WTF Podcast with Marc Maron

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    I gotta say I really liked the Busy Phillips episode.
    engaged, funny, open, present. cant ask for more.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    mickeyrat said:
    It sounds like this podcast has everything!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mickeyrat said:
    It sounds like this podcast has everything!
    except nudity.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    remaining Beastie Boys today......

mickeyrat said:
    that was pretty fucking good.

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I can't wait to hear this one. Anyone read the book?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    listening to the audiobook now..... MANY different readers of this compilation of essays. both personal to the narator and those written by either Adam or Mike. good so far.

mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    listening to the audiobook now..... MANY different readers of this compilation of essays. both personal to the narator and those written by either Adam or Mike. good so far.
    Very cool. Who does the audiobook? Does Adam and Mike do most of it?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

edited December 2018
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Very cool. Who does the audiobook? Does Adam and Mike do most of it?
    most? hard to say. a fair amount for sure. John C Reilly, Buscemi, Bette Midler, Snoop Dogg, LL Cool J, phoner with Rubin, Rachel Maddow. Old friend of theres that was an original member of the Beasties when they were only punks, woman named Rachel I think? , Drummer for Lucious Jackson. several others.

finished this morning. Its worth it.

look into an app called scrib'd. 8.99 a month 30 day free trial. unlimited dloads. books magazines etc audiobooks.

its like a love letter to new york, and a reverance for Yauch.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Glow is good 
    thursday he has Gary Clark Jr on.....

mickeyrat said:
    excited for this one
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Fallen off this podcast. Should get back. The last one I listened to was with Paul McCartney
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Fallen off this podcast. Should get back. The last one I listened to was with Paul McCartney
    many very good ones since then

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Loved the Mandy Moore one. "She brought fucking cookies."
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    excited for this one
    rather enjoyed that.

mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    excited for this one
    rather enjoyed that.
    Awesome! Did he play a song too? I plan on listening this weekend. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    excited for this one
    rather enjoyed that.
    no. Marc didnt ask.

mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    excited for this one
    rather enjoyed that.
    no. Marc didnt ask.
    Yeap, just finished the interview. Great talk.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

edited March 2019
    Marc and Brendan put together a RSD compilation release In The Garage.... select group who've preformed for the podcast in the garage with the exception of Isbell, which happened in a hotel room as I recall.

proceeds benefit Musucians On Call. Details on wtfpod.com
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

mickeyrat said:
    Marc and Brendan put together a RSD compilation release In The Garage.... select group who've preformed for the podcast in the garage with the exception of Isbell, which happened in a hotel room as I recall.

Really looking forward to this. That Jason Isbell song, "Elephant" live was incredible 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

Really looking forward to this. That Jason Isbell song, "Elephant" live was incredible 
    I'm guessing/hoping its a leftover at one of the several shops that participate here. I'll be working overnight Friday. Am not waiting in line after working all night.

mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

I'm guessing/hoping its a leftover at one of the several shops that participate here. I'll be working overnight Friday. Am not waiting in line after working all night.
    If there's an extra at my shop, I'll pick you up one. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Bruce McColluch interview is very, very good. I miss the golden days of watching rerun after rerun of Kids in The Hall on Comedy Central and looking forward to the ones after SNL at like 1 or 2 in the morning on the weekend.
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

awesome. we have 5 or so shops participating. 2 I know for sure will carry it. one I've had decent luck with leftovers.

mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

awesome. we have 5 or so shops participating. 2 I know for sure will carry it. one I've had decent luck with leftovers.
    Perfect. Just let me know. My shop posted that they have at least one copy. If there's two, I'll send you a PM. If you end up scoring a copy, I'll post it for sale in this thread for someone else. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

Perfect. Just let me know. My shop posted that they have at least one copy. If there's two, I'll send you a PM. If you end up scoring a copy, I'll post it for sale in this thread for someone else. 
    had the same thought. good luck tomorrow.

Fair shot if they got it. #6 at a third choice spot. 1st choice line was around the block. 2nd choice  is likely the same dont know for sure though.

done deal... .

Mark Arm on thursday!!!!