Important Change To Ten Club Membership Benefits

Comments

• drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    MedozK said:
    How long before a Vegas residency is announced?
    I live in Vegas, where they haven't played since 2006, and would never go even if they did. I've had the pleasure of attending shows from '95 -'13, and to see them at a Vegas residency would only have me comparing that to the best shows I saw between '95-'00, and that wouldn't be good. Besides that, those kind of shows are so overpriced, and pander to a general, mostly tourist audience anyway, and are such predictable and impersonal productions - the opposite of everything I used to love about Pearl Jam. This may not be the end for them completely, but definitely the end of an era, and the end of my membership when it comes up for renewal in May.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    JP135847 said:
    If the Christmas single vinyl is going away, and the physical stuff we used to get (Deep, stickers, etc.) has also been going away, the analog membership price should drop, or replace the single with some other exclusive physical merch. The free 10C shirt is ok, but the designs are kinda lame. Give us more incentive to be analog members. Seems the perks have been becoming less while the price increases! 
    The annual vinyl isn't going away. It's now gone as of 2019. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    MedozK said:
    How long before a Vegas residency is announced?
    I live in Vegas, where they haven't played since 2006, and would never go even if they did. I've had the pleasure of attending shows from '95 -'13, and to see them at a Vegas residency would only have me comparing that to the best shows I saw between '95-'00, and that wouldn't be good. Besides that, those kind of shows are so overpriced, and pander to a general, mostly tourist audience anyway, and are such predictable and impersonal productions - the opposite of everything I used to love about Pearl Jam. This may not be the end for them completely, but definitely the end of an era, and the end of my membership when it comes up for renewal in May.
    IIRC, Eddie said in an interview that the only reason they played Vegas was because Kelly Curtis likes to go there. Don't see a residency happening.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    JP135847 said:
    If the Christmas single vinyl is going away, and the physical stuff we used to get (Deep, stickers, etc.) has also been going away, the analog membership price should drop, or replace the single with some other exclusive physical merch. The free 10C shirt is ok, but the designs are kinda lame. Give us more incentive to be analog members. Seems the perks have been becoming less while the price increases! 
    I agree 100%. 

I hope 10C comes through with an update on this that explains what, if anything, an analog membership buys us members.   If it means analog membership gains nothing, I feel badly for those who auto-renewed since the "Important Change To Ten Club Membership Benefits" was announced.  Seems weird to me that this came with no explanation.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• SCH said:
    My Thoughts on the Fan Friendly Band
    1 New Song in Over 5 Years.
    12 days of Xmas is almost entirely covers songs, RITFW is old and tired, enough already
    Now No Holiday Single, not even just reduced to just a MP3 to reduce your trouble and costs, seems lazy
    Hearing the same 2013 clips on Sirius on how much the band loves to create and record to together has become comical
    Nothing new or exciting around here for a very long time. It's sad. I for one used to log on here everyday, now completely forget about Pearl Jam months at a time. I wish this was not the case. Oh well..
    You've given so much as a band, we are spoiled, it's hard to complain but I guess Nothing Lasts Forever is right.
    I've been a member since 2000 
    Thank you Pearl Jam for a great 25 year run but it's just over for me, at least for now, I am sure I'll be back if there is ever another album.
    Disappointed. 
    Great summary, couldn't agree more. I've been in the fan club since 1995. Just cancelled my auto-renew, and don't think I'll be coming back. Besides what you stated above, the fact that they haven't played my city (Las Vegas) in over 12 years makes the ticket benefit a moot point. Saw them last in 2013 in L.A. with my kids, so that was cool, and probably a good way to go out. Not paying several hundred dollars for stadium shows and can't afford to plunk down hundreds more to travel to "destination shows" if that's how they're going to continue "touring". Plus, I don't need to hear anymore greatest hits/cover song shows, with songs detuned because Ed can't sing them anymore and having the crowd take over - not what I'm paying to see/hear. The 2018 shows I've heard are almost unbearable to listen to. I know I've seen the band in their prime from '95-2000, and the last good album was 12 years ago. Too much overpriced merch on the site, lack of delivery on things we've already paid for, and a complete lack of any communication or indication of future activity is enough for me to make the call. I'll probably continue to buy new albums when/if released, but as far as the other "stuff", just not worth it anymore. There's so many other great bands doing great things, and I get more excited seeing local bands killing at my local venues than these big arena shows anyway. Thanks for everything for the past 25+ years Pearl Jam. It's been a swell ride.
    Sour Grapes?
    SCH said:
    My Thoughts on the Fan Friendly Band
    1 New Song in Over 5 Years.
    12 days of Xmas is almost entirely covers songs, RITFW is old and tired, enough already
    Now No Holiday Single, not even just reduced to just a MP3 to reduce your trouble and costs, seems lazy
    Hearing the same 2013 clips on Sirius on how much the band loves to create and record to together has become comical
    Nothing new or exciting around here for a very long time. It's sad. I for one used to log on here everyday, now completely forget about Pearl Jam months at a time. I wish this was not the case. Oh well..
    You've given so much as a band, we are spoiled, it's hard to complain but I guess Nothing Lasts Forever is right.
    I've been a member since 2000 
    Thank you Pearl Jam for a great 25 year run but it's just over for me, at least for now, I am sure I'll be back if there is ever another album.
    Disappointed. 
    Great summary, couldn't agree more. I've been in the fan club since 1995. Just cancelled my auto-renew, and don't think I'll be coming back. Besides what you stated above, the fact that they haven't played my city (Las Vegas) in over 12 years makes the ticket benefit a moot point. Saw them last in 2013 in L.A. with my kids, so that was cool, and probably a good way to go out. Not paying several hundred dollars for stadium shows and can't afford to plunk down hundreds more to travel to "destination shows" if that's how they're going to continue "touring". Plus, I don't need to hear anymore greatest hits/cover song shows, with songs detuned because Ed can't sing them anymore and having the crowd take over - not what I'm paying to see/hear. The 2018 shows I've heard are almost unbearable to listen to. I know I've seen the band in their prime from '95-2000, and the last good album was 12 years ago. Too much overpriced merch on the site, lack of delivery on things we've already paid for, and a complete lack of any communication or indication of future activity is enough for me to make the call. I'll probably continue to buy new albums when/if released, but as far as the other "stuff", just not worth it anymore. There's so many other great bands doing great things, and I get more excited seeing local bands killing at my local venues than these big arena shows anyway. Thanks for everything for the past 25+ years Pearl Jam. It's been a swell ride.

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited January 2019
    Maybe im realistic or maybe i should expect more.  I’ll take whatever i can get.  Might sound like a free pass to the 10c.  I know they should communicate more but its not a huge deal to me.  PJ is 5 old(er) dudes with huge bank accounts and a lot of hobbies that are probably more interesting to them at this point. I’ll take whatever i can get. 

I dont even know why im analog.  :lol: My mailwoman bends the 45 into a horseshoe shaped piece of vinyl every year.  Ive gone to 1 PJ show in the last 16 years and we left after one song because the kid was tired after a long festival day.  Its just continuity to me. 

Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • EvieVedderEvieVedder NW Indiana Posts: 461
    I hope all the people declaring that they're cancelling their auto renewals are ahead of me on the seniority list!
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I hope all the people declaring that they're cancelling their auto renewals are ahead of me on the seniority list!
    Sent my buddy a message yesterday. "We're moving on up!" 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    With this announcement, I still can’t believe they have not announced a restructuring of the fan club levels. Why would anyone re-up as Analog?
  • MedozK said:
    With this announcement, I still can’t believe they have not announced a restructuring of the fan club levels. Why would anyone re-up as Analog?
    Fear of Missing out.

And maybe Ten Club is banking on that.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    MedozK said:
    Fear of Missing out.

Well mine doesn’t renew until March, I definitely won’t stay Analog for the abysmal shirt and bootleg codes that I never use.

i feel sorry for all members that have a January autorenewal. 10C hasn’t even removed the vinyl single from the “Analog” level of membership yet. Hopefully something is announced when they return from vacation.
  • prlprl Posts: 124
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    Fear of Missing out.

Well mine doesn’t renew until March, I definitely won’t stay Analog for the abysmal shirt and bootleg codes that I never use.

i feel sorry for all members that have a January autorenewal. 10C hasn’t even removed the vinyl single from the “Analog” level of membership yet. Hopefully something is announced when they return from vacation.
    Wow, this is beyond amateur level. Total lack of respect for, not even the fans, but your customers.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Might be a good time for Tim Bierman to surface and give his paying customers an update.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JimmyV said:
    Might be a good time for Tim Bierman to surface and give his paying customers an update.
    the guy who called us all assholes? I won't be holding my breath. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JimmyV said:
    When and where did that happen?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cwjacwja Posts: 132
    Mine is set to auto renew today. I downgraded to digital yesterday after there was no further information provided. Continuing at the analog price point would have required me to give 10C the benefit of the doubt, which they haven’t earned.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    cwja said:
    Mine is set to auto renew today. I downgraded to digital yesterday after there was no further information provided. Continuing at the analog price point would have required me to give 10C the benefit of the doubt, which they haven’t earned.

Good Call !!
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Well this is bad news.   The annual single is what got me into collecting and enjoying vinyl- Thx TC and PJ. 

Happy New Year all!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • MedozK said:

The sick shirt that you get. It's dope! lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Some clarity would be nice and I really don't think it's too much to ask for.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    Fear of Missing out.

I renew at the end of Jan. Just downgraded. That Fear of Missing out made me reconsider, but 10C hasn't done anything crazy in a long time and everything seems to be slowing way down. They'll probably do something big and bold for Analog members in Feb with my luck though :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

edited January 2019
    JimmyV said:
    back in 2011 I believe. 

rubysdad wrote:

We get it. Some people don't like some of the posters. Do we have to come on here with such negativity? If you don't like it, don't get it. I'm REALLY sick of assholes who think they're critics. Try it yourself. Start your own band. Run your own fan club. Moderate your own board. If you have to say you hate someone/something, please find somewhere else to do it. These guys are busting their talented asses to provide posters for (mostly) grateful, art-loving Pearl Jam fans and the last thing we want is for them to have to read such sophomoric drivel from losers.

Have a nice.

Tim
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JimmyV said:
    back in 2011 I believe. 

rubysdad wrote:

We get it. Some people don't like some of the posters. Do we have to come on here with such negativity? If you don't like it, don't get it. I'm REALLY sick of assholes who think they're critics. Try it yourself. Start your own band. Run your own fan club. Moderate your own board. If you have to say you hate someone/something, please find somewhere else to do it. These guys are busting their talented asses to provide posters for (mostly) grateful, art-loving Pearl Jam fans and the last thing we want is for them to have to read such sophomoric drivel from losers.

Have a nice.

Tim

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Im surprised that so many people are dropping their subscription altogether. Almost certain you will need at least digital to get exclusives like Sevens, Coke Bottle Ten, Mystery Vinyl etc. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Wow. I had completely forgotten about that post.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • He's calling people losers like he's in a Mean Girls movie...
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Were the 2011 PJ posters that bad (besides that Pig man thing)?

2011 was the greatest year for Eddie posters for sure.  
    He's calling people losers like he's in a Mean Girls movie...
    yeah, didn't really mean to reopen that box. don't really want to get this thread locked. #sorry
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2019
    FR181798 said:
    Im surprised that so many people are dropping their subscription altogether. Almost certain you will need at least digital to get exclusives like Sevens, Coke Bottle Ten, Mystery Vinyl etc. 
    I doubt a high percentage will drop it all together. Alot of people will drop down to digital it seems though.
  • JimmyV said:
    back in 2011 I believe. 

rubysdad wrote:

Have a nice.

Tim
    Geezuz.

Not cool at all.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
This discussion has been closed.