Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

Comments

• demetrios said:
    Direct download. https://we.tl/t-Jx90n7ubjQ
    Thank you opsopcopolis! 😀

opsopcpolis, thanks for the show! demetrios, thanks for the link!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Thanks for doing that demetrios
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    Wow.  What a fucking show.  Everybody on the stage gave it 200%.  That crowd gave about 10% though...might have been the lamest crowd I have ever been in
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    kramer73 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    It’s a damn shame that Eddie Failed once again to honor Chris.  I really can care less what anyone says about how one grieves. Bottom line is CCs friends, family and band brothers have all made statements, gestures publicly even showed up to this show.  

CC is tied forever to Pearl Jam and their early years with TOTD. Bringing EV in and putting him on the TOTD record. 

Its unbelievably disheartening that EV will stand on stage and publicly pronounce his love for Andy Wood (a man he didn’t know) yet cannot make one comment about CC or honor him at this event. I don’t want to hear about Missing or the version of Black or any of that garbage.  CC as we all know was a music icon and in part responsible for grunge. It would be nice to hear a man who has no issues with proclaiming his love for Tom Petty, Johnny Ramone and Andy wood actually make a statement or publicly say something, anything with regards to CC 

For me, disappointed in EV and its really hard for me to hear his lyrics with the same level of honesty as I once did. 
    Maybe he wasn't invited.
    He mourns in his own way, and has mentioned him at shows.
    The mourning in his own way is crap. CC's daughter was there and sang! 
  • Thank you demetrios  opsopcopolis so much!!! Stoked to have this recording (until they release an official box set)!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    All of you sitting in high and mighty judgement of Ed are assuming he was welcome there last night. Given Chris's mother in law's behavior on Twitter following his death that is not an assumption I would make. The fact is none of us know jack shit about what triggered that. Stop pretending you know intimate details of these people's lives. You don't.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    DEGBTI said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    It’s a damn shame that Eddie Failed once again to honor Chris.  I really can care less what anyone says about how one grieves. Bottom line is CCs friends, family and band brothers have all made statements, gestures publicly even showed up to this show.  

CC is tied forever to Pearl Jam and their early years with TOTD. Bringing EV in and putting him on the TOTD record. 

Its unbelievably disheartening that EV will stand on stage and publicly pronounce his love for Andy Wood (a man he didn’t know) yet cannot make one comment about CC or honor him at this event. I don’t want to hear about Missing or the version of Black or any of that garbage.  CC as we all know was a music icon and in part responsible for grunge. It would be nice to hear a man who has no issues with proclaiming his love for Tom Petty, Johnny Ramone and Andy wood actually make a statement or publicly say something, anything with regards to CC 

For me, disappointed in EV and its really hard for me to hear his lyrics with the same level of honesty as I once did. 
    Maybe he wasn't invited.
    He mourns in his own way, and has mentioned him at shows.
    The mourning in his own way is crap. CC's daughter was there and sang! 
    I don't know why he wasn't there, and frankly it's none of my business.
  • Windermere11Windermere11 Earth Posts: 132
    PJ5a1 said:

It's a damn shame that your lack of knowledge regarding Eddie, has failed you once again.... 
    Thank you Mike!!!

1990 12/22
    1991 2/1,26; 3/1; 5/25; 8/23,29
    1992 1/3,17; 7/22; 9/20
    1993 9/5; 10/25; 12/7,8,9
    1995 6/24; 11/4
    1998 7/10,11,13,14
    2000 10/22,25,28,30
    2003 6/2,3,5,6; 10/28
    2006 7/6,7,9,10,12,13; 11/30; 12/2,9
    2009 9/30; 10/1,6,7,9
    2010 5/1
    2013 11/21,23,24
    2014 10/25
    2016 11/14
    2018 8/8,10
    2021 9/26; 10/1,2
    2022 5/3,6,7
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    edited January 2019
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

I totally feel your frustration, but if you stop for a moment and think, what could the reason be?  There must be a reason.  I'm personally in the camp that it's not really my place to question it, but, to hazard a guess, I think the weight of the situation may just be a bit too much for him.  You have to remember, these frontmen were all held on a very high pedestal, and Ed is the last one still with us, that in itself must be a heavy cross to bear, let alone the grief he's still processing.  What I'm trying to say, is that I don't think his no show is because he doesn't care enough.  Maybe the reason he's been able to do those other tributes is because they weren't quite so close to home.
    I do appreciate what you’re saying and I have thought of that. However, it’s disheartening that everyone but him has shown respect.  And he’s not the last one.  Dave grohl had no issues. I’m sorry - if this were the other way around we know that CC wouldn’t be a no show.  

Again, Tom Petty, Johnny Ramone and Andy Wood all celebrated. Two of those three EV has said publicly how they were like family. He celebrates them. When it comes to CC he’s a no show. 
    Mike McCready wasn’t there either, neither was Tim from Audioslave. Both former bandmates of Chris. Are you going to call them out too, or is this just a shit-on-Ed post?

Ed has always been a private person. Unless any of us know him personally, it’s not really our place to comment on how he deals with his grief.
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    A link to a torrent of my recording: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=640969
    I do not have a direct download version as of right now, but I will try to get one up in the near future.
    Thanks a lot for the upload, but i missed the chance to DL before it got Banned.

Any way to get this?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited January 2019
    demetrios said:

KOOL, THANKS a lot, Demetrios & opsopcopolis.
    Post edited by cutz on
  • rjm240rjm240 Saskatoon, SK, Canada Posts: 18
    demetrios said:

this doesn't appear to be working either :( 

can anyone help?
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    edited March 2019
    Post edited by Sea on
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Haven't heard Miguel mentioned much, but he nailed Reach Down. 

Shoe had it's highlights and lows/slow moments. The parts where people spoke about Chris were really, really hard for me, especially Matt in the beginning and Stone, then Ben and Kim on stage last felt like a final curtain.

Highlights were Seasons, Reach Down, No Attention > Girl U Want, Rusty Cage, Metallica's set, Set it Off, but Show Me How to Live stole the show! Slow moment that comes to mind was Rita Wilson. One of the worst was Juliet Lewis screaming Be Yourself. 

Obviously, if you're a fan of the artist who's gone, no one can live up to them, so it has to be seen as a celebration. Overall, it felt like some catharsis/closure, though this is loss I will never get over. 

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    rjm240 said:
    demetrios said:

this doesn't appear to be working either :( 

can anyone help?
    The wetransfer link is still working.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2019
    Could people please stop Jerry Springering Eddies person and relationship to X or Y in this thread?

He wasn't there period. Was it due to other commitments. Was it due to him having beef with Lars Ulrich. Whatever reason, stop seeing yourself having enough information about anything regarding this to have the gall to question his decisions or reasons. 

That part of the fanbase really need to go to bed and stop talking. It's cringey and embarrassing. Grow up.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • bertanbertan Posts: 266
    dr122931 said:
    JimmyV said:
    All of you sitting in high and mighty judgement of Ed are assuming he was welcome there last night. Given Chris's mother in law's behavior on Twitter following his death that is not an assumption I would make. The fact is none of us know jack shit about what triggered that. Stop pretending you know intimate details of these people's lives. You don't.

This is my thought.   I don’t know any of these people, but I was a huge cornell fan and think he was probably a great guy.  I know he and Eddie were boys and loved each other based on everything that’s been public.  
    That said, some of his wife’s social media posts have seemed pretty disingenuous IMO and his mother in law’s rants have been over the top (several specifically about Eddie).   Who knows, maybe there is tension. I’ve sadley seen close friends and family members have divides over similar issues many times.  For example, I’m not saying it’s the exact same thing, but one of my close friends has a really difficult wife.  Most of us tolerate her, but his best friend can’t stand her and they (the wife and best friend) can’t be in the same room.  If something tragically happened to one of them, there would be some tension as to who is welcome.  They are still best friends, but they don’t celebrate birthdays together and I haven’t seen all these people in the same room in 2-3 years.   Also, I have two relatives who are brothers.  Their wives hate one another.  After the death of their father, the wives barley spoke and attended wake/funeral at mostly separate times.  I watched from afar and it was stupid bullshit.  Last example, but we lost a good friend 2 years ago.   One of his best friends in the world just couldn’t be there because of a family conflict.  Another friend couldn’t deal with it and stayed home.  We all understood and never discussed it because it wasn’t a big deal in our circle.   The same could be true.   Who fucking knows.  

I don’t know these people or if these issues exist, but celebrities have the same complex relationships the rest of us do with best friends and family.  Mrs Cornell and her mother may be wonderful people, but there could be more to this. If my close friend’s mother-in-law called me a dickbag and lousy friend all over social media and my close friend’s wife didn’t put an immediate stop to it, I may be Leary about showing up as well.  Staying quiet and home may be the classy thing to do.  Seems like I saw a post from one of cornell’s daughters at the PJ Seattle show talking about her cool uncles.  So, they’re all doing what they feel is appropriate.  
    Regardless, I’m sure he really misses his friend and is grieving in his own way.  

Or, who knows, maybe he and mike had schedule conflicts with kids or events which just could not be moved. None of these people owe us shit.  Enjoy the music and don’t try to read into who should be where based on your own perceptions. 

Everyone deals with death differently.  I think it’s inappropriate for any outsider to question why or how someone grieves a certain way.  
    This is pretty spot on. I hoped Ed would be there, but didn't really expect him to be. After all those tweets, I'm not even sure if he was invited.
    Honestly, what surprised me was the absence of Mike. I assume he would not miss it if he absolutely did not have to, so I'm hoping it's a scheduling conflict rather than a family issue or an health problem.
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 400
    JimmyV said:
    Hi Jimmy - I am not claiming to know anything other than the fact that he professes his love for Andrew Wood (who he never met), Tom Petty, Johnny Ramone etc... in public at concerts most recently at the home and away shows while single I Wont Back Down with TPs  guitar. Yet he hasn’t said one thing about CC at any show fully aware that 99.9% of his fans love CC. 
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Yes he has. Move on.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Saw a video of miley cyrus doing Say Hello to Heaven.
    It was fantastic, she did awesome
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    People need to put aside their own selfish desire of wanting to see Ed perform. It's friggin embarrassing and brings out the worst in the PJ fan base.  Honestly, what other reason can you have for being so upset that he wasn't there? Are you personally slighted on CC's behalf? We have no idea what he has done privately with Chris' family/kids.  

• dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    Ed is a grown man and can do whatever he wants but imagine if Vegas had a betting line on who would sing Chris songs? Eddie would be like 2-1, Levine 50-1, Miguel 200-1, Miley Cyrus 500-1 (yes I heard she was “amazing” hah) and Juliette Lewis 1000-1. It’s like Bizzaro world. 
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • SB51117SB51117 Posts: 39
    bertan said:
    dr122931 said:
    JimmyV said:

This is my thought.   I don’t know any of these people, but I was a huge cornell fan and think he was probably a great guy.  I know he and Eddie were boys and loved each other based on everything that’s been public.  
    That said, some of his wife’s social media posts have seemed pretty disingenuous IMO and his mother in law’s rants have been over the top (several specifically about Eddie).   Who knows, maybe there is tension. I’ve sadley seen close friends and family members have divides over similar issues many times.  For example, I’m not saying it’s the exact same thing, but one of my close friends has a really difficult wife.  Most of us tolerate her, but his best friend can’t stand her and they (the wife and best friend) can’t be in the same room.  If something tragically happened to one of them, there would be some tension as to who is welcome.  They are still best friends, but they don’t celebrate birthdays together and I haven’t seen all these people in the same room in 2-3 years.   Also, I have two relatives who are brothers.  Their wives hate one another.  After the death of their father, the wives barley spoke and attended wake/funeral at mostly separate times.  I watched from afar and it was stupid bullshit.  Last example, but we lost a good friend 2 years ago.   One of his best friends in the world just couldn’t be there because of a family conflict.  Another friend couldn’t deal with it and stayed home.  We all understood and never discussed it because it wasn’t a big deal in our circle.   The same could be true.   Who fucking knows.  

I don’t know these people or if these issues exist, but celebrities have the same complex relationships the rest of us do with best friends and family.  Mrs Cornell and her mother may be wonderful people, but there could be more to this. If my close friend’s mother-in-law called me a dickbag and lousy friend all over social media and my close friend’s wife didn’t put an immediate stop to it, I may be Leary about showing up as well.  Staying quiet and home may be the classy thing to do.  Seems like I saw a post from one of cornell’s daughters at the PJ Seattle show talking about her cool uncles.  So, they’re all doing what they feel is appropriate.  
    Regardless, I’m sure he really misses his friend and is grieving in his own way.  

Or, who knows, maybe he and mike had schedule conflicts with kids or events which just could not be moved. None of these people owe us shit.  Enjoy the music and don’t try to read into who should be where based on your own perceptions. 

Everyone deals with death differently.  I think it’s inappropriate for any outsider to question why or how someone grieves a certain way.  
    This is pretty spot on. I hoped Ed would be there, but didn't really expect him to be. After all those tweets, I'm not even sure if he was invited.
    Honestly, what surprised me was the absence of Mike. I assume he would not miss it if he absolutely did not have to, so I'm hoping it's a scheduling conflict rather than a family issue or an health problem.
    These posts absolutely hit the nail on the head and also summarise things very eloquently and fairly IMHO - sometimes public silence and private actions speak a whole lot louder.
  • nosajh9nosajh9 Akron, Ohio Posts: 121
    A link to a torrent of my recording: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=640969
    I do not have a direct download version as of right now, but I will try to get one up in the near future.

demetrios said:

Thank you both! Sounds good
    9/22/96 Toledo, OH. 8/26/98 Cuyahoga Falls, OH. 8/21/00 Columbus, OH. 8/25/03 Cleveland, OH. 8/26/03 Pittsburgh, PA. 10/03/04 Grand Rapids, MI. 5/20/06 Cleveland, OH. 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, PA. 6/22/08 Washington, DC. 5/06/10 Columbus, OH. 5/09/10 Cleveland, OH. 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA.
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    mrussel1 said:
    nosajh9 said:
    audio bootleg?

I taped. Will upload this evening most likely 
    YEEEEEEES YOU'RE THE MAN!!!!!
    There is video of the entire show from the first section off the stage.  I would be surprised if there wasn't someone enterprising enough to sync the audio with the video....
    🤔🤔🤔
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    People need to put aside their own selfish desire of wanting to see Ed perform. It's friggin embarrassing and brings out the worst in the PJ fan base.  Honestly, what other reason can you have for being so upset that he wasn't there? Are you personally slighted on CC's behalf? We have no idea what he has done privately with Chris' family/kids.  

I'm with ya. it's odd to be angry, like ed is somehow representing us and he let us down. how ludicrous. 

anyone realize that Chris's brother Peter, also an immensely talented singer/guitarist, wasn't there and performing? He would have been a slam dunk for performing with SG at the end. So there's obviously other shit at play here, and none of it us our business. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    IamTom said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nosajh9 said:
    audio bootleg?

I taped. Will upload this evening most likely 
    YEEEEEEES YOU'RE THE MAN!!!!!
    There is video of the entire show from the first section off the stage.  I would be surprised if there wasn't someone enterprising enough to sync the audio with the video....
    🤔🤔🤔
    Wait, cause more audio and video is a coming ...
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    Adam Levine’s voice on Seasons is ridiculous. That dude can sing. 
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • People need to put aside their own selfish desire of wanting to see Ed perform. It's friggin embarrassing and brings out the worst in the PJ fan base.  Honestly, what other reason can you have for being so upset that he wasn't there? Are you personally slighted on CC's behalf? We have no idea what he has done privately with Chris' family/kids.  

I'm with ya. it's odd to be angry, like ed is somehow representing us and he let us down. how ludicrous. 

anyone realize that Chris's brother Peter, also an immensely talented singer/guitarist, wasn't there and performing? He would have been a slam dunk for performing with SG at the end. So there's obviously other shit at play here, and none of it us our business. 
    I think everyone wondering where a,b,and c were is just natural human behavior unfortunately. Quite honestly it was more wild to hear that really none of Chris’ family was there. But people are right, it is none of our business. We wouldn’t enjoy it if the shoe was on the other foot. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

I think everyone wondering where a,b,and c were is just natural human behavior unfortunately. Quite honestly it was more wild to hear that really none of Chris’ family was there. But people are right, it is none of our business. We wouldn’t enjoy it if the shoe was on the other foot. 
    yes, it is human nature. what's not human nature is the judgment being handed down when they have zero clue what they are talking about. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This discussion has been closed.