The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    You might be the first person I've heard trying to point alcohol on the same level of weed...you do realize that yo can get drunk, supposedly sleep off, feel like total fucking crap...still can and be dangerous.  Guaranteed, you will hard press to find someone who got high, got a great sleep because of Cannabis and was refreshed and alert the next day.  So please explain to me how you come the conclusion weed is on the same level.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    You might be the first person I've heard trying to point alcohol on the same level of weed...you do realize that yo can get drunk, supposedly sleep off, feel like total fucking crap...still can and be dangerous.  Guaranteed, you will hard press to find someone who got high, got a great sleep because of Cannabis and was refreshed and alert the next day.  So please explain to me how you come the conclusion weed is on the same level.  
    haha, i absolutely did not say alcohol is on the same level as weed. i would take public stoned-ness over public drunkenness 100 times out of 100, but public intoxication is illegal for a reason, and edibles are unpredictable depending on the source and the person and other variables, so while it might be fine for me or you to do it, i don't think it's responsible government policy making to allow everyone or anyone to do that. especially not this early in the game. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

wow, awesome. i didn't know that this was even coming. i thought edibles were too unpredictable with dosage to be for sale to the public. but i admittedly don't know much aboot it. 
    No, I think the commercial products are pretty exact with dosage in the unit that they are selling; the issue is more how the consumer takes them, and understanding the timeline of effect. 

A major issue is going to be packaging that doesn’t look like it’s marketing to kids, of course. 

everyone I know who makes cookies at home tells me it's impossible to know which cookie has which amount, so that's where my assumption came from. obviously, now that I think about it, you can control this in a controlled setting. 

I've only had edilbes twice, just this past summer, so this is all new to me. 

Home baking, sure, that would be true. A commercial/pharmaceutical grade facility can and needs to do this.
    I'm excited for it!
    I tried edibles last summer, I'm still on the fence.  Mine I suspect was cooked up in someone's kitchen.  I am going to order from that link.
    I had cookies on two occasions from two different sources. both times: LOVED IT
    See I didn't come away with that feeling.  My cousin who is a hardcore supporter of Cannabis and was involved in pro-legalization groups, told me that I may not be consuming enough.  I'm a 210-pound guy.  Would weight have anything to do with that?  I do prefer the quick high from smoking or vaping, especially before bedtime.
    didn't you just LYFAO telling me i needed to do more research regarding edibles, and you posted this 5 days ago?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Manitoba undecided on allowing non-smoking cannabis in public, Premier Brian Pallister says

so this makes him despicable? your standards for hate seem to be incredibly low. 
    Absolutely this fucker is despicable.  He wants to deny people who want to consume edibles in public.  Did this asshole ban smoking in public, smoking at provincial park, how about alcohol...are patios being banned, did he ban drinking at provincial parks.  Seriously dude, you have low standards.  What about folks who consider medicine, but haven’t bothered get a script?  Is this dude that spends 1/2 his time Costa Rica.  At least Ford spends his time in Ontario.
    So he’s despicable just because he is considering bringing Manitoba’s legislation in line with other provinces? That’s ridiculous. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    wow, awesome. i didn't know that this was even coming. i thought edibles were too unpredictable with dosage to be for sale to the public. but i admittedly don't know much aboot it. 
    No, I think the commercial products are pretty exact with dosage in the unit that they are selling; the issue is more how the consumer takes them, and understanding the timeline of effect. 

A major issue is going to be packaging that doesn’t look like it’s marketing to kids, of course. 

everyone I know who makes cookies at home tells me it's impossible to know which cookie has which amount, so that's where my assumption came from. obviously, now that I think about it, you can control this in a controlled setting. 

Home baking, sure, that would be true. A commercial/pharmaceutical grade facility can and needs to do this.
    I'm excited for it!
    I tried edibles last summer, I'm still on the fence.  Mine I suspect was cooked up in someone's kitchen.  I am going to order from that link.
    See I didn't come away with that feeling.  My cousin who is a hardcore supporter of Cannabis and was involved in pro-legalization groups, told me that I may not be consuming enough.  I'm a 210-pound guy.  Would weight have anything to do with that?  I do prefer the quick high from smoking or vaping, especially before bedtime.
    didn't you just LYFAO telling me i needed to do more research regarding edibles, and you posted this 5 days ago?
    Yes.  I did, I have tried edibles...did not do any different than smoking.  You can go to any downtown in any city in this country at bar closing time and see many people staggering out?  So what's the difference?  Are you one of these people who think before October 17th people were not walking around stoned, all hours of the day?  Sorry, I'd rather have high people walking around than drunks...

Not to mention all the people overdoing it on their prescribed opiates behind the wheel.  What he is considering is foolish, if he wants to extend it to all mind-altering substance... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Manitoba undecided on allowing non-smoking cannabis in public, Premier Brian Pallister says

so this makes him despicable? your standards for hate seem to be incredibly low. 
    Absolutely this fucker is despicable.  He wants to deny people who want to consume edibles in public.  Did this asshole ban smoking in public, smoking at provincial park, how about alcohol...are patios being banned, did he ban drinking at provincial parks.  Seriously dude, you have low standards.  What about folks who consider medicine, but haven’t bothered get a script?  Is this dude that spends 1/2 his time Costa Rica.  At least Ford spends his time in Ontario.
    So he’s despicable just because he is considering bringing Manitoba’s legislation in line with other provinces? That’s ridiculous. 
    He is ridiculous.  And so are any other province that does that.  We are not forbidden from toking in public or toking in a provincial park.  Unless the rules have changed, we can legally consume anywhere a smoker can smoke.
    Give Peas A Chance…

I'm excited for it!
    Yes.  I did, I have tried edibles...did not do any different than smoking.  You can go to any downtown in any city in this country at bar closing time and see many people staggering out?  So what's the difference?  Are you one of these people who think before October 17th people were not walking around stoned, all hours of the day?  Sorry, I'd rather have high people walking around than drunks...

Not to mention all the people overdoing it on their prescribed opiates behind the wheel.  What he is considering is foolish, if he wants to extend it to all mind-altering substance... 
    It’s already illegal to be intoxicated on any substance behind the wheel, prescribed or not. And I’d prefer not to have anyone high on THC behind the wheel. It’s not like it’s an improvement.  

I'm excited for it!

It’s already illegal to be intoxicated on any substance behind the wheel, prescribed or not. And I’d prefer not to have anyone high on THC behind the wheel. It’s not like it’s an improvement.  
    Thanks for the update, I did not know you could not drive intoxicant.  You are missing the point, he wants to target Cannabis products because this dinosaur of a politician is to lazy to do his research.  I also mentioned that many people treat themselves with cannabis and do not have a script.

Anyways thanks for the warning that driving high is illegal.  Always wondered why the police set up checkpoints at Christmas.
    Give Peas A Chance…

I'm excited for it!

Thanks for the update, I did not know you could not drive intoxicant.  You are missing the point, he wants to target Cannabis products because this dinosaur of a politician is to lazy to do his research.  I also mentioned that many people treat themselves with cannabis and do not have a script.

Anyways thanks for the warning that driving high is illegal.  Always wondered why the police set up checkpoints at Christmas.
    I think it’s you that’s missing the point, but I’ll just accept that’s the case. 

I'm excited for it!

I think it’s you that’s missing the point, but I’ll just accept that’s the case. 

No, actually I am not the missing point.  Weed is nowhere near as dangerous as booze...not even close.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    What kind of weed are you getting out west where people go bat-shit crazy when they are high, that reserved for most drunks.
    Give Peas A Chance…

I'm excited for it!

try reading what is posted and not what you wish to argue about. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    What kind of weed are you getting out west where people go bat-shit crazy when they are high, that reserved for most drunks.
    I have personally made edibles in the past that put people into states that were very different from, but equal in magnitude to serious drunkenness.
    I've seen people unable to stay awake, unable to follow the simplest conversation or answer questions about the time or weather, I've seen people blunder around completely oblivious to hazards around them like traffic or a swimming pool (that was pretty funny) etc...
    I think public intoxication is a bad idea no matter the substance, but my definition for nuisance intoxication is far beyond a discrete buzz.  Drink a scant few beers, burn a bowl or a J, have a little tootski...I don't care.  Just handle your shit and don't get fucked up.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    I have personally made edibles in the past that put people into states that were very different from, but equal in magnitude to serious drunkenness.
    I've seen people unable to stay awake, unable to follow the simplest conversation or answer questions about the time or weather, I've seen people blunder around completely oblivious to hazards around them like traffic or a swimming pool (that was pretty funny) etc...
    I think public intoxication is a bad idea no matter the substance, but my definition for nuisance intoxication is far beyond a discrete buzz.  Drink a scant few beers, burn a bowl or a J, have a little tootski...I don't care.  Just handle your shit and don't get fucked up.
    this
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Give Peas A Chance…
  • It's all dangerous . That is a fact.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Neither is dangerous, a person can consume both regularly for an entire natural lifespan.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    rgambs said:
    Neither is dangerous, a person can consume both regularly for an entire natural lifespan.
    In moderation yes but alcohol is the one that's killing folks everyday and that is a fact ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    We took a scientific look at whether weed or alcohol is worse for you — and there appears to be a winner
    https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11#more-than-30700-americans-died-from-alcohol-induced-causes-in-2014-there-have-been-zero-documented-deaths-from-marijuana-use-alone-2

It not even close.  Anyone arguing that weed is as a dangerous as alcohol is just pure comedy gold...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    We took a scientific look at whether weed or alcohol is worse for you — and there appears to be a winner
    https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11#more-than-30700-americans-died-from-alcohol-induced-causes-in-2014-there-have-been-zero-documented-deaths-from-marijuana-use-alone-2

It not even close.  Anyone arguing that weed is as a dangerous as alcohol is just pure comedy gold...
    Good thing no one on here is, then. 

Good thing no one on here is, then. 
    i was just going to post the same thing. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    This is from this past fall harvest no clue as to what strain it is , from seeds I’ve had in my fridge from past strains I used to buy ..
    taste outstanding potent high last for a good long while 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • this is my go to. 70+ % thc. mix it with tobacco in a splif
    https://www.coloradopotguide.com/marijuana-glossary/budder/
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Interesting, but not surprising. I'm guessing that part of the cost increase is due to added taxes. Also, I know in most states in the US that have legalized rec usage, prices were initially higher, but once the supply chain got filled and the novelty of buying legal week wore off a bit, prices settled down. I know in WA the weed I'm buying now is no more expensive than getting it from a "guy", and I know much more about the product I'm getting. So I get consistency, tested weed, and more product information, as well as a less shady transaction. So for me, I consider it a positive. I thought the stat about avg quantity purchased was completely unsurprising. With legal weed you don't need to buy as much per transaction, because you know you can just pop into the shop whenever you want. With the black market, you bought more so you didn't have to see your "guy" as frequently.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:
    Interesting, but not surprising. I'm guessing that part of the cost increase is due to added taxes. Also, I know in most states in the US that have legalized rec usage, prices were initially higher, but once the supply chain got filled and the novelty of buying legal week wore off a bit, prices settled down. I know in WA the weed I'm buying now is no more expensive than getting it from a "guy", and I know much more about the product I'm getting. So I get consistency, tested weed, and more product information, as well as a less shady transaction. So for me, I consider it a positive. I thought the stat about avg quantity purchased was completely unsurprising. With legal weed you don't need to buy as much per transaction, because you know you can just pop into the shop whenever you want. With the black market, you bought more so you didn't have to see your "guy" as frequently.
    The supply chain is definitely the issue.  The producers are no producing enough at the moment.  It's been a rocky start in most provinces.  I think it will get there, it's trial and error.  I'm sure the producers need to be cautious, I imagine they do not want to overproduce and be stuck with the product.  I kept my medicinal and buy directly off them, so far, they absorb the federal excise tax, keeps the price down...the stuff I buy off them is 3.99/g, it is for anyone who is a customer, but appeals to low-income people like myself, usually 13%-16% THC, a really nice buzz.  

Hopefully, the US federal government eventually legalizes it.  As long as alcohol and tobacco are legal, weed should be too.  Of course, weed should have never been illegal.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    jeffbr said:
    The supply chain is definitely the issue.  The producers are no producing enough at the moment.  It's been a rocky start in most provinces.  I think it will get there, it's trial and error.  I'm sure the producers need to be cautious, I imagine they do not want to overproduce and be stuck with the product.  I kept my medicinal and buy directly off them, so far, they absorb the federal excise tax, keeps the price down...the stuff I buy off them is 3.99/g, it is for anyone who is a customer, but appeals to low-income people like myself, usually 13%-16% THC, a really nice buzz.  

Hopefully, the US federal government eventually legalizes it.  As long as alcohol and tobacco are legal, weed should be too.  Of course, weed should have never been illegal.
    I think we'll need to wait a good 2 or 3 years to really see the supply and pricing settle down to what it should be. And during that time concentrates and edibles will also come in, so that will stretch it out in terms of supply too. Also, the distributor needs more time to unclench. So far all the product is done up more like medicine. I think soon enough it will get more fun, like booze is.
    The first few private shops have now opened in Vancouver though. That's nice. No government stores yet, oddly.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata