******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    When Lutz gagged the FG giving the Eagles the ball at the 42, thought for sure they were going to pull it out again. Sucks that statistically Foles gets charged with that INT, couldn't have thrown it any better. The dude is a money QB...when the games really count he's cool as a cuke...gonna get paid big next season somewhere.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    while disappointed in a big missed opportunity it's hard to be too upset with this team. they really gutted it out with all the injuries during the season and especially in this game.  my god we had a defensive back in there i never heard of at one point in this game.  kind of crazy Cox and Bennett came back in this game after their injuries. Apparently Jeffery had cracked ribs as well.   Kelce talking possible retirement. going to be a lot of changes next year it looks like.

Graham not securing that fumble hurt. would have been at least 17-0 at that point if he can pick that up.

If you had told me the Birds would only score 14 I would have thought they'd lose by about 20.  If you had told me the Saints would only score 20 I would have thought the Birds would have won.

for all the NFL is trying to protect the players the Eagles had about 9 knee, foot and ankle injuries in the 2 games in the Superdome this year. maybe time to stop with astroturf in the NFL?

4 best teams (and the 4 best QBs) have moved on.  while sucks not the Birds should be great games next week.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    pjhawks said:

4 best teams (and the 4 best QBs) have moved on.  while sucks not the Birds should be great games next week.
    Jared Goff is a top 4 QB? top 10 maybe, but top 4, no.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Damn. It was a nice ride. Thanks Nick.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    pjhawks said:

top 4 this past weekend. 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    They made lemonade out of lemons with this season. All the best to Nick - if they won the Super Bowl again then I'd be down with moving Wentz, because I don't know how you let him walk at that point.

As said above - when the kicker missed that FG I thought holy shit this going to happen again. I think Ertz said last night that Jeffery makes that catch 999.999 times out of 1,000,000. It was a good run, team is set up for the future, got the best GM in the league. Nothing to be too negative about here.

Go Andy.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Unfortunately it fit the plot of the other blown leads this year: offense got too one dimensional in second half and defense went into a way too soft zone. Kinda felt like a slow motion version of the Titans and Panthers games. Shame. Tons of injuries, untimely turnovers. Wasn't meant to be. Hell of a run though. Feel sorry for Alshon. Apparently he was playing with broken ribs?

^Yep....I thought it was meant to be after the missed kick too. 

Jags or Broncos for Nick? Please god, don't let him go to the Skins or Giants

All in all, it was a valiant defense of the championship. GO BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

top 4 this past weekend. 
    Debatable. Rivers (though he didn't look it yesterday) is better I think, and Luck is better. Obviously they were playing better QBs and only one could move on from each game, but I'd put Goff no higher than 6 out of the 8 who played this weekend, maybe 7 behind Foles at least in the playoffs. Dak is a distant 8.

Jags or Broncos for Nick? Please god, don't let him go to the Skins or Giants
    Flacco to Jags, Foles to Skins, Giants stick with Eli (LOL), Broncos wait for the 2020 draft.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

top 4 this past weekend. 
    Debatable. Rivers (though he didn't look it yesterday) is better I think, and Luck is better. Obviously they were playing better QBs and only one could move on from each game, but I'd put Goff no higher than 6 out of the 8 who played this weekend, maybe 7 behind Foles at least in the playoffs. Dak is a distant 8.
    i agree
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    I love this

chinese-happy.jpg
    That's awesome.

I was going to come here to post something similar - ya know, usually when this city has heartbreak in the city you can feel it. Like, all of the team-related stuff  people would wear would immediately disappear after they lossed - it'd be too hard to wear. But not this week. Seems like everyone is still rocking Birds hats, hoodies, coats, etc. I've never seen this much positivity after the Eagles season was over (obvi w/o a title).
    That's awesome.

I was going to come here to post something similar - ya know, usually when this city has heartbreak in the city you can feel it. Like, all of the team-related stuff  people would wear would immediately disappear after they lossed - it'd be too hard to wear. But not this week. Seems like everyone is still rocking Birds hats, hoodies, coats, etc. I've never seen this much positivity after the Eagles season was over (obvi w/o a title).
    I think a lot has to do with how Jeffery, the coaches and his teammates handled it in the aftermath.  they all handled it with class and dignity to each other, to the media and to the fans.  have to give them a lot of credit for how they handled it.  Jeffery seems like a really good dude.
    Image result for alshon jeffery super bowl
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    ^ Need that guy in the Super Bowl more often.
    Love that clip but it's misplaced here. Should be in the Giant's thread.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Love that clip but it's misplaced here. Should be in the Giant's thread.
    I'd say guy's in the wrong place.
    edited January 2019
    ^ Need that guy in the Super Bowl more often.
    Peter Griffin in the Super Bowl?
    Did the London Silly Nannies even make the playoffs this year?

chinese-happy.jpg
    Damn it Andy. FU Dee Ford.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Belichick owns Andy. Oh, Andy. Maybe now KC will begin to feel what we felt for so long. Would've been nice for him to make it - that would've been his second team he had taken to the Super Bowl in his 6th season.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    ah only in Philadelphia could a guy breaking a receiving record be perceived as negative by the media.  oh and Wentz had a higher passer rating than Andrew Luck so yea I'd say he had a better season.  gotta love this town sometimes

From Reuben Frank on nbcsports.com/philadelphia

1. How bad was Wentz this year? 
    I keep hearing how bad Carson Wentz was this season, and while I agree he was inconsistent at times and generally too slow to get started, the bottom line is that even hampered by a knee that wasn’t 100 percent and a broken bone in his back, he still had a higher passer rating than Jared Goff, Andrew Luck, Brady, Dak Prescott and Aaron Rodgers. He played 11 games and was very good in nine of them, mediocre in one of them (Indianapolis) and terrible in one of them (New Orleans). Look for yourself at his season game by game. You’ll be surprised. There’s no doubt in my mind that with a full, healthy offseason, he’ll be a top-five QB in the NFL next year.
    That writer has an anti-Wentz agenda from the day we traded for him.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    That writer has an anti-Wentz agenda from the day we traded for him.
    Well there was that story a couple months ago about how some players (one of whom was most likely Alshon) were getting frustrating with him constantly zeroing in on Ertz and bogging the offense down.....

Either way, this is all a distraction that will fade with time. Biggest problem Wentz has is that he gets hurt every year. Next year is astronomical for him. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I love it. The terrible person in me kinda hopes we have gotten rid of the wrong guy at QB.

Also, I can't say it enough - I don't want my franchise QB having acne.
    I love it. The terrible person in me kinda hopes we have gotten rid of the wrong guy at QB.

Dude, they showed a shot of him in the last game and his neck was horrifying. 

Oh, I know the shot you're talking about - especially neck acne. Looked like the fucking moon.

Oh, I know the shot you're talking about - especially neck acne. Looked like the fucking moon.
    Jesus Christ. I have Fucking nightmares about it