New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10 said:
    Which of these QBs would not be able to move their offence 1 yard from mid-field while at home and with the game on the line:

A. Scruffy
    B. Juggler
    C. PJSoul
    D. Eli Manning
    It's not eli, it is the god damn D.  Every fucking game.  Stop one drive late in the 4th quarter, just ONE!!!

Well sure.

But that being said, he had a chance to win the game for his team. He failed. They didn't gain one yard.

Stud.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Which of these QBs would not be able to move their offence 1 yard from mid-field while at home and with the game on the line:

A. Scruffy
    B. Juggler
    C. PJSoul
    D. Eli Manning
    It's not eli, it is the god damn D.  Every fucking game.  Stop one drive late in the 4th quarter, just ONE!!!

Well sure.

But that being said, he had a chance to win the game for his team. He failed. They didn't gain one yard.

Stud.
    I appreciate you calling me a stud but like I have told you on numerous occasions I am happily married.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

A. Scruffy
    B. Juggler
    C. PJSoul
    D. Eli Manning

Well sure.

Stud.
    I appreciate you calling me a stud but like I have told you on numerous occasions I am happily married.
    I was referring to Eli, but in all honesty (and comparatively speaking)... you likely got more game than him.

For example: you're definitely more agile (think of the way you dart about looking for the quickest moving merch line... and think of Eli frozen in the pocket like a deer in the headlights). 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

A. Scruffy
    B. Juggler
    C. PJSoul
    D. Eli Manning

Well sure.

Stud.
    I was referring to Eli, but in all honesty (and comparatively speaking)... you likely got more game than him.

For example: you're definitely more agile (think of the way you dart about looking for the quickest moving merch line... and think of Eli frozen in the pocket like a deer in the headlights). 
    Yeah my man has zero mobility but del you have to admit that the defense just can not shut anyone down!  
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    mcgruff10 said:

A. Scruffy
    B. Juggler
    C. PJSoul
    D. Eli Manning

Well sure.

Stud.
    Cowboys defense played great there. Not much he could do. Like I said they needed to mix in a run.
    I miss igotid88
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

A. Scruffy
    B. Juggler
    C. PJSoul
    D. Eli Manning

Well sure.

Stud.

Yeah my man has zero mobility but del you have to admit that the defense just can not shut anyone down!  

No argument there.

Who do you cheer for now? Or at least follow with some level of interest?
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

A. Scruffy
    B. Juggler
    C. PJSoul
    D. Eli Manning

Well sure.

Stud.

No argument there.

Who do you cheer for now? Or at least follow with some level of interest?
    I'll either root for the underdog or someone who hasn't one before/in a long time.    Maybe the bears?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    If you’re gonna be a troll, be creative or at least mildly funny
    4-8 in games decided by 8 or fewer poin. Pretty sure the majority are 3 points or fewer
    I miss igotid88
    I want Haskins. I don’t know shit about college quarterbacks translating to the nfl, but that kid is legit good. Keep Eli for next year, if he’ll stay with his replacement and go from there
  • If you’re gonna be a troll, be creative or at least mildly funny
    Lol. I’m doing my best, but I’m dealing with this:

Makes you wonder if they didn't "throw in the towel" by trading "Snacks" and Apple. Although Apple wasn't great. But still. Could have used Collins too
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Makes you wonder if they didn't "throw in the towel" by trading "Snacks" and Apple. Although Apple wasn't great. But still. Could have used Collins too
    Apple stinks. He had a horrible game recently that I watched.
    I want Haskins. I don’t know shit about college quarterbacks translating to the nfl, but that kid is legit good. Keep Eli for next year, if he’ll stay with his replacement and go from there
    I know it's not popular but I would try to ask Eli to re-work his contract and add another year. 
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

In all honesty, this wasn't a game you really wanted to win anyways. You weren't going to 'damage' the Cowboys and you were only going to hurt your draft position. 

The team can go in a few directions this off-season really: one being they beef up their defence, shore up their offensive line and be a playoff calibre team (they have some great skill players).
    igotid88 said:

In all honesty, this wasn't a game you really wanted to win anyways. You weren't going to 'damage' the Cowboys and you were only going to hurt your draft position. 

The team can go in a few directions this off-season really: one being they beef up their defence, shore up their offensive line and be a playoff calibre team (they have some great skill players).
    Dude you are definitely a giants fan.  If not who do you root for?
  • mcgruff10 said:
    igotid88 said:

Dude you are definitely a giants fan.  If not who do you root for?

I don't hate them.

I like the Seahawks.
    igotid88 said:
    I know it's not popular but I would try to ask Eli to re-work his contract and add another year. 
    Yeah, no...I’m not down with that
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    Yes. Five year extension for Eli. Guaranteed money. Do it. Long live Eli!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    you're acting like he's the reason we lose every game
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I love Eli Manning
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I love Eli Manning
    I'll always appreciate the two Super Bowls he won.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I'm down with a one year extension - 2 more years with Eli while they groom a new QB. You don't get rid of someone until you have someone better. There aren't  any standouts that could be a starter right now. . They need to find a good back up that can learn and have an orderly transfer - just like when Eli took over for Kurt Warner. 

It's easy to say get rid of Eli, but you don't get rid of an experienced QB when you don't have a definite replacement. 

Build up the O-line, the wide receivers and get working on teaching a back up how to be a leader. 

I love Eli Manning too - even though you love him for different reason, Juggler. :tongue:
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I'm down with a one year extension - 2 more years with Eli while they groom a new QB. You don't get rid of someone until you have someone better. There aren't  any standouts that could be a starter right now. . They need to find a good back up that can learn and have an orderly transfer - just like when Eli took over for Kurt Warner. 

It's easy to say get rid of Eli, but you don't get rid of an experienced QB when you don't have a definite replacement. 

Build up the O-line, the wide receivers and get working on teaching a back up how to be a leader. 

I love Eli Manning too - even though you love him for different reason, Juggler. :tongue:
    Haha, touché Nancy. 

Ps—regarding your posts last week: Hope you change your mind and stick around.

Happy new year!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Obviously like the Hernandez pick, but Giants should have done what Baltimore did and get Jackson. Said it that night 
    Why get rid of Eli and then sign a qb for what $25-30 million?
    I miss igotid88
    Shurmur needs to make better coaching decisions next season. 
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

The blueprint is out: get a young QB via the draft. Build around them. There's a small window of opportunity (time) for the franchise before the young QB gets paid the big bucks.

See: Russell Wilson, Wentz, Goff, Mahomes. 
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Haha, touché Nancy. 

Ps—regarding your posts last week: Hope you change your mind and stick around.

Happy new year!
    I will stick around. I got triggered and just had it but upon further reflection, I just need to limit my internet communication until I understand how to handle my PTSD, I never know when I'll be triggered by a person or phrase - IDK - I'll be hanging back till I am less sensitive, find a new doc and maybe get better meds. :wink:

Besides - I love hanging out with the guys during football season. :smiley:

Happy New Year to you & to everyone in the very special thread that is the New Jersey Giants!!

igotid88 said:

The blueprint is out: get a young QB via the draft. Build around them. There's a small window of opportunity (time) for the franchise before the young QB gets paid the big bucks.

See: Russell Wilson, Wentz, Goff, Mahomes. 
    No I mean getting a qb through free agency which some people think/want them to do. 
    I miss igotid88