Options

A long overdue shout out and thank you to mschostok

ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
Way back in February I put up a post on Lost Dogs looking for a Milwaukee 2014 poster. That was the night of my first PJ show, and also the night I met Eddie, so obviously a very important night, show, and poster to me. I didn't have any takers until I got a message from mschostok saying that they had one. When I asked how much they were looking for, hoping it was low enough that I could afford it, mschostok said he was willing to send it to me for free! Now I obviously objected but he insisted, and in May I received the poster in the mail, in perfect condition. This is an unbelievably kind gesture that really warmed my heart, and just goes to show how amazing this community is. I'll never forget this act of kindness, and will always keep this poster as one of my most prized possessions. After moving houses and going back to college, I wasn't able to hang it up for awhile. But now being back on winter break, I was finally able to hang up the framed poster, and I absolutely love it. Thanks again mschostok!

Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    He's a good dude.  If you ever  get a chance to hang with him at a show, you'll have a blast!  And that is an awesome poster, one of the best in recent years.
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    edited January 2019
    Hell yeah! Always glad to help a fellow jammer (and Badger) out - glad it came out looking as gnarly as it does. Hope to meet you down the road. - Mike 
    Post edited by mschostok on
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    He's a good dude.  If you ever  get a chance to hang with him at a show, you'll have a blast!  And that is an awesome poster, one of the best in recent years.
    Still waiting to relive Wrigley 1 with you bro...legit unreal night. Sang my fuckin' face off. Hope all is well with you!
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    That's awesome! Lots of good people around here.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    This is great stuff.  Makes me smile.  :smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Awesome!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    deadendp said:
    ^ditto^
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,860
    :smiley::rock_on:
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,869
    Awesome! Hopefully you guys will be able to link up at a future show. 
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    edited January 2019
    Nice! Still kicking myself for missing this show
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,867
    That is cool as shit! Maybe I should start doing nice shit like that. I have a fear that if I did, that poster would be flipped and it could have gone to someone who really wanted it on their wall.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    Hope school's going well OP!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    nuzzer1 said:
    deadendp said:
    ^ditto^
    Me too. Way to go guys
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
    Hope school's going well OP!
    It is! Although last semester I got the flu during finals so that was about as dreadful as can be, but otherwise going well!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]