Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

Comments

• THETONYCLIFTONTHETONYCLIFTON SAN LUIS OBISPO Posts: 153
    Anyone have a pair on the cheap? Found a ride!! 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited January 2019
    Wow. Instagram Live, Ryan Adams posted his rehearsal of Dead Wishes right now. Wow. 

And now Fell on Black Days!
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    TH113769 said:
    This lineup addition sucks ass.  I would have never paid to see Hannah Montana.  Oh well, at least my money went to EB.
    Never heard of Miguel or Chris Stapleton, and I cant figure out what Chris Cornell song Ziggy Marley’s style would fit.
    CC and his daughter performed Redemption Song a few years back.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Wow. Instagram Live, Ryan Adams posted his rehearsal of Dead Wishes right now. Wow. 

And now Fell on Black Days!
    That arrangement on FOBD is really cool.
  • halvhalv Posts: 675
    Anyone have a pair on the cheap? Found a ride!! 
    I’ve got two for sale less than half price. Section 213. Row 5.  $250 for both. I paid $584. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    MEK42 said:
    So honestly, guys, what are the odds that Eddie comes out and performs anything during the show? 
    Thought it was good before (especially when I saw the EB Foundation was one of the charities).  Now with all these performers, not so sure.
    Yep. Looks like Brandi Carlile will be helping out on Hunger Strike.

• demetrios said:
    MEK42 said:
    So honestly, guys, what are the odds that Eddie comes out and performs anything during the show? 
    Thought it was good before (especially when I saw the EB Foundation was one of the charities).  Now with all these performers, not so sure.
    Yep. Looks like Brandi Carlile will be helping out on Hunger Strike.

Chris Stapleton and Brandi Carlile singing Hunger Strike will be perfect. I wonder if she’ll sing any other TOTD, I think she could do  Say Hello 2  Heaven  justice. 
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Oh man I’m excited.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    edited January 2019
    If brandi carlile and Chris Stapleton perform hunger strike that means Ed won't be on stage. Hopefully he does something...no disrespect meant to those artists.
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • If brandi carlile and Chris Stapleton perform hunger strike that means Ed won't be on stage. Hopefully he does something...no disrespect meant to those artists.
    I don’t think he was ever gonna do it, I think he’d find it way too hard to sing it with someone other than Chris now that he’s gone. 
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    If brandi carlile and Chris Stapleton perform hunger strike that means Ed won't be on stage. Hopefully he does something...no disrespect meant to those artists.
    I don’t think he was ever gonna do it, I think he’d find it way too hard to sing it with someone other than Chris now that he’s gone. 
    Agreed. While I really wanted him to be there I never really expected it. It’s not about Ed, it’s about celebrating Chris
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Any word on live streaming for those thousands of miles away?
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    Any news on Ed being a show or no show?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Ed was never on the bill so you can't really call it a "no show" if he isn't there 
    The assumption is he will not be there
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    Ed is not going to be there per very reputable sources.  Should be a great evening though.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I hope RA does studio versions of those tracks. They sound great. 
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Wow am I glad I didnt get tickets for this. I’m sure it will be fun for all going but I have to say it feels a lot different since first announced. Adam Levine?? No thanks. 
  • I've got 2 side stage tickets for the Chris Cornell tribute show tonight.  Face value.  Can send through ticketmaster or can meet at the Forum. DM me, if interested.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Wow am I glad I didnt get tickets for this. I’m sure it will be fun for all going but I have to say it feels a lot different since first announced. Adam Levine?? No thanks. 
    You'll have regrets tomorrow.
  • Adam Levine....?

... what
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • nosajh9nosajh9 Akron, Ohio Posts: 121
    is this going to be streamed?
    9/22/96 Toledo, OH. 8/26/98 Cuyahoga Falls, OH. 8/21/00 Columbus, OH. 8/25/03 Cleveland, OH. 8/26/03 Pittsburgh, PA. 10/03/04 Grand Rapids, MI. 5/20/06 Cleveland, OH. 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, PA. 6/22/08 Washington, DC. 5/06/10 Columbus, OH. 5/09/10 Cleveland, OH. 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    kinda weird Ed will not be there? Both friends, made music together, shared the same band mates. Seems a no brainer for him to go. Really no way to spin it, he should be a speaker, special guest or something. Am I missing something? Adam Lavine, Miley Cirus but no Eddie.

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    nosajh9 said:
    is this going to be streamed?
    not officially, and no ones knows.  I'm sure people will stream it somehow.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Nights like tonight are why I'm glad cell phones are allowed into concerts.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    DEGBTI said:
    kinda weird Ed will not be there? Both friends, made music together, shared the same band mates. Seems a no brainer for him to go. Really no way to spin it, he should be a speaker, special guest or something. Am I missing something? Adam Lavine, Miley Cirus but no Eddie.

Maybe it would be too difficult for him. We may never know the reason, but I'm sure there was a good one. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 537
    it is odd Ed won't show considering he is ok with those Hollywood types now & how many random people are showing for this event. Maybe there's some behind the scene stuff going on that we don't know about since he missed the funeral. the absence just creates more questions.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Wow am I glad I didnt get tickets for this. I’m sure it will be fun for all going but I have to say it feels a lot different since first announced. Adam Levine?? No thanks. 
    It's one artist among many decent ones.  I'm not a fan either, but I know he's a huge fan of Chris'  - he did a cover of Seasons after Chris died.  That said, I hope they've reserved a song as sublime as Seasons for a more worthy singer.
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,620

As a reminder from the EV solo show in London in 2017 I was at:

Sometimes it’s hard to concentrate these days. I was thinking about the history of this building and the Bowie history. So I started to think about that and my mind began to wander. It’s not a good.So I haven’t really been talking about some things and I kind of … now it feels like it’s conspicuous because I lost a really close friend of mine, somebody who …I’ll say this too, I grew up as four boys, four brothers and I lost my brother two years ago tragically like that in an accident and after that and losing a few other people, I’m not good at it, meaning I’m not…I have not been willing to accept the reality and that’s just how I’m dealing with it.No, no, no, no …So I want to be there for the family, be there for the community, be there for my brothers in my band, certainly the brothers in his band. But these things will take time but my friend is going to be gone forever and I will just have to …These things take time and I just want to send this out to everyone who was affected by it and they all back home and here appreciate it so deeply the support and the good thoughts of a man who was a … you know he wasn’t just a friend he was someone I looked up to like my older brother.About two days after the news, I think it was the second night we were sleeping in this little cabin near the water, a place he would’ve loved. And all these memories started coming in about 1:30 a.m. like woke me up. Like big memories, memories I would think about all the time. Like the memories were big muscles.And then I couldn’t stop the memories. And trying to sleep it was like if the neighbors had the music playing and you couldn’t stop it. But then it was fine because then it got into little memories. It just kept going and going and going. And I realized how lucky I was to have hours worth of … you know if each of these memories was quick and I had hours of them. How fortunate was I? And I didn’t want to be sad, wanted to be grateful not sad.I’m still thinking about those memories and I will live with those memories in my heart and I will love him forever.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

This discussion has been closed.