having some Xmas cheer!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    What’s the next Vault? Apparently, I ordered the motherfucker. One of these days, it will be the WS Coney Island shows, right? I need to cancel until then. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    dankind said:
    What’s the next Vault? Apparently, I ordered the motherfucker. One of these days, it will be the WS Coney Island shows, right? I need to cancel until then. 
    Next time unsubscribe and reup at the end of the month. That way you'll always know what the package is before you get charged. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JK_Livin said:
    dankind said:
    Next time unsubscribe and reup at the end of the month. That way you'll always know what the package is before you get charged. 
    I keep meaning to do that.

All the Dude wanted was a fast and bulbous (bulbous, also tapered) mascara snake.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    dankind said:
    JK_Livin said:
    dankind said:
    I keep meaning to do that.

All the Dude wanted was a fast and bulbous (bulbous, also tapered) mascara snake.

me too

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I've never heard a song by them.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JK_Livin said:
    I've never heard a song by them.
    Me either.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Stoner rock.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    ^^^ I just read that they might actually be "the ultimate stoner band". :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I'm excited for this one. Probably not everyone's cup of tea. Slow and heavy.
    #FHP
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Horos said:
    I'm excited for this one. Probably not everyone's cup of tea. Slow and heavy.
    I forgot to cancel, but I’m looking forward to it as well!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    PJ_Soul said:
    That’s probably an understatement! Check out the ‘Dopesmoker’ album - it’s one song that lasts over an hour (plus a bonus track!)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    If anyone’s interested in this package and doesn’t want to hassle with subscribing, I’ll have mine available for cost once they ship in March. Please PM if interested. Thanks.
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    They're a great band.  I've seen them 6 times.  Looking forward to this one.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    goldrush said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    That’s probably an understatement! Check out the ‘Dopesmoker’ album - it’s one song that lasts over an hour (plus a bonus track!)
    I'm not sure I have the patience. I put on some of their stuff randomly yesterday, and I couldn't take it anymore after about 10 minutes. It just kind of droned on and on and on, with no decipherable break in the monotony. I am a stoner, but maybe not the right kind of stoner for this band. :lol: I don't actually go for the droney trippy shit that makes you want to space out. If I'm high, I actually like my music to be exciting and varied. Like Led Zeppelin.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    goldrush said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm not sure I have the patience. I put on some of their stuff randomly yesterday, and I couldn't take it anymore after about 10 minutes. It just kind of droned on and on and on, with no decipherable break in the monotony. I am a stoner, but maybe not the right kind of stoner for this band. :lol: I don't actually go for the droney trippy shit that makes you want to space out. If I'm high, I actually like my music to be exciting and varied. Like Led Zeppelin.
    It's not a stoner you have to be, it's a coma...
  • Beyond excited for this one. Huge fan of Sleep, Om, High on Fire, and most the other projects associated with these dudes. 

• YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    jamhead64 said:
    Beyond excited for this one. Huge fan of Sleep, Om, High on Fire, and most the other projects associated with these dudes. 

Likewise.  I was sad to hear that the High On Fire tour is canceled but Matt's health is obviously paramount.  I hope he heals up and comes back to the music when he can.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I'm glad I saw this so I could cancel.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    I want to cancel but I don't want to miss out on Rac tix.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    JK_Livin said:
    I want to cancel but I don't want to miss out on Rac tix.
    This is my problem..
    Although, the tickets to the JW shows were not particularly difficult to get.  I got tickets for $40 for the 2nd DC show. 
    You can cancel now and then renew after 1/31 and I think you'd be back in the mix.  
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Raconteurs releasing a 3" version of Store Bought Bones for RSD. I used to have the set of White Stripes 3" records and the inchophone but sold them. Sometimes think I did the wrong thing but I made a small profit selling it on. The inchophone just didn't sound that great, one problem was that it was just powered by batteries and had no way to plug into speakers or headphones. It was just fun to look at. I see Crosley are doing a $75 dollar 3" player which actually looks much better but still not really worth it.  If this 3" was $5 it would be cool but I bet it's going to be $15 minimum.
  • FR181798 said:
    Raconteurs releasing a 3" version of Store Bought Bones for RSD. I used to have the set of White Stripes 3" records and the inchophone but sold them. Sometimes think I did the wrong thing but I made a small profit selling it on. The inchophone just didn't sound that great, one problem was that it was just powered by batteries and had no way to plug into speakers or headphones. It was just fun to look at. I see Crosley are doing a $75 dollar 3" player which actually looks much better but still not really worth it.  If this 3" was $5 it would be cool but I bet it's going to be $15 minimum.
    I'll ask "why" the 3" record?

Besides being a gimmick what good is it?
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It's all in their band name.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • It's all in their band name.
    ????
    Someone needs to develop some sort of adapter so you can play them on a regular turntable. But yeah it's just a gimmick. A bit like those little Japanese CDs.
  • FR181798 said:
    Someone needs to develop some sort of adapter so you can play them on a regular turntable. But yeah it's just a gimmick. A bit like those little Japanese CDs.
    Theres a spot for those Japanese CD's in every CD tray though, no?
    Yes for those cds, just figure there must be a way for the 3 inch record as it's just a normal stylus. Can't think off hand if the arm on my turntable would go far enough across to reach all of the grooves.
    It's all in their band name.
    Ha.