Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    RS65573 said:
    This .rar from wegotshit shows as corrupt for me. And the dime flac has been pulled.  Can someone send me a link?
    I saw that someone (you perhaps?) commented on the blog that the .rar was corrupt so I downloaded it myself and it extracted fine. Are you using winrar to extract? You should give it another try because it downloaded with no problems for me a minute ago. 

Also, the taper posted a new FLAC torrent on Trader's Den because it had been pulled from Dime. I updated the link. 

https://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2019/01/chris-cornell-tribute-11619-audience.html
    The rar file you posted earlier, extracted & worked fine for me.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited January 2019
    demetrios said:
    RS65573 said:
    This .rar from wegotshit shows as corrupt for me. And the dime flac has been pulled.  Can someone send me a link?
    I saw that someone (you perhaps?) commented on the blog that the .rar was corrupt so I downloaded it myself and it extracted fine. Are you using winrar to extract? You should give it another try because it downloaded with no problems for me a minute ago. 

Also, the taper posted a new FLAC torrent on Trader's Den because it had been pulled from Dime. I updated the link. 

https://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2019/01/chris-cornell-tribute-11619-audience.html
    The rar file you posted earlier, extracted & worked fine for me.
    Yeah it seems to be working fine. I think the problem is on RS65573's end. 

RS65573, if you still can't get it to work, let me know and I'll re-up a wetransfer link so you can grab it there. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    edited January 2019
    Source 2 ... AT831's by tapeworm(48). https://we.tl/t-RD7JYs4wl1  Source: AT831s > SP-SPSB-11 (@69Hz) > Sony PCM-M10 @ 24-bit / 44.1kHz (track 69 & beyond from CA-11 > Ugly Battery Box > Sony M10 source courtesy of opsopcopolis)
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • NSL said:
    Wow.  What a fucking show.  Everybody on the stage gave it 200%.  That crowd gave about 10% though...might have been the lamest crowd I have ever been in
    Yes! This! What is wrong with people??! I made the trip from the UK to LA for 2 nights for this awesome celebration. Up on my feet, dancing, yelling, singing, crying, having an awesome time for most of the 5hrs. I was astounded the number of people sat with their popcorn, chatting,  or on their phones.  I spent time in two different sections and it was much the same. I suspect most of the people around me thought I was nuts, or drunk, I was neither.... man, it was a fucking rock concert, not a movie?! 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited January 2019
    NSL said:
    Wow.  What a fucking show.  Everybody on the stage gave it 200%.  That crowd gave about 10% though...might have been the lamest crowd I have ever been in
    Yes! This! What is wrong with people??! I made the trip from the UK to LA for 2 nights for this awesome celebration. Up on my feet, dancing, yelling, singing, crying, having an awesome time for most of the 5hrs. I was astounded the number of people sat with their popcorn, chatting,  or on their phones.  I spent time in two different sections and it was much the same. I suspect most of the people around me thought I was nuts, or drunk, I was neither.... man, it was a fucking rock concert, not a movie?! 
    People enjoys shows differently. Get off your high horse.

Who eats popcorn at a rock show though...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetrios said:
    Source 2 ... AT831's by tapeworm(48). https://we.tl/t-RD7JYs4wl1  Source: AT831s > SP-SPSB-11 (@69Hz) > Sony PCM-M10 @ 24-bit / 44.1kHz (track 69 & beyond from CA-11 > Ugly Battery Box > Sony M10 source courtesy of opsopcopolis)
    Thanks D.
  • NSL said:
    People enjoys shows differently. Get off your high horse.

Who eats popcorn at a rock show though...
    Given i was there I would question whether many enjoyed it at all. Certainly, I've found a difference between European and American audiences and would agree with the previous comment re a mostly lame audience!
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    NSL said:
    I agree that the crowd volume and enthusiasm was pretty tame, though they did have their moments. I would attribute this to the fact that many in attendance were there for either Metallica or the Foo Fighters - in fact, most of the people around me who I spoke to were hardcore fans of one of those two bands, but only knew the most popular work by Cornell. I got the feeling that a lot of ticket-buyers saw the show advertised as "Metallica, Foo Fighters, Ryan Adams and special guests" and expected those three artists to play for the majority of the time. Seeing as how most of the songs that were played were not songs that a casual listener would be familiar with - performed by artists that many in attendance had only a passing familiarity with - I can sort of understand why not everyone was "dancing, yelling, singing, crying" as you were. I honestly didn't let that ruin the show or affect my mood whatsoever, though. I hope you didn't, either. The seated people in my area were cool with me standing throughout the show, and that was enough for me. For those of us who have followed Chris's music for years and are familiar with the depth of his work, it was truly a special, once-in-a-lifetime evening. 
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • NSL said:
    I agree that the crowd volume and enthusiasm was pretty tame, though they did have their moments. I would attribute this to the fact that many in attendance were there for either Metallica or the Foo Fighters - in fact, most of the people around me who I spoke to were hardcore fans of one of those two bands, but only knew the most popular work by Cornell. I got the feeling that a lot of ticket-buyers saw the show advertised as "Metallica, Foo Fighters, Ryan Adams and special guests" and expected those three artists to play for the majority of the time. Seeing as how most of the songs that were played were not songs that a casual listener would be familiar with - performed by artists that many in attendance had only a passing familiarity with - I can sort of understand why not everyone was "dancing, yelling, singing, crying" as you were. I honestly didn't let that ruin the show or affect my mood whatsoever, though. I hope you didn't, either. The seated people in my area were cool with me standing throughout the show, and that was enough for me. For those of us who have followed Chris's music for years and are familiar with the depth of his work, it was truly a special, once-in-a-lifetime evening. 
    Wow, yeh I totally didn't consider that many people might have been there for Metallica and Food, that makes sense. I guess I'm a GA girl so am not really familiar with the vibes in the seats... it didn't affect me at all, but I guess the vibe might have been different if everyone there was paddionate about Chris and his music. I agree, it was an awesome night and I'm so pleased i made that crazy trip 
  • bertanbertan Posts: 266
    edited January 2019
    NSL said:
    I mean this is a total guess, but I assume this wouldn't be the case if the event was in Seattle... Well what's done is done now, hope everyone who attended enjoyed the concert in their own way.

P.S. Finally managed to watch Stone's speech, damn... He really is the MVP...
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • THETONYCLIFTONTHETONYCLIFTON SAN LUIS OBISPO Posts: 153
    I lived in LA for 3 years and LA crowds are notorious for being lame. Many think they are as or more I mportant as the artist on stage and don’t show any respect for the talent performing. It’s patheitic, and I avoid seeing shows in LA anymore. I’ll go an extra 2 hours South for a San Diego show before I’ll deal with these momo’s 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • bertan said:

P.S. Finally managed to watch Stone's speech, damn... He really is the MVP...
    Stone is a class act. Much respect for Stone for including Chris's parents, siblings and blood brothers in his speech.
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,440
    Hi anyone have a working mp3 too?
    Last link not working for me.
    Would be much appreciated :)
    Spoken said:
    Hi anyone have a working mp3 too?
    Last link not working for me.
    Would be much appreciated :)
    I'll send you both this afternoon. :) 
  • surferzsurferz Posts: 54
    edited January 2019
    I scored this merch outside the Forum after the show:
    (The second two are front and back)

Post edited by surferz on
  • That Metallica/FF shirt is the most bootleg-y shirt I have ever seen.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    That Metallica/FF shirt is the most bootleg-y shirt I have ever seen.
    I was about to type the exact same thing.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 914
    I saw the Metalica/foo fighters boot in the parking lot and passed. Didn't see the first and last pics of the shirts, those are awesome, probably would have grabbed one 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 635
    edited January 2019
    I'm sure this has been discussed so I apologize for being late but it is a bit strange that bands performed in honor of Cornell and PJ wasn't one of them. Metallica, Foos, Ryan Adams but no PJ, just doesn't seem right is all.  I mean, before this event was announced and you were planning this, PJ would be the first band on the list just because of the obvious connection and history. Then you'd add Metallica, Foos, etc.. 

As mentioned, I'm sure there's a reason but at the end of the day, just doesn't seem whole that event took place without PJ. Don't get me wrong, from what I read and saw on YouTube, it looked like a great night, I was especially impressed by Taylor Momsen's set with Soundgarden, Drawing Flies and Loud Love were great but PJ should have been part of the event.  Can't say it for sure obviously but if something happened to EV, I'd like to think Soundgarden would've partaken in any event honoring him, I'm probably wrong, we'll never know why I guess but it doesn't seem right is all 
    Post edited by DL136722 on
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 598
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, there must be a huge reason. Temple of the Dog IS essentially Chris + Pearl Jam, so they were always on the list. (Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed an additional set billed as PJ ;). Being there, I totally agree it did not feel whole, because the whole remaining TOTD did not perform. Not to in any way slight those who did. Bravo to Stone, Jeff and Matt. But yeah, it was more than Chris who was missing, missing
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • DL136722 said:
    IMetallica, Foos, Bryan Adams but no PJ, just doesn't seem right is all.
    Sorry, I gotta correct you, it was Ryan Adams not Bryan, and he was fantastic.  That is all. 
  • DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 635
    edited January 2019
    My bad,  Ryan, Bryan, you get my point, I edited the post  thanks for the heads up 
    Post edited by DL136722 on
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,444
    DL136722 said:
    I'm sure this has been discussed so I apologize for being late but it is a bit strange that bands performed in honor of Cornell and PJ wasn't one of them. Metallica, Foos, Ryan Adams but no PJ, just doesn't seem right is all.  I mean, before this event was announced and you were planning this, PJ would be the first band on the list just because of the obvious connection and history. Then you'd add Metallica, Foos, etc.. 

As mentioned, I'm sure there's a reason but at the end of the day, just doesn't seem whole that event took place without PJ. Don't get me wrong, from what I read and saw on YouTube, it looked like a great night, I was especially impressed by Taylor Momsen's set with Soundgarden, Drawing Flies and Loud Love were great but PJ should have been part of the event.  Can't say it for sure obviously but if something happened to EV, I'd like to think Soundgarden would've partaken in any event honoring him, I'm probably wrong, we'll never know why I guess but it doesn't seem right is all 
    Hey I am only speculating, but Ed was not an actual member of TOTD.  I think that is why he never showed up at any of the gigs.
    As for the tribute, it was a hollywood made for TV farce. All you need to know is that Miley Cyrus shouted "this is the greatest night of my life." Really? This is a tribute for someone who committed suicide. Complete joke IMHO and borderline insulting.  I hope the charity cashed in BIG TIME. I totally respect Mike and Ed for not being part of it. There may be more to the story, but its none of our business. Its personal.
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Get_Right said:
    DL136722 said:

Hey I am only speculating, but Ed was not an actual member of TOTD.  I think that is why he never showed up at any of the gigs.
    As for the tribute, it was a hollywood made for TV farce. All you need to know is that Miley Cyrus shouted "this is the greatest night of my life." Really? This is a tribute for someone who committed suicide. Complete joke IMHO and borderline insulting.  I hope the charity cashed in BIG TIME. I totally respect Mike and Ed for not being part of it. There may be more to the story, but its none of our business. Its personal.
    Lol
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Get_Right said:
    DL136722 said:

Sure what she said was probably not worded the greatest, but she was on stage and in the moment. She got to sing one of her hero's songs and play with top class musicians. When I heard it I knew there would be backlash, but despite the circumstances it probably was. If you got to perform or even hang out with them backstage that night it would be yours too. People are allowed to pull joy from sad circumstances, thats what the whole night was about.
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • I always thought that was why Ed didn't go to the TOTD gigs too, but Chris did invite Ed to sing on their album, and a strong bond grew from that time on. A tribute is different, people coming together to honor a friend.
    The concert was 5 hours long, no one comment is all you need to know. There were parts I didn't connect with, for sure, but others were very emotionally wrenching, far from a Hollywood farce. My eyebrows were raised for some of the names included, but I was pleasantly surprised in a couple of cases, including Miley. Just to clarify, she said "... Chris. Thank you for bringing us all together like you always have. Its a f...ing honor. This was the f...ing best day." (Not quite the same meaning in context.) "Best" can refer to meaningful, which it was for many. I'm glad I was there. Regardless of the reason(s), I'm so dissappointed that Mike and Ed weren't.
This discussion has been closed.