Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,380
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    2019 might be the most open my schedule will ever be again. Anywhere in the US and I could make it work.
    This.  Im retiring in late February and would love there to be a US tour that I can hit a bunch of shows before going back to work. =)
    I"m sorry, you are retiring?!  Aren't you around my age? (41)
    Little bit older... 47.  My job is offering an early retirement And I’m going to take advantage of it.  Going to take off through the summer and then start another job I have lined up in September (or later if there is a fall tour =) ). 
    Congrats!  That is awesome.  Enjoy your time off bud.
    Thanks, Mike. Like Pearl Jam I’m looking forward to the next chapter. =)
    You staying in Middletown or looking to make a move?  Howell has some nice size houses for a good price!
    I’m staying out... I swore after the last move that I was done until they carry me out =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Fucksakes. 16 new posts and all we get is On2legs gloating that he has the summer off lol. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited December 2018
    PJNB said:
    Fucksakes. 16 new posts and all we get is On2legs gloating that he has the summer off lol. 
    lol.  On2Legs lives in middletown, same place bon jovi and derek jeter have houses.  Dude has his own helipad in his backyard.  
    It would be nice if there was something pj related going on but it seems like at this point 2019 is going to be like 2017.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    PJNB said:
    Lol. 

Im only gloating that for once I don’t have to worry about scheduling vacation time and saving days in case Pearl Jam decides to tour.  

With my luck the only tour this year will be Japan or someplace equally distant.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    Lol. 

Im only gloating that for once I don’t have to worry about scheduling vacation time and saving days in case Pearl Jam decides to tour.  

With my luck the only tour this year will be Japan or someplace equally distant.  
    I worked a crazy amount of overtime this fall and they company gives us time owed days instead of pay. I have 4 extra weeks off on top of 8 weeks of vacation. I bet you anything they aren't touring in 2019 since I have to use all of my TO's then. I am going in heavy with picks for August and early September and then taking what ever is left in November and December. Those are really the only months I see them doing anything this year with an outside chance of July but I only get 1 summer pick. 

PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    Lol. 

I worked a crazy amount of overtime this fall and they company gives us time owed days instead of pay. I have 4 extra weeks off on top of 8 weeks of vacation. I bet you anything they aren't touring in 2019 since I have to use all of my TO's then. I am going in heavy with picks for August and early September and then taking what ever is left in November and December. Those are really the only months I see them doing anything this year with an outside chance of July but I only get 1 summer pick. 

Wow.... that’s a lot of time off.  I’m thinking you’re in good shape with those picks.  Now we just need them to announce it soon so everyone can stop stressing. 

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Would love a return to St.Louis some time! They have treated my home town well
    since the early days. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Ahem....
    Hehehehehehehe

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Ahem....
    Hehehehehehehe

LOL

• the greek speaks! 

Also, there is way too much social media presence for there not to be something in the works. I think all of January will be used to promote Eddies show in March, and things will become more clear in February.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Ahem....
    Hehehehehehehe

Say what?!?!?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    Lol. 

Holy shit, consider me massively jealous.  I haven’t ever had more than a week off in a year and I’m 38.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Ahem....
    Hehehehehehehe

“Dimitri, he talks to me....”

Hopefully some news soon!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Ahem....
    Hehehehehehehe

:hushed:      =)
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• scrappysatticscrappysattic Lawrence, KS Posts: 302
    So a buddy texts me this...

"Heard Pearl jam may be playing a tour of small clubs and KC is on the list. What info do you have?"

I reply with this...

WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS??...

His reply...

"Guy at work's brother is a huge fan, but it is just rumor at this point. Figured you being the super fan you are could dig into that further"

Too bad I dont have a rolling eyes and shaking head emoji to send back

🙄😣😞😳🤪

96' - Hartford
    98'- Hartford, Mansfield Night 2
    00' - Mansfield Night 2
    03' - Mansfield Night 1
    04' - VFC St Louis
    10' - Kansas City
    13' - OKC
    14' - St Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln
    16' - Chicago Night 1

17' EV  Louisville, KY

18' Wrigley Night 1

PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    Lol. 

Holy shit, consider me massively jealous.  I haven’t ever had more than a week off in a year and I’m 38.
    I work 12 hour days and days/nights so if I take a 5 day set off I get 14 days off since I get 4 to 5 days off before and after my shift. It sounds great but swinging from days to nights is tough especially with a young family. Also 10 other people pick vacation with me and we can only have 2 off at any given time. If I do not have vacation picked when they are touring I have to make a deal with one of the two that do have it off and that always is a problem. 

Curious what field you work in that you would not get more than a week off? In Canada it is mandatory to either get at least 4% paid to you for vacation instead of time off or you get two weeks of time off with 3 weeks being the law after being with the company for 6 years. I get 18 days off since I work holidays and get no extra pay for it since I am salary. I worked a 12 hour day on Christmas this year for example and got no extra pay. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Ahem....
    Hehehehehehehe

You feel better now? Did you get that out of your system? =)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited December 2018
    Artists rumored for Woodstock looks awful.  It will end up being your typical festival lineup.  Rock does not bring in the crowds that Livenation wants.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Artists rumored for Woodstock looks awful.  It will end up being your typical festival lineup.  Rock does not being in the crowds that Livenation wants.  
    It's definitely tough.  You've got the issue with the supply of big festival headlining legacy rock bands dwindling at the same time that rock isn't mainstream anymore.  It's hard to find enough big rock bands to close each night of festival, plus the smaller ones that would play daytime sets don't draw the youth (who are the demographic that would spend the entire day at a festival). 

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Alright alright alright

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    Lol. 

I am hoping for Japan!  Still kicking myself for not going in 2003.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Ahem....
    Hehehehehehehe

And there we have it

Its good to hear from you again
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited December 2018
    Awesome.  Hopefully we hear something soon (about Pearl Jam and not Ed solo).
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • PJNB said:

At the end of the summer, he should change his name to OnTheCouch.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    New show dates would be great, especially in Atlantic Canada & Eastern USA. But what would be eveev greater is a new album. Ah yes, new Pearl Jam material. One can only hope.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    demetrios said:
    New show dates would be great, especially in Atlantic Canada & Eastern USA. But what would be eveev greater is a new album. Ah yes, new Pearl Jam material. One can only hope.

My wishlist:

1. Atlantic Canada
    2. Australia (Nov/Dec)
    3. Japan
    4. Western U.S. (specifically California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah)

demetrios said:

My wishlist:

1. Atlantic Canada
    2. Australia (Nov/Dec)
    3. Japan

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

My wishlist:

1. Atlantic Canada
    2. Australia (Nov/Dec)
    3. Japan

edited December 2018
    PJNB said:

At the end of the summer, he should change his name to OnTheCouch.
    Perhaps OnTheBeach... not much of a couch guy.  We live 10minutes from the beach and spend most of our off time there in the summer. 

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    edited December 2018
    PJNB said:
    Hahahahaha haha! And that’s a fact, not even a rumour 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14