New Gillette add "Toxic Masculinity" is causing quite a stir!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mickeyrat said:
    all those fucktards are free to send me their fusion blades. fuckers are expensive but great.
    Way better than Dollar shave or Harry's.  Fusions are the shit.  
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    They should have done something super original like hiring Kaep as their spokesperson. That'll get the young'ens attention!

Gillette has been ripping the consumer off for over 100 years with overpriced products.  Maybe they should do a commercial where all the old white men that have been running the company in the past reflect on that.  
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I use Bic single blade razors, not overpriced at all!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    PJ_Soul said:
    A man who is offended by that isn't much of a man.
    I've always considered myself half a man.
    While this doesn't offend me, ITS A RAZOR COMMERCIALLLLLLLLLLL.
    I raise my son not to be a bully, ITS A RAZOR COMMERCIALLLLLLL.
    I respect women, its a razor...sorry.

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    edited January 2019
    The d̶e̶p̶l̶o̶r̶a̶b̶l̶e̶s̶ snowflakes are mad.

Post edited by Smellyman on
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Malroth said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Which half?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Fusions are decent but I think cartridge razors in general kinda suck. Best blades I’ve ever used right here:

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    all those fucktards are free to send me their fusion blades. fuckers are expensive but great.
    Way better than Dollar shave or Harry's.  Fusions are the shit.  
    I use them too. Women's razors are trash compared to Fusions.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Malroth said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm not sure how this relates to what I said.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,423
    I think some folks are taking this personally.....

does the shoe fit? break them fuckers in then......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    yeah.  If this ad makes you upset than you are probably the problem
    PJ_Soul said:
    Malroth said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm not sure how this relates to what I said.
    I'm not either =)
    mickeyrat said:
    I think some folks are taking this personally.....

does the shoe fit? break them fuckers in then......
    Some folk take everything personally.
    Smellyman said:
    yeah.  If this ad makes you upset than you are probably the problem
      You mean, If you do the things descripted in this ad you may be the problem
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Gillette cares about $$$$.  This is a commercial designed to sell overpriced products, that's all.  If the commercial/ad were to fall flat they will not keep running because they care, they will pull the ad.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Gillette cares about $$$$.  This is a commercial designed to sell overpriced products, that's all.  If the commercial/ad were to fall flat they will not keep running because they care, they will pull the ad.
    This is a very simplistic view.  Sure companies want to make $.  They like positive press.  But plenty of companies spend lots of $ on stuff that doesn't make them $.  The demonizing of companies and the workplace is awful.
    hippiemom = goodness
    This is a very simplistic view.  Sure companies want to make $.  They like positive press.  But plenty of companies spend lots of $ on stuff that doesn't make them $.  The demonizing of companies and the workplace is awful.
    No, it's not, if the ad flops, they will pull it...corporations only care about money.  Gillette is just a well-marketed company selling overpriced stuff.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    sent from iPhone
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    No, it's not, if the ad flops, they will pull it...corporations only care about money.  Gillette is just a well-marketed company selling overpriced stuff.
    I get a year's supply of Silver Blues for $10.
    Ok, companies shouldn't make $.  Got it.  And if they do anything else they do doesn't matter.  

hippiemom = goodness
    rgambs said:
    Same here.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Ok, companies shouldn't make $.  Got it.  And if they do anything else they do doesn't matter.  

I never said companies can not make money, I am saying marketing campaign that they think will increase revenues.  These companies do not care about people, just money.
    Give Peas A Chance…

I never said companies can not make money, I am saying marketing campaign that they think will increase revenues.  These companies do not care about people, just money.
    Alrighty then, we can't have a rational discussion about this.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    rgambs said:
    Same here.
    Something would go traumatically wrong for me if I tried to use a single blade disposable or a silver blue.

As far as Gillette, I think they know a few things and geared this ad towards that knowledge.  Whether it's successful like Nike is yet to be seen:
    1. Millenials are the single largest adult group in this country now (this surprised me but I saw it in a few places... what happened to us Xers??)
    2. Millenials are drawn to companies that are socially conscious.  This is different than the "shut up and sing" generation.  
    3. Women buy more of these products, both for themselves, and for their partners than men.  

So I think men were the subject of the ad, not the target. 
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    “At P&G, We do not test our products or ingredients on animals anywhere in the world unless required by law. This means they test on animals to sell to foreign markets like China, etc. boycottpg
    Gillette Engaged in Deceptive Made in USA Marketing According to Ad Watchdog TINA.org

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/01/23/1299266/0/en/Gillette-Engaged-in-Deceptive-Made-in-USA-Marketing-According-to-Ad-Watchdog-TINA-org.html

Profits good.  Locating in countries and paying decent wages bad.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Gillette Engaged in Deceptive Made in USA Marketing According to Ad Watchdog TINA.org

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/01/23/1299266/0/en/Gillette-Engaged-in-Deceptive-Made-in-USA-Marketing-According-to-Ad-Watchdog-TINA-org.html

This is stupid.  P&G has regional manufacturing.  They generally produce the products for the region in that region.  The Boston Gillette facility is quite large and employee a great deal of people.  P&G has manufacturing facilities all over the US for the North American market.  

If you are in the US, most of the products you buy have been manufactured in NA.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

why does everything have to turn into raking everyone over the coals? I don't give a shit, in this discussion, what gillette does or doesn't do. it's a good message. is it marketing? of course, but that doesn't take away from the message it sends and how it may inspire people. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gillette Engaged in Deceptive Made in USA Marketing According to Ad Watchdog TINA.org

why does everything have to turn into raking everyone over the coals? I don't give a shit, in this discussion, what gillette does or doesn't do. it's a good message. is it marketing? of course, but that doesn't take away from the message it sends and how it may inspire people. 
    But Nike, but Apple, but Hilary's emails, but Trumps collusion...

I understand @HughFreakingDillon but we are on the 2nd page so it's about time for this thread to take a shit south now, lol.

I know of one person that had an issue and publicly posted it.  Anyone else see any real outrage besides am anonymous comment or twitter post?

But Nike, but Apple, but Hilary's emails, but Trumps collusion...

I understand @HughFreakingDillon but we are on the 2nd page so it's about time for this thread to take a shit south now, lol.

I know of one person that had an issue and publicly posted it.  Anyone else see any real outrage besides am anonymous comment or twitter post?
    which is weird.  Anecdotally I don't know anybody with an issue with the ad, but it has way more dislikes than likes on youtube and all other social media.  Are the right wing/russian bots doing this or are there that many deplorables and I just don't know any?