NCAA College Football -

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    and their QB is slaying coeds like F’me used to do, back in the day.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    edited January 2019
    That guy could pass my career totals in a week if he wanted.  Life is his oyster....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    edited January 2019
    Figure 10 per day....he could be like Wilt in his prime
    Wow.
    Bama is awesome but Clemson pushed them around.  
    Stunning.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Huh...maybe Notre Dame just so happened to run into BY FAR the BEST team in College Football this year. 

Wonder if the haters will admit that ND did deserve their CFP bid. Bama was favored in this game. Not sure by how much. Clemson was favored by 12.5 over ND. Clemson is beating Bama worse than they beat ND.

NOT saying ND is better than Bama, please don't mistake that. Just wondering if the ND haters will be able to be objective about it now.
    8 consecutive New Year's Bowl losses by an average margin of defeat of 21 pts.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Fuck. effectively shut down from the end of the first. SAHMOKED!!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Huh...maybe Notre Dame just so happened to run into BY FAR the BEST team in College Football this year. 

Wonder if the haters will admit that ND did deserve their CFP bid. Bama was favored in this game. Not sure by how much. Clemson was favored by 12.5 over ND. Clemson is beating Bama worse than they beat ND.

NOT saying ND is better than Bama, please don't mistake that. Just wondering if the ND haters will be able to be objective about it now.
    Not saying they did not deserve it since they were undefeated; but Bama, Oklahoma, and as much as it pains me to say it, Ohio State, would have all smoked Notre Dame as well. I'd take Georgia and Washington over them too.

But once again, this is why there needs to be at least an 8 team playoff. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Huh...maybe Notre Dame just so happened to run into BY FAR the BEST team in College Football this year. 

Clemson and Alabama are the top tier teams in the NCAAF. 

Then there is everyone else.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

Clemson and Alabama are the top tier teams in the NCAAF. 

Then there is everyone else.
    I do not disagree with this at all.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

Not saying they did not deserve it since they were undefeated; but Bama, Oklahoma, and as much as it pains me to say it, Ohio State, would have all smoked Notre Dame as well. I'd take Georgia and Washington over them too.

Ohio State lost to PURDUE by more than Notre Dame did to Clemson. It was however by fewer points than Bama lost to Clemson. 

UGA proved their worth by bashing ND during their ass kicking by Clemson, then turning around and suffering an almost equal bait down by a FAR lesser team.

Washington? That's the first time I heard that crazy argument .

We do however agree on an 8 team playoff, so we have that in common.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    edited January 2019

Ohio State lost to PURDUE by more than Notre Dame did to Clemson. It was however by fewer points than Bama lost to Clemson. 

UGA proved their worth by bashing ND during their ass kicking by Clemson, then turning around and suffering an almost equal bait down by a FAR lesser team.

Notre Dame had a few duds on their schedule as well. That Pitt win was impressive, just saying. How quickly you guys forget those, If you want to play that game. And again, I am not saying you did not deserve to be in it.  But ND was not clearly better than multiple teams and could EASILY lose to any of the top 10 teams, if not top 25 on any given weekend. 

You can't judge teams on meaningless exhibition games, which is what every single bowl game outside of the playoffs is. They are nothing more than glorified exhibitions. 

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited January 2019
    Bama had a chance. They were making 10-12 play runs every time, then just get snuffed inside the 10. If they finished the drives it would have been close.
    But I was glad to see Clemson take this win with such an impact like that, it was awesome. And Bama will always be the bigger evil in college football.
    You're right, Clemson wasn't important 5 years ago. But Swinney has done amazing things with this team. Some mini documentaries about him are really good to watch. He took a losing team and within about 2 years were ranked, and a year or two after that was winning championships. He was appointed interim head coach 10 years ago because even as the receiver coach he had personally recruited half the team. I think before he is done he will prove to have built a better dynasty that Saban. That sotry right there makes me like them even more. I don't really have a choice though, since my wife was born and raised in Clemson, and her whole family still lives there.
    The next 2 championships are theirs with TL as QB. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on

Notre Dame had a few duds on their schedule as well. That Pitt win was impressive, just saying. How quickly you guys forget those, If you want to play that game. And again, I am not saying you did not deserve to be in it.  But ND was not clearly better than multiple teams and could EASILY lose to any of the top 10 teams, if not top 25 on any given weekend. 

You can't judge teams on meaningless exhibition games, which is what every single bowl game outside of the playoffs is. They are nothing more than glorified exhibitions. 

I enjoy the sarcastic undertones here. Please be aware, I most certainly did not forget, nor do I ignore the ugly win against Pitt. 

OSU, got a royal beat down by Purdue, barely beat Maryland in OT (when Maryland chose to go for 2 instead of tie) and the squeaked by Nebraska.

In ignoring the "meaningless exhibition games" Washington still lost 3 games...without checking close games. UGA lost 2.

Those were just the teams previously discussed. We haven't even touched on UCF.

I did see you  mentioned that they did not deserve to not be in. And I do agree that any team in the top 25, with exception to #1 and #2 could lose to most any other top 25 team any given weekend. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

OSU would have destroyed ND...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited January 2019

I enjoy the sarcastic undertones here. Please be aware, I most certainly did not forget, nor do I ignore the ugly win against Pitt. 

OSU, got a royal beat down by Purdue, barely beat Maryland in OT (when Maryland chose to go for 2 instead of tie) and the squeaked by Nebraska.

In ignoring the "meaningless exhibition games" Washington still lost 3 games...without checking close games. UGA lost 2.

Those were just the teams previously discussed. We haven't even touched on UCF.

I did see you  mentioned that they did not deserve to not be in. And I do agree that any team in the top 25, with exception to #1 and #2 could lose to most any other top 25 team any given weekend. 
    I get it, but that was not their only close game. They had a few close games they could have easily lost, including the one against Michigan. A team that got crushed by that same OSU team that lost to Purdue.  And crushed by Florida.

Guess i just got tired of all the ND fans trying to justify their place today. Are they a top 10 team? Yes. Are they clearly the third best team in the country behind Clemson and Bama, No. But they earned their place in the playoff.

Will they be top 10 to start 2019? I'd say so. Could they go undefeated and play in the playoff next year? Possibly. Could they lose 4-5 games next year, also very possible. 
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    How about that ACC football!!  Three titles in six years, more than any other conference!  You see, since I'm a Florida State fan, and because we kicked off this run, I get to ride the Clemson coat tails now.  If you're not playing in the ACC, are you even playing football? 

(That's how this all works in the SEC, right?)
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Congrats to Clemson. I haven't seen my Tide get their ass kicked like that in this century.  

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Wobbie said:
    and their QB is slaying coeds like F’me used to do, back in the day.
    Ronnie "Sunshine" Bass
    This weekend we rock Portland
    JIMBO FISHER... YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!!!
    He does not look very happy in that photo.  :lol:     

Truth be told, his career likely would have ended week 3 with our O-line.  But still...

Truth be told, his career likely would have ended week 3 with our O-line.  But still...
    If he had gone to USC his game plan would have changed for each game, with it matching up in no way at all to the skills of the personnel or against the anticipated defensive scheme of the opponent. 
    Succeed in that environment, kid!  :lol:     
  • JIMBO FISHER... YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!!!

If he had gone to USC his game plan would have changed for each game, with it matching up in no way at all to the skills of the personnel or against the anticipated defensive scheme of the opponent. 
    He's got a big arm.  He's only a freshman.

I can see him developing more and making a good run in the NFL.

His receivers are just sick too.  They should really be having a go on CB's!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Anyone else catch that press conference where Saban blamed his terrible fake field goal plan on someone not picking up a blocker? Way to blame the team and not just say "yeah, it was a terrible play and an even worse time ti call it."
    I mean, what was the plan, start from 10 yards back and have your 3rd string QB run straight into the defensive line? Not sure picking up a blocker is going to help much.

He's got a big arm.  He's only a freshman.

I can see him developing more and making a good run in the NFL.

His receivers are just sick too.  They should really be having a go on CB's!
    He's awesome, no doubt!
    mace1229 said:
    Anyone else catch that press conference where Saban blamed his terrible fake field goal plan on someone not picking up a blocker? Way to blame the team and not just say "yeah, it was a terrible play and an even worse time ti call it."
    I mean, what was the plan, start from 10 yards back and have your 3rd string QB run straight into the defensive line? Not sure picking up a blocker is going to help much.

it was so bad it was funny!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

I think the real message there was he had ZERO confidence in his kicker.  I know Bama felt they needed to keep the drive going and get a TD, but at that point you should take whatever points you can get.  4th & 6 and you RUN a fake FG??!!  I mean, at the very least it should have been a pass play.  4th & 6 means the holder needs a 14 yard run for a 1st down! On a field goal formation! WTF?
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

I think the real message there was he had ZERO confidence in his kicker.  I know Bama felt they needed to keep the drive going and get a TD, but at that point you should take whatever points you can get.  4th & 6 and you RUN a fake FG??!!  I mean, at the very least it should have been a pass play.  4th & 6 means the holder needs a 14 yard run for a 1st down! On a field goal formation! WTF?

SATAN....er, saban, IS NEVER WRONG!!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

the way I see it... he was trying to get the kicker knocked out. payback for all those missed extra points he missed.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

That poor fucking excuse for a president served Clemson a candlelit buffet of fucking McDonald’s food during their visit to the WH. Blamed it on the shut down (which he created). Actually uttered the phrase “we have many, many fries.”