Options

Best "Teen Movie"

Let's see what the best "Teen Movie" is. 

I'm also curious as to what you have in your top 5?

If any were missed or you think should be noteworthy please add it in your comments.

This was inspired from the pissing match in the Scarface thread, lol!

Best "Teen Movie" 57 votes

Ferris Buellers Day Off
19%
mcgruff10goldrushNo CoderChazzpjsteelerfantbergstempo_n_grooveRunIntoTheRaindrakeheuer14PJWGIIIJPPJ84 11 votes
The Breakfast Club
14%
kenshuntRK142039eeriepadavenjnancyConorKavanaghMeltdown99rahjiimGlorified KC 8 votes
Dazed and Confused
19%
darwinstheoryfacepollutionmfc2006CROJAM95BentleyspopKC138045RS151862BLACK35HobbesHughFreakingDillonbbiggs 11 votes
American Pie
10%
MayDay10Indifference71Flying MXZeddiecPapWest Coast Dreamgirl 6 votes
Superbad
8%
Spiritual_ChaoslastexitlondonGern BlanstenOffSheGoes35SmallestOceans 5 votes
Eighth Grade
1%
RiotZact 1 vote
Heaven Help Us
0%
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
24%
pjhawkshedonistjeffbrigotid88Get_RightPoncierYefacurmudgeonessHesCalledDyerJK_LivinThirty Bills Unpaidangry_skullF Me In The BrainJojoRice 14 votes
Mean Girls
0%
Grease
1%
PJ_Soul 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    Ferris Buellers Day Off
    Top 5 Ferris Buellers, Grease, Superbad, Kids and Heaven Help US.

Bring it on should be up there on the list and I added Eighth Grade because I heard great things about it.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I don't know that I could rank a top 5.  Fast Times is obviously my #1, Ferris is up there, as is American Pie.  Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, & Pretty in Pink are all classics.  Clueless, Varsity Blues & She's All That haven't been mentioned in either thread I don't think. And on that note, Not Another Teen Movie is one of the greatest spoof films ever.  Jawbreaker is another good one.  I don't know if Election counts as a teen movie, but it's spectacular!  10 Things I Hate About You, Juno, and Easy A also deserve discussion.  Good mention on Kids, that one always seems to be forgotten.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    American Pie
    Top 5 is American Pie, Ferris Bueller, Superbad, Can't Hardly Wait, 10 Things I Hate About You
  • Options
    Superbad
    Superbad, Carrie, The Lost Boys, Kick-Ass, Juno
  • Options
    Superbad
    I know Kick-Ass is questionable as a teen movie, but I hate most teen movies, so fuck it.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    Fast Times is great, far superior to the others on here. But you left off "Clueless" and "Ten Things I Hate About You," so this list feels woefully incomplete.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    I'd also argue that "Heathers" is better than any John Hughes movie. I'm sure those will be taken as fighting words by some. ;-)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Dazed and Confused
    Good call on The Lost Boys in general, but I put it in a different genre (horror). One of my favorites though. 
  • Options
    Dazed and Confused
    Top 5: 

1.  Dazed and Confused
    2.  The Breakfast Club
    3.  Fast Times
    4.  Ferris Bueller
    5.  Sixteen Candles

Any John Hughes film is a winner in my book. 
  • Options
    Ferris Buellers Day Off
    I don't know that I could rank a top 5.  Fast Times is obviously my #1, Ferris is up there, as is American Pie.  Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, & Pretty in Pink are all classics.  Clueless, Varsity Blues & She's All That haven't been mentioned in either thread I don't think. And on that note, Not Another Teen Movie is one of the greatest spoof films ever.  Jawbreaker is another good one.  I don't know if Election counts as a teen movie, but it's spectacular!  10 Things I Hate About You, Juno, and Easy A also deserve discussion.  Good mention on Kids, that one always seems to be forgotten.
    I had a list of 20 movies and all that you mentioned were in there so the cut was:

Not another teen, Easy A, Varsity Blues, Heathers, Bring it On, 16 Candles, Twilight, Perks of being a wallflower, Sisterhood of the traveling Pants and Kids.

Of course I could have 10 more that were in a lower tier but these were the 20 I had picked out and rounded them to 10.

With the lack of more options I hope that a good compilation can be reached.

Keep them comments coming!
  • Options
    Superbad
    I had a list of 20 movies and all that you mentioned were in there so the cut was:

Not another teen, Easy A, Varsity Blues, Heathers, Bring it On, 16 Candles, Twilight, Perks of being a wallflower, Sisterhood of the traveling Pants and Kids.

Of course I could have 10 more that were in a lower tier but these were the 20 I had picked out and rounded them to 10.

I hope you're talking about the movie with Paul Newman, Gene Hackman, and James Garner.
  • Options
    Superbad
    bbiggs said:
    Good call on The Lost Boys in general, but I put it in a different genre (horror). One of my favorites though. 
    You're okay in my book.  B)
  • Options
    Ferris Buellers Day Off

I hope you're talking about the movie with Paul Newman, Gene Hackman, and James Garner.
    No, the new modern Twilight movie.  
  • Options
    Superbad

I guess it was okay as a rifftrax movie. That's the only way I recommend watching that one.
  • Options
    Ferris Buellers Day Off

I guess it was okay as a rifftrax movie. That's the only way I recommend watching that one.
    Big hit with the millennial so I wanted to include it.
  • Options
    Superbad
    Gotcha. ;)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Kudos to The Lost Boys mention, despite being as cheesy as The Outsiders (loved the book though).

Fast Times is my go-to.

Also gotta mention Lucas (that kid's fucking mouth was always open) and My Bodyguard.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Oh, and Kids - like Gummo - was seriously fucked up and disturbing.  I wouldn't consider them your standard teen films but they surpassed them by far.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    Ferris Buellers Day Off

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

"Vote for me and all your wildest dreams will come true!"

(inspiring the Trump campaign playbook)
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Ferris Buellers Day Off
    tbergs said:

If only Pedro was our president instead. I can laugh at almost every scene of that movie. I love them all, but this is the best one to me.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    in no order:

meatballs
    fast times
    rivers edge
    animal house 
    election
    breaking away
    rushmore
    superbad
    heathers...

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    I know Kick-Ass is questionable as a teen movie, but I hate most teen movies, so fuck it.
    Red Mist >>>>> McLovin
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    tbergs said:

one of worst and unfunny movies i've ever seen in my life.  just utterly terrible.

my top 10
    1 - Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    2 - Breakfast Club
    3 - American Pie
    4 - Varsity Blues
    5 - Stand By Me
    6 - Ferris Bueller
    7 - Say Anything
    8 - Bring it On
    9 - Better Off Dead
    10 - Can't Hardly Wait
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Ferris Buellers Day Off
    "Save Ferris!" Between that and Superbad, I laugh the most. Dazed, Breakfast Club and Fast Times are timeless, but not as funny. Some of my other favorites not listed are Teen Wolf (yeah, yeah, cheesy, but suck it), Adventures in Babysitting (Elisabeth Shue :heart:), Scream (horror, but awesome), The Lost Boys (again, horror, but Feldman, Haim, Patric and Sutherland, yeah!), Donnie Darko (if it counts), Bill & Ted (Wylde Stallions rule!) and Weird Science.
  • Options
    Good call on Napoleon Dynamite!
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    I'll add to the list Weird Science and Project X for a little more modern take on the genre 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    Dazed and Confused
    erebus said:
    I'll add to the list Weird Science and Project X for a little more modern take on the genre 
    Weird Science is great. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    edited December 2018
    Ferris Buellers Day Off
    erebus said:
    Films like Weird Science, Project X, Teen Wolf, Back to the Future, Lost Boys, Bill & Ted, Say anything, Better off Dead, Animal House, Stand by Me are all movies that were either not Teenage enough(Stand by Me, Animal House) or just bad movies(Outsiders, Teen Wolf).

You can name a ton more movies but the ones that will rise at the end of the day were the initial 20 I had listed.
    EDIT: Having listed Breakfast Club I didn't feel the need to add Pretty in Pink or 16 Candles even though they are great I felt that Breakfast Club was head and shoulders above them.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    Ferris Buellers Day Off
    erebus said:
    Films like Weird Science, Project X, Teen Wolf, Back to the Future, Lost Boys, Bill & Ted, Say anything, Better off Dead, Animal House, Stand by Me are all movies that were either not Teenage enough(Stand by Me, Animal House) or just bad movies(Outsiders, Teen Wolf).

You can name a ton more movies but the ones that will rise at the end of the day were the initial 20 I had listed.
    EDIT: Having listed Breakfast Club I didn't feel the need to add Pretty in Pink or 16 Candles even though they are great I felt that Breakfast Club was head and shoulders above them.