Options

Analog Subscriptions

2»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,729
    Get rid of it all-(Santos you are not allowed to vote )
    My question is: why even keep an analog option now? Analog means(meant) that you get a physical vinyl copy of the single instead of just digital. So it makes absolutely no sense now (and absolutely not worth it too).
    My renewal was in december, so I have plenty of time to see what happens (if anything happens, really), but as things are now, I'm not even going to renew at digital level. I hope the two singles they owe us show up before 2025.
    Maybe they'll send analog members Kodak snapshots of the band. 

But seriously, I agree, an Analog membership as it stands now is meaningless. 

And the no-show singles?  Somebody fell asleep at the wheel here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Keep the vinyl album and Deep magazine
    PJ_Soul said:
    "Vinyl album"? Do you mean the single? Or are you maybe talking about the Vault?? If they increased the analog subscription amount to, say, $100 USD (for international - say $75 USD for Americans), took away the membership t-shirt or whatever and deep mag (they already took away the vinyl single), and made the annual Vault release the one and only membership item (including shipping of course), plus the other existing benefits we all already get with the analog membership, I'd pay for that.... assuming the quality of the Vault was at least maintained, and hopefully improved. And that they actually sent it out reliably, every year, and put actual care into it.
    Though in a way it's no concern for me, as I'll almost certainly go to digital with the single gone, I do hope that they don't jack up the fee for the Analog membership (and make it even more ridiculous for those not in the US) and include the Vault packages. I was never interested in a physical copy of those, though I sometimes downloaded the MP3 version with my coupon. So including that package will make it even less interesting to me.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Get rid of it all-(Santos you are not allowed to vote )
    they could never reduce fees.  once a revenue stream like that is in place, any reduction will hurt the bottom line.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Keep the vinyl album and Deep magazine
    vaggar99 said:
    they could never reduce fees.  once a revenue stream like that is in place, any reduction will hurt the bottom line.
    Metallica did it. I know what you're saying, but it is possible. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    Keep the vinyl album only
    vaggar99 said:
    maybe this this is why green disease has only been played 10 times in the last 10 years...

where they have more,...
    still they take more

we can scream,.. out our doors
    behind the wall a fat man snores

well i guess
    there's nothing wrong with what you say
    but don't sell me,
    'there can't be better ways'

G-R-E-E-D..... G-R-E-E-D
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    my_wave said:
    vaggar99 said:
    maybe this this is why green disease has only been played 10 times in the last 10 years...

where they have more,...
    still they take more

we can scream,.. out our doors
    behind the wall a fat man snores

well i guess
    there's nothing wrong with what you say
    but don't sell me,
    'there can't be better ways'

G-R-E-E-D..... G-R-E-E-D
    Just keep in mind that they aren't making very much in album sales these days! ;-)
  • Options
    BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    Keep the vinyl album and the t-shirt
    Keep GA tickets and I’m happy.  GA tix are worth the $40 a year.  
    But can't you get GA tickets with the $20 Digital membership?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Banjo said:
    Keep GA tickets and I’m happy.  GA tix are worth the $40 a year.  
    But can't you get GA tickets with the $20 Digital membership?
    Yes you can.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    I agree with most of the comments.   Analog loses it's teeth without the single.   Previously I don't think the 10c made money on the extra $20/$30 they charged for analog.  Tshirt and Single/Newsletter plus the costs for two separate mailings probably eats up that money.    The gravy for the 10c is probably on the first $20 (digital or analog) not the additional $20/$30.  I suppose that changes without the single.

I'll go to digital as I don't want to lose my seniority.   If I were a newer member I might be tempted to only renew when tour rumours spark up.  Similar to what I do with other fan clubs when I want access to their fan club presales.  Especially since anyone can go for GA, and giant stadium pits have decent odds at getting GA.