The Official Cigar Thread

13»

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 19,778
    I still smoke 'em, but not the big stogies in which I used to indulge.  My "guy" at the smoke place claimed he could get me real Cubans.

Who knows?

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 19,624
    Will be putting in my spring/summer order here in the not too distant future.

20 or so random easy to smoke cigars. Romeo, Punch, H Upman, Macanudo, etc.

15 Montescristo No. 2

3 Cohiba Robustos

Probably a few Partagas Serie E No 2

And boom goes the dymanite.  Gonna be a good spring/summer/fall at the shore.
    How is a Partagas even remotely close to a Cohiba!?!
    Ha, they're not, but they're a cheaper and fairly solid Cuban that I'll probably end up tossing in the order for good measure.

Cohiba's will be for special occasions. Montecristo's will be a fairly regular smoke based on getting a good number of them, but they're soooo good.
    So I smoked Partagas CUbans on a regular basis at one time, I lived in another country so I was able to get them, but when I got to have a Cohiba Cuban there was no comparison.  My lord what a good cigar!

I've had Montecristo too which were good, Romeo & Juliet was ok.

Never had the chance to try a Macanudo Cuban.

The Royal Barbados cigars were really good too.  Hand rolled Cuban leaf and tobacco.  Very good smoke and the price was a fraction of a Cuban which was nice.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 3,521

15 Montescristo No. 2

3 Cohiba Robustos

Ha, they're not, but they're a cheaper and fairly solid Cuban that I'll probably end up tossing in the order for good measure.

Cohiba's will be for special occasions. Montecristo's will be a fairly regular smoke based on getting a good number of them, but they're soooo good.
    So I smoked Partagas CUbans on a regular basis at one time, I lived in another country so I was able to get them, but when I got to have a Cohiba Cuban there was no comparison.  My lord what a good cigar!

The Royal Barbados cigars were really good too.  Hand rolled Cuban leaf and tobacco.  Very good smoke and the price was a fraction of a Cuban which was nice.
    I need to look into that Royal Barbados. The biggest turn off to cigars can be the price. Its hard for me to justify dropping $12+ on a cigar. I just find a few staples that are cheap, I usually stick with Arturo Fuente, they are good and cheap. Usually get a box of 25 for about $100, and even when cut in half they can still last 30 minutes. I usually don't have time to sit and smoke for an hour anyway. If I find a local store I like, I'll buy out all their seconds/mistakes when I can get a $12 cigar for $3 just because there's a wrinkle in the wrapper. 

Funny you didn't like the Cuban R&J, that was my favorite. I'd get a small variety every time I traveled, and that was my favorite last time.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 28,862

15 Montescristo No. 2

3 Cohiba Robustos

Cohiba robusto is my favorite cigar. Montecristo 2 is generally the highest rated Cuban.  Partagas I think are fine and much less expensive than both.  I have not had a R&J cuban.  Macanudo, R&J and all that I am ordering are not Cubans.  Only the Cohibas, Montecristos and Partagas.  Don't want the wife to kill me.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 13,562
    edited January 11
    I don't understand cigar smoking. You don't inhale it into the lungs. Is it just about the taste?
    What makes a good cigar?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,373
    My wife is a flight attendant & had a few Cuba flights this past year. Had her pick up a couple boxes of Romeo y Julieta Short Churchills. Sending 1 of the boxes to an old friend for his 60th B.D. I would rather smoke weed    ;)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 28,862
    edited March 31
    Alright, the spring/summer cigar order is in

10 Montecristo #2 (Cuban)
    3 Cohiba Robusto (Cuban)
    5 Cohiba Nicaragua Robusto
    5 Montecristo Churchill
    5 Romeo Reserva Toro
    5 Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve  
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on