NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Watched the 1st 2 epidoses of Derry Girls, pretty funny.

https://youtu.be/UFmFuXH0IRY
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    My wife and I were watching the Ellen Degenerus stand up special last night. Camera pans to the crowd and who do we see laughing their asses off? Edward Vedder and Jill McCormick. 

The show was not that great. My wife liked it though. 
    I didn't make it far enough into it to see that. I found it not funny at all. Made me surprised she's had a show this long on TV.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Watched the Canadian series Bad Blood.
    Enjoyed it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Late on this one, but halfway through Mindhunter season 1.  That first episode was rough to get through but it has really picked up since then.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    Late on this one, but halfway through Mindhunter season 1.  That first episode was rough to get through but it has really picked up since then.
    That is a great show. I can't wait for season 2.
    I am also dying for a new season of Manhunt. The first season for that, about the Unabomber, was also awesome.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Velvet Buzzsaw. Looks quirky and good. Like the roles Gyllenhal has been taking lately.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdAR-lK43YU
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Velvet Buzzsaw. Looks quirky and good. Like the roles Gyllenhal has been taking lately.
    Yeah, that looks awesome. And I am pretty much a Gyllenhal megafan.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Finally got around to Bird Box. I’m tired of these M Night Shamalamadongdong style bullshit movies. 
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Checked out dumplin tonight. Superb writing.
    ”as far as I’m concerned a bathing suit body is a body with a bathing suit on it.”
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Watched Homecoming with Julia Roberts on amazon prime a couple weeks ago.  I really liked it.  Pretty wild story.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Finally got around to Bird Box. I’m tired of these M Night Shamalamadongdong style bullshit movies. 
    that's hilarious. I have called him Shalamalamadingdong for years. 

and bird box was great in concept, the end was a major let down. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

You. My wife insists it's something high school kids would watch. being a guy who hates all or most of that type of stuff, and I enjoy this, I'm not so sure. 

maybe it's the weed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2019
    You. My wife insists it's something high school kids would watch. being a guy who hates all or most of that type of stuff, and I enjoy this, I'm not so sure. 

maybe it's the weed. 
    I loved this show!! It was completely mesmerizing. I watched the whole thing in one day. :lol:
    I'd say the content does not seem like high school shit at all. It's really too dark and sexual for that, no? In any case, every adult I know who has watched it loved it. I mean, nothing is loved by everyone, so some must not like it, but there is definitely something about this show. I think it's how well they managed to give us an anti-hero so effectively. Like they did with Dexter and Breaking Bad and House of Cards. You are totally helpless against rooting for the bad guy.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Watched "You" this weekend.  Each episode made you want to watch the next one right away.   A lot of his crimes though were in the open and someone should have seen something.  The show paints him as having some redeeming qualities but there is nothing in him that is good.  He is just grooming his protégé in Paco (I'm assuming).  I was hoping that Peach would be more competition. 
  • I'm gonna push GAME NIGHT again.

Watch it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PJ_Soul said:
    He was at his best in Bubble Boy.
    There isn't an Amazon Prime thread, so here will do. I've started watching The First. So far it is very good.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    I saw the first four episodes of Murder Mountain yesterday and it was interesting..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    23scidoo said:
    I saw the first four episodes of Murder Mountain yesterday and it was interesting..
    Same, I watched all six episodes over the weekend. Drooling half the time.
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    There isn't an Amazon Prime thread, so here will do. I've started watching The First. So far it is very good.
    Finished this in one day because I'm home sick in bed. I really liked it a LOT ... probably not for everyone. It is full on drama, slow at times. It is not at all science fiction or action or anything like that. It is about the lives of people on Earth as they go through the years leading up to a planned mission to Mars.
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    He was at his best in Bubble Boy.
    Crazy talk!
    PJ_Soul said:
    Start one.

Netflix just announced the biggest price hike of its streaming era.

The Associated Press reported Tuesday that U.S. subscribers will see their monthly rates climb by 13 percent to 18 percent — that largest increase since Netflix launched its streaming service more than a decade ago.

The service’s most popular plan will see the largest rate hike, from $11 to $13 (this is an HD feed that includes up to two devices). The least expensive plan is going from $8 to $9 per month, while the ultra-HD 4K plan is going from $14 to $16. “We change pricing from time to time as we continue investing in great entertainment and improving the overall Netflix experience,” the company said in a statement.

The Associated Press reported Tuesday that U.S. subscribers will see their monthly rates climb by 13 percent to 18 percent — that largest increase since Netflix launched its streaming service more than a decade ago.

The service’s most popular plan will see the largest rate hike, from $11 to $13 (this is an HD feed that includes up to two devices). The least expensive plan is going from $8 to $9 per month, while the ultra-HD 4K plan is going from $14 to $16. “We change pricing from time to time as we continue investing in great entertainment and improving the overall Netflix experience,” the company said in a statement.

it makes sense, really. with all of their original content, i don't have an issue with this. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

it makes sense, really. with all of their original content, i don't have an issue with this. 
    I do.  $11.7 billion in revenue, $559 million in net income.  They don't need to raise prices.

I do.  $11.7 billion in revenue, $559 million in net income.  They don't need to raise prices.
    depends if they plan on doing more original movies, especially big budget ones. $559 M doesn't go a long way if that's part of the plan. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited January 2019
    Netflix is a bargain.  Especially if you have the time to watch several series each month.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    Netflix is a bargain.  Especially if you have the time to watch several series each month.
    100% agree.  Between Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, you can get all you need for less than $50 a month. 

depends if they plan on doing more original movies, especially big budget ones. $559 M doesn't go a long way if that's part of the plan. 
    I guess my argument was a little pre-emptive.  I just read that they'd racked up $22 billion in debt by the end of 2017 as a result of producing original content & securing the rights to more content & distribution, and recently planned to raise another $2B in debt to fund new content.  $6.5B of this is long term debt.  Maybe they need to slow down on the original stuff.  Most of it is crap anyway.

Me neither. I can't believe people have a problem with this - it is still SO cheap for what you get.