Analog Subscriptions

Options---maybe my options, but options nonetheless.  This poll presumes that we might have the option to keep a portion of the analog subscription.

Analog Subscriptions 80 votes

Keep the vinyl album only
25%
jeffbrmy_wavedisilluzionrjwhite19lolobuggredsfan1kenshuntLukinFanSidnumjoemorr88Tim SimmonsDavid.Narwhaljoberschlakebrewdog123antares434huntersthompsonwhoanelly15DoDaFooChadplamBlack,red,yellow 20 votes
Keep the Deep magazine only
1%
bootlegger10 1 vote
Keep the t-shirt only
1%
MRMACPHISTO75 1 vote
Keep the vinyl album and Deep magazine
21%
AmishGuy91EdVedder_1nalyd61zpalffyiOnlyownMymindlejarmap138B-Girloriginalspy photographySmokeyFrogBubbaBF25394jeff2040PSUS2Htempo_n_groovenicothedogPopmartijnJBC7913 17 votes
Keep the vinyl album and the t-shirt
28%
igotid88floyd11554reisgerichtPJINFLAon2legsHollisBrownGetRight13dannyNamiscrappysatticCW55354RhinoJamManUnitedAbe FromanGreatplainsman...BanjomayerdGarasaurasjunkyardJojoRice 23 votes
Keep the Deep magazine and the t-shirt
8%
nooramRoeghmannbrainofeD-RodNSLjxchamb1lukemil33 7 votes
Get rid of it all-(Santos you are not allowed to vote )
13%
2-feign-reluctancerockpantsdrummerboy_73smile6680vaggar99lemon2pledgeagrievanceHesCalledDyerbrianluxbuck502000aurelgugus 11 votes

Comments

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,296
    Again? 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Keep it all is missing! lol
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited January 2019
    "Vinyl album"? Do you mean the single? Or are you maybe talking about the Vault?? If they increased the analog subscription amount to, say, $100 USD (for international - say $75 USD for Americans), took away the membership t-shirt or whatever and deep mag (they already took away the vinyl single), and made the annual Vault release the one and only membership item (including shipping of course), plus the other existing benefits we all already get with the analog membership, I'd pay for that.... assuming the quality of the Vault was at least maintained, and hopefully improved. And that they actually sent it out reliably, every year, and put actual care into it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 846
    edited January 2019
    NewJPage said:
    Again? 
    I looked and didn't see that a poll had been done on this--even though this one is a bit tongue in cheek

kce8 said:
    Keep it all is missing! lol
    Presumed that they had to dump something....  :)
    PJ_Soul said:
    "Vinyl album"? Do you mean the single? Or are you maybe talking about the Vault?? If they increased the analog subscription amount to, say, $100 USD (for international - say $75 USD for Americans), took away the membership t-shirt or whatever and deep mag (they already took away the vinyl single), and made the annual Vault release the one and only membership item (including shipping of course), plus the other existing benefits we all already get with the analog membership, I'd pay for that.... assuming the quality of the Vault was at least maintained, and hopefully improved. And that they actually sent it out reliably, every year, and put actual care into it.
    I actually love this idea...most of us are ponying up for the Vault anyway...I would absolutely pay for that...I agree with you that they would have to at least maintain the quality....
    Post edited by huntersthompson on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,136
    I'd like to see a total overhaul TMR style!
    www.cluthelee.com
    I don't think anyone is invested enough for that kind of thing TBH. They aren't even getting what they've got going on now done, so them ramping up to anything close to TMR Vault levels seems a complete impossibility. Also, they don't have enough material for that kind of thing. TMR Vault covers many different artists, plus Jack White, plus Jack White's 3 bands to play with. I don't know if 10C could do the same just with PJ + their side projects.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,986
    The single was the only reason to be analog. Without the single this is purely an advance ticket membership. 
    Although I do like the idea of charging $75 and getting the vault too. But just seems like every year more things fall through, so just strip it down to basic membership for tickets still might be the best option (but then they'd have to actually play shows).
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    Yeah, I really only want the vinyl. The mag is nice, but other than that Shuss issue, its a read once and put away type thing. 

I'm pushing for analog to be $75-$100 and include the vault. Or if they go the quarterly TMR route , just start pressing shows that have bootlegs available (from 2000 on) and have the Vault separate like it is now. But that will probably be $400 a year or something. 

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,375
    mace1229 said:
    The single was the only reason to be analog. Without the single this is purely an advance ticket membership. 
    Although I do like the idea of charging $75 and getting the vault too. But just seems like every year more things fall through, so just strip it down to basic membership for tickets still might be the best option (but then they'd have to actually play shows).
    Even if it wasn’t part of the fan club/ticket access, if they did adopt a TMR style system even if its just for vaults, I’d like that. But subscriptions are all about the perks... not sure they can handle 4 vaults a year or whatever the amoun
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • My option wouldn't be on the list...

I would recommend:
    Digital Only Yearly Single
    Digital Only Deep Magazine
    Membership Access to T-Shirt or some other tangible club exclusive (I was thinking this could be on an ad-hoc basis, but I realize the trick is making enough of whatever the physical exclusive is, not knowing how many people would redeem for it, and that would probably just cause more problems)

I love Vinyl.  I love physical objects, but I realize that the processes involved in making those physical is probably a huge extra effort, especially for the vinyl.  I'd be alright just keeping these things and having them be digital only if it meant we still got to keep them.

Perhaps there can be some physical thing that can be a club exclusive every year that membership gives you access to, but doesn't have to always be a T-Shirt.  And I don't just mean a discount on something in the store, but something just for the yearly members. Mike McCreedy custom made Guitar Picks, Boom Custom Made Hair Tie, Stone Custom Made Coffee Mug (with pre-stained bottom), Jeff custom made trucker hat, Eddie custom designed corduroy jacket (i kid), etc.  If it changed every year would that bring back some passion in what the club does for the fans that year?

Just spitballing.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,624
    Keep GA tickets and I’m happy.  GA tix are worth the $40 a year.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't think anyone is invested enough for that kind of thing TBH. They aren't even getting what they've got going on now done, so them ramping up to anything close to TMR Vault levels seems a complete impossibility. Also, they don't have enough material for that kind of thing. TMR Vault covers many different artists, plus Jack White, plus Jack White's 3 bands to play with. I don't know if 10C could do the same just with PJ + their side projects.
    My wishful wish! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    :sleepy:
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, aside from not being able to afford 4 Vaults a year, I really have zero interest in getting  a bunch of Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, Glen Hansard, and artists from Hockeytalker Vaults. No offense to those artists, but again, Pearl Jam fan club. Third Man is a record label, not a fan club for a single artist. Huge difference between their & Ten Club’s operations. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    im ok with what ever..be a part of pj community is the most important..and i like to be here in the forum .from the moment we can talk here,meet people,im good.i made friends for life via this forum share experrience and all..i m happy and greatful for it.
    rest are stuff..im cool with shirt and vinyl,deep magazine ,i like them but isnt that important..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    im ok with what ever..be a part of pj community is the most important..and i like to be here in the forum .from the moment we can talk here,meet people,im good.i made friends for life via this forum share experrience and all..i m happy and greatful for it.
    rest are stuff..im cool with shirt and vinyl,deep magazine ,i like them but isnt that important..

edited January 2019
    I am also okay with whatever... though I'm not okay with people being renewed for an analog membership without any update on what in the world they're now even paying for. That this is happening really bothers me, even though I'm not an analog member anymore. It just seems really wrong, and kind of makes me question where 10C's at when it comes to how they treat the paying members/customers.... I hope they have some kind of plan to remedy this or make up for it... Like maybe have a nice surprise up their sleeve.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am also okay with whatever... though I'm not okay with people being renewed for an analog membership without any update on what in the world they're now even paying for. That this is happening really bothers me, even though I'm not an analog member anymore. It just seems really wrong, and really makes me question where 10C's at when it comes to how they treat the paying members/customers.
    Agreed. They need to get on this, as I'm sure analog auto-renewals are happening daily.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,498
    Updated my credit card info for analog renewal next month.

I fear change. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

Because members have various renewal dates, not all aligned on a calendar cycle, this should have been an immediate one time announcement with all info included. it is not professional to release a whisper only to soften the blow when difficult news follows. they should have just waited till they had a full detailed membership package roll-out.

• bonebone Posts: 493
    edited January 2019
    Jbarker said:

Because members have various renewal dates, not all aligned on a calendar cycle, this should have been an immediate one time announcement with all info included. it is not professional to release a whisper only to soften the blow when difficult news follows. they should have just waited till they had a full detailed membership package roll-out.

Like this?

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205285910-Membership-Levels

Granted, it should have been a part of the email notice as well as the email was a little thin on details.  

1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,072
    My favourite was the old school member ship.  Tickets/Single/Magazine.   When they created Analog I didn't really need the shirt and mp3 code.

Given that the single is cancelled.   I'm happy with digital (unless they come up with a cool replacement for the vinyl)
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,762
    bone said:
    Jbarker said:

Like this?

Granted, it should have been a part of the email notice as well as the email was a little thin on details.  

That doesn't necessarily mean anything.  It was an immediate ass covering for anyone that might add a new membership.  They could change the details at any point.  When they announced they were cancelling the single it made sense to not be confusing and keep it listed as a benefit. 

That being said, I would not be shocked to see almost nothing added or changed for a while.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

bone said:
    Jbarker said:

Like this?

Yeah, that's weak on their part. Just be transparent, leave nothing to assumption or guessing. If the only thing that's changing is the 45 is gone, then $40 is too much IMO for the remaining items.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited January 2019
    More info needed from ten club to make a good decision.At this point it doesn’t seem worth staying analog.
    Main reason for being analog in the first place is the 45 hence the classification “analog”.

Looking forward to a follow up memo that should have came straight away.
    I like the comment previously that we gave PJ an interest free loan for two years and counting.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,296
    RobbyD462 said:
    More info needed from ten club to make a good decision.At this point it doesn’t seem worth staying analog.
    Main reason for being analog in the first place is the 45 hence the classification “analog”.

Looking forward to a follow up memo that should have came straight away.
    I like the comment previously that we gave PJ an interest free loan for two years and counting.
    Don't hold your breath on follow up. 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    instead of tshirts, they could bring back the socks.  Stone likes the socks.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I liked paying $10 and getting tickets and a 45. I know it's not the '90s anymore, but simpler times.

I don't care about DEEP, I don't use the download codes because I am analog, right? And I have plenty of shirts.

The single was the only reason I paid extra for analog. I will go digital to keep my seniority for tickets.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Get rid of it all and make all memberships $10.  We're all grown up now and have enough stuff that gets looked at a few time and then stuck on a shelf.  And for those who still feel they need more stuff, there's always the Pearl Jam shop.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited January 2019
    My question is: why even keep an analog option now? Analog means(meant) that you get a physical vinyl copy of the single instead of just digital. So it makes absolutely no sense now (and absolutely not worth it too).
    My renewal was in december, so I have plenty of time to see what happens (if anything happens, really), but as things are now, I'm not even going to renew at digital level. I hope the two singles they owe us show up before 2025.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on