What is your Holy Grail for PJ collecting?

Comments

• VedderMTL said:

Jaw just dropped...
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited December 2018
    My Grail would be Pearl Jam Vs/Vitalogy Collector's Edition.
    I know there are some on Discogs but the thing is heavy and shipping costs are expensive. I don't give up on it though so I'm still looking to acquire it.
    (pic found on Google)

My husband found one for me at a local music resale shop.  For a very long time (we watched it) it was listed as $375. That was while it was still available here. They know him well and he happened to have been there the day they decided to just clear it out and get rid of it.  (After it was no longer available here.)  It didn't seem played and just like the Ten boxset that he purchased in the same way, none of the interior contents were even out of the wrapping.  He paid $75 for Ten and $100 for V/V.  None of those pesky shipping charges, either. :wink: 

I had a friend keeping watch at another local record store for singles.  Someone turned in 15 annual singles.  I needed 13 of them.  Paid $100.  I don't think that they were even played.  Still missing three (not including the ones we are presently owed.)  I believe that Santa may have one for me, but my husband is still looking for the other two more difficult to find copies . . . We kind of aren't interested in going into debt for them, so they'll show up when they are supposed to.  

Hang in there.  You may be surprised what you can find.  Make friends with your local record store owners.  I find that they are thrilled to find a good home for lovelies like these.  
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    ^ this ^
    Can’t be emphasized enough...
    “Make friends with your local record store owners!”
    well said. 
  • LN241653 said:
    Pittsburgh munk One
    Brisbane Ames 03
    vitalogy mirror 
    vhc fridge magnet
    Cinci 03 Ames 

i just can’t land any of these, any help would appreciated.

cheers
    I thought I knew all the cool merch things.  What is the Vitalogy mirror? @LN241653
    Here we go...
    Yeah, I have no idea what this is, lol.
  • SJD3232 said:
    Signed/numbered 1996 EMEK Charlotte poster.  This one is hard to come by, but not impossible.

• Seattle set list shirt night 2 size medium or large (2018).
    Chicago set list shirt night 1 size medium or large (2018). 

I don’ have anything to trade. I just started collecting in the last couple of years and love everything I have. It didn’t dawn on me that I should purchase multiples!!

can I ask a dumb question? Why do people reply with “ bump”? I am also new to this forum. 

Thanks!
    k
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    Benaroya Hall Vinyl Box / Let Me Sleep 7" vinyl
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    It is now Rome 2018. Daughter’s first PJ show.

hippiemom = goodness
  • emlovesrocknrollemlovesrocknroll Montjean Posts: 149
    deadendp said:
    I know there are some on Discogs but the thing is heavy and shipping costs are expensive. I don't give up on it though so I'm still looking to acquire it.
    (pic found on Google)

My husband found one for me at a local music resale shop.  For a very long time (we watched it) it was listed as $375. That was while it was still available here. They know him well and he happened to have been there the day they decided to just clear it out and get rid of it.  (After it was no longer available here.)  It didn't seem played and just like the Ten boxset that he purchased in the same way, none of the interior contents were even out of the wrapping.  He paid $75 for Ten and $100 for V/V.  None of those pesky shipping charges, either. :wink: 

I had a friend keeping watch at another local record store for singles.  Someone turned in 15 annual singles.  I needed 13 of them.  Paid $100.  I don't think that they were even played.  Still missing three (not including the ones we are presently owed.)  I believe that Santa may have one for me, but my husband is still looking for the other two more difficult to find copies . . . We kind of aren't interested in going into debt for them, so they'll show up when they are supposed to.  

Hang in there.  You may be surprised what you can find.  Make friends with your local record store owners.  I find that they are thrilled to find a good home for lovelies like these.  
    I was fortunate to find the Ten Collector's Edition on some website, a man from Belgium sold it to me at €160, it was a perfect deal. I live far from the biggest cities of my region and we don't have local record stores in my lost little corner of France. I still have faith I'll find the Vs/Vitalogy one but not where I live. I know I'll find it someday. I keep hope alive and cross fingers!!
    Thank you for sharing your story @deadendp
    EV Firenze Rocks Festival, Florence, Italy, June 24th 2017
    Pearl Jam European Tour, London, England, UK, June 18th, 2018
  • emlovesrocknrollemlovesrocknroll Montjean Posts: 149
    Mikusxkm said:
    Seattle set list shirt night 2 size medium or large (2018).
    Chicago set list shirt night 1 size medium or large (2018). 

I don’ have anything to trade. I just started collecting in the last couple of years and love everything I have. It didn’t dawn on me that I should purchase multiples!!

can I ask a dumb question? Why do people reply with “ bump”? I am also new to this forum. 

Thanks!
    k
    Bump is to keep the thread at the top of the list ;-)
    EV Firenze Rocks Festival, Florence, Italy, June 24th 2017
    Pearl Jam European Tour, London, England, UK, June 18th, 2018
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Handwritten lyrics or notes on a song from the song writing process.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    The obvious music grails:
    Reeenk Roink
    Blue Colombian VS
    Glow in the Dark PJ20

And my poster grail
    Cleveland Hess 1994

• MedozK said:
    The obvious music grails:
    Reeenk Roink
    Blue Colombian VS
    Glow in the Dark PJ20

And my poster grail
    Cleveland Hess 1994

That's a great poster!!!
  • powella99powella99 Posts: 42
    edited December 2018
    Lost Dogs Vinyl or Vans custom sneakers!
    Post edited by powella99 on
    Hamilton - 09/15/11 , London - 07/16/13 , Quebec City - 05/05/16
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp said:
    (pic found on Google)

I was fortunate to find the Ten Collector's Edition on some website, a man from Belgium sold it to me at €160, it was a perfect deal. I live far from the biggest cities of my region and we don't have local record stores in my lost little corner of France. I still have faith I'll find the Vs/Vitalogy one but not where I live. I know I'll find it someday. I keep hope alive and cross fingers!!
    Thank you for sharing your story @deadendp
    Open a record store so that you have one!  :smile:  

Good luck with tracking this down.  It will come to you when it is meant to.  It's how we play the game at our house. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Washed said:
    This was something very cool to see at the MoPoP exhibit this year. I would have to reference my pictures, but there was an instance where Ed, writing a song, was using red pen, and the next verse was in blue pen. So he obviously needed a break, and when he returned to the process, grabbed a different pen.
  • LN241653 said:
    Pittsburgh munk One
    Brisbane Ames 03
    vitalogy mirror 
    vhc fridge magnet
    Cinci 03 Ames 

i just can’t land any of these, any help would appreciated.

cheers
    I thought I knew all the cool merch things.  What is the Vitalogy mirror? @LN241653
    Here we go...
    Yeah, I have no idea what this is, lol.
    Lol. Great thread by the way.
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Washed said:
    This was something very cool to see at the MoPoP exhibit this year. I would have to reference my pictures, but there was an instance where Ed, writing a song, was using red pen, and the next verse was in blue pen. So he obviously needed a break, and when he returned to the process, grabbed a different pen.
    Wow, if you took a picture of that I’d love to see it. Thanks for sharing!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Washed said:
    Washed said:
    Wow, if you took a picture of that I’d love to see it. Thanks for sharing!
    I can go through, find it, and post pictures.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Mine is a copy of Give Way.  I know it's not the full show, and there's good bootlegs of the entire Australian show, but the audio quality of give way is amazing, and the fact best buy tried to destroy them all is also amazing.   Would love to acquire one the remaining copies :)
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    I have two: Ames Chicago 98 poster and a Large(or even XL) Memphis 13 shirt.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • A liter of Stone’s urine.
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    A couple I hope to get at some point 
    *London Eddie Vedder Mumford 
    *Pearl Jam Emek Rome
    *1963 Fender Telecaster NOS Black like Ed’s
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    A liter of Stone’s urine.
    You are out of luck as Stone only pisses gallons.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    Jbarker said:

Mike's '59 LP or Strat. Either would do the trick...

There’s an aged McCready 59 on reverb.com right now with a $7000 asking price.  One of the lowest prices I’ve seen for that guitar since they came out in 2016.  (No affiliation with the seller, just a fan of Les Pauls, and the McCready in particular)
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    98 Dallas poster. Only show I've attended I am missing a poster for.
  • pulling69 said:
    A liter of Stone’s urine.
    You are out of luck as Stone only pisses gallons.
    Touché!
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Pearl Jam 2003 Nashville Hatch Show Print
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    new double album
  • The full set of the Ames Bros Calgary Cowboy posters... 2 down, 3 to go.
    AjaxSlax