Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    bone said:
    I keep seeing "clarification of membership levels" as one of the hopes/prospects for this newsletter. I have a good hunch the only thing will be a mention that the single is discontinued. There is nothing else.  Analog is everything it was before just now without the single.  Nothing is going to replace it. Everything else about digital and analog levels stays the same.
    They've already clarified it right on the website.  https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205285910-Membership-Levels shows the differences now.  The only thing that changed is they aren't producing an annual single.  Analog gets the shirt (or as they call it limited edition membership item coupon code), a Bootleg coupon and printed copy of the Deep magazine.  
    Huh. Well then... everyone loves paying the same amount and getting less, right? ;) I guess they figure inflation takes care of this. And I guess we have to admit it does... considering their shipping costs. If they aren't replacing the single with anything, I'm actually inclined to think they really are doing this because they were losing money on the analog memberships, or just breaking even maybe.
    I would be shocked if they didn't turn a good profit on that $40, and if not, someone needs to lose their jobs. You can get shirts mass produced at that quality for really a few bucks. The retail price of 45's are $10 so it has to cost them much less to produce that. I'm assuming it doesn't cost them anything to give out the digital code. And if they spend more than a few bucks on shipping for any of that then they are doing it wrong.
    Half of that extra $20 for analog should be straight profit. If they aren't netting $25-30 off my $40 fee, then someone over there has no clue how to handle money.
    Up until the early 2000s there was only "analog" and it was only $10. Now you didn't get a shirt or the code, but we got everything else for $10. I can't see how charging $40 and throwing in a low quality shirt isn't making a lot of money.
    Yeah, I actually do think that their terrible deal with their shipper would be why they wouldn't make money on the membership, lol. I think we have all known they have been doing that wrong for a long time now. I've never paid anywhere near as much for shipping with other companies as I do for stuff from 10C.
    And I bet other companies' stuff arrives a LOT sooner, too.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    edited January 2019
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Was the virtual tour always on the site?
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    bone said:
    I keep seeing "clarification of membership levels" as one of the hopes/prospects for this newsletter. I have a good hunch the only thing will be a mention that the single is discontinued. There is nothing else.  Analog is everything it was before just now without the single.  Nothing is going to replace it. Everything else about digital and analog levels stays the same.
    They've already clarified it right on the website.  https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205285910-Membership-Levels shows the differences now.  The only thing that changed is they aren't producing an annual single.  Analog gets the shirt (or as they call it limited edition membership item coupon code), a Bootleg coupon and printed copy of the Deep magazine.  
    Huh. Well then... everyone loves paying the same amount and getting less, right? ;) I guess they figure inflation takes care of this. And I guess we have to admit it does... considering their shipping costs. If they aren't replacing the single with anything, I'm actually inclined to think they really are doing this because they were losing money on the analog memberships, or just breaking even maybe.
    I would be shocked if they didn't turn a good profit on that $40, and if not, someone needs to lose their jobs. You can get shirts mass produced at that quality for really a few bucks. The retail price of 45's are $10 so it has to cost them much less to produce that. I'm assuming it doesn't cost them anything to give out the digital code. And if they spend more than a few bucks on shipping for any of that then they are doing it wrong.
    Half of that extra $20 for analog should be straight profit. If they aren't netting $25-30 off my $40 fee, then someone over there has no clue how to handle money.
    Up until the early 2000s there was only "analog" and it was only $10. Now you didn't get a shirt or the code, but we got everything else for $10. I can't see how charging $40 and throwing in a low quality shirt isn't making a lot of money.
    Yeah, I actually do think that their terrible deal with their shipper would be why they wouldn't make money on the membership, lol. I think we have all known they have been doing that wrong for a long time now. I've never paid anywhere near as much for shipping with other companies as I do for stuff from 10C.
    And I bet other companies' stuff arrives a LOT sooner, too.
    Yes, of course. Also, they can be tracked, which isn't the case with 10C stuff usually, and that is outrageous given the cost.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    edited January 2019
    Got the mail, Pearl Jam: Home and Away exhibit at MoPOP, confirmation no change but lack of single to analog and a vault competition
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Was the virtual tour always on the site?
    Not that I can recall. It’s also dated January 3, 2019.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Lol  what a newsletter 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    PB11041 said:
    I don't expect any update of much significance. 
    I win.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PB11041 said:
    I don't expect any update of much significance. 
    That's good because there wasn't one.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    edited January 2019
    Rude post deleted. Please see the Posting Guidelines.
    Thank you

Post edited by Sea on
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Say goodbye to all your analog members 10C. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Anyone elses contest link take them to last months ?

Really exciting time to be a pj fan.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    The MoPOP exhibit really is awesome - I was glad to see it in person. It was much cooler than I even expected, and way bigger.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635

yep
  • Anyone elses contest link take them to last months ?

yes
    The draw hasn't been updated from last month yet.
  • Anyone elses contest link take them to last months ?

Yes
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    When I click to enter the contest - it keeps bringing me to either the December gift card contest or a page not found. 

It looks like they are just going to keep analog at the same price without replacing the single. 

I actually liked the 2018 stickman shirt but I would never wear the 2019 shirt. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638

Yes. Very exciting 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2019
    Lucky my last year as anolog got a pretty cool tshirt (the stickman one).

Don't think I will stay with their new level: ANALog.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Well this answers the question if the MoPOP exhibit will be around for a while.  It was a cool exhibit, but not really newsworthy now as it's been open for 5 months. Guess there's nothing else to share.
    Say goodbye to all your analog members 10C. 
    This. To not even address the elephant in the room is really disappointing. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    There is a new album and tour on the way. The newsletter has always been a let down.
    Well this answers the question if the MoPOP exhibit will be around for a while.  It was a cool exhibit, but not really newsworthy now as it's been open for 5 months. Guess there's nothing else to share.
    That virtual tour is pretty cool though, don't you think? For those who can't see it for real, I think that's pretty neat. Not the same, since there are interactive elements they can't see, but still, cool.
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    PJ_Soul said:
    The MoPOP exhibit really is awesome - I was glad to see it in person. It was much cooler than I even expected, and way bigger.

YUP. I totally underestimated it.

Essential to take your time. Many little tidbits mixed in amongst the obvious stuff.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2019
    Why have a contest about a vault when a large percentage of the fans who wanted it have bought it...

That is like when my dad gave me the Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild cd album for my birthday. Like dad, you don't think I have this already?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Why have a contest about a vault when a large percentage of the fans who wanted it have bought it...

That is like when my dad gave me the Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild cd album for my birthday. Like dad, you don't think I have this already?
    Why announce a contest and not have it available on the website. 

I don't like to complain, really. It's a band. But I just kind of feel like they are half assing it & that makes me not feel warm and fuzzy about being a fan. 
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Well this answers the question if the MoPOP exhibit will be around for a while.  It was a cool exhibit, but not really newsworthy now as it's been open for 5 months. Guess there's nothing else to share.
    That virtual tour is pretty cool though, don't you think? For those who can't see it for real, I think that's pretty neat. Not the same, since there are interactive elements they can't see, but still, cool.
    The virtual tour is definitely cool for those who can't get there in person. 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Bye Analog membership, I would say its been a blast but to be honest its been rubbish since they went to the analog/ digital levels. I will enjoy my extra $30 a year (international). Might even set fire to my white "Im analog" t tonight in tribute.