Options

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    edited December 2018
    I-Hoi (International House of Insanity), Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, 12/21/18, 09.30 hours.  First cup o' joe is on me. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    brianlux said:
    I-Hoi (International House of Insanity), Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, 12/21/18, 09.30 hours.  First cup o' joe is on me. 
    Unfortunately, I have other plans for the 21st, otherwise I would be there, Brian ;). Enjoy the coffee. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    brianlux said:
    Unfortunately, I have other plans for the 21st, otherwise I would be there, Brian ;). Enjoy the coffee. 
    Okey dokey, cheers!  :smiley: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    brianlux said:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez slammed the media for talking up a 2020 White House run instead of her policy ideas

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez criticized the media for talking her up as a potential candidate in the 2020 elections instead of focusing on her policy ideas...

"Can we instead talk about healthcare, a living wage, legalizing cannabis, GND, & other issues?...

GND refers to the Green New Deal, a federal plan to address climate change by investing in infrastructure. The policy is one of her signatures, along with issues like immigration reform, fully funded schools and universities, Medicare for all, and the legalization of cannabis."

Right on!

Any politician that wants legalized weed I like.
    Interesting. Somewhat different than what you’ve said before. 

Actually, if you think Trudeau actually legalized weed, you are clueless...the black market continues to flourish....
    I think you don’t understand the meaning of the word “legalize”, then. 

And your many comments against legalization in Canada on the basis that it should never have been illegal fly in contrast to your comments about pro-legalization politicians now. Doesn't your reasoning also apply to the US?

It should have never been illegal in the first place.  Why do you self-righteous people take one simple comment twisted it around?  You are a real piece work...you are a borderline troll.  Go to the AMT marijuana thread and debate it.  Do your research, quit talking out the ass.
    Ha ha!

You're priceless 
    Here the thing.  Why do not head to the Marijuana thread and prove to me I'm ... You can't.  You worship at the ass of Trudope.  Like I said you are a self-righteous person, not capable of an educated discussion.  You have been called out on these forums by other members for being self-righteous.  You think you'd hint.  You will not debate the topic because I can post multiple articles about how fucked legalization is.  Have you ever smoked marijuana?
    As for the actual debate about legalization, don’t you remember? We already had that debate. You lost. 

I, and pretty much everybody else in the discussion, was pro-legalization. You were pro-time machine. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Someone needs some indica fast
    :)
  • Options
    Oh the horror... She danced on a rooftop!!!

C'mon.  Really?

I say good for her, she has moves.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/politics/ocasio-cortez-dancing-video-trnd/index.html
  • Options
    This made me chuckle.

Good for her.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    Classless to boo
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Classless to boo
    And boo someone just because she exists.

That's bullying.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    Classless to boo

That's bullying.
     Bullying? To boo? No it isn’t.

but to boo someone being sworn in is just pathetic and small.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    Classless to boo

That's bullying.

absolutely. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Losers
  • Options
    Classless to boo

That's bullying.

Who else got booed?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Classless to boo

That's bullying.

Who else got booed?
    People get booed all the time.  Kawhi Leonard was just booed last night and Ella Mai get's boo'd up whenever she performs.
  • Options
    Classless to boo

That's bullying.

Who else got booed?
    People get booed all the time.  Kawhi Leonard was just booed last night and Ella Mai get's boo'd up whenever she performs.

• Options
    I'm a Philly sports fan... i know all about booing... booing your colleague in that situation is total weaksauce
  • Options
    I've never booed anyone in a meeting or for someone getting a job whom I didn't like. it's unprofessional and childish in that setting. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    If anyone actually has footage of Fox news going after her for the "dance" video please put it up.

All I have found was a few conservative mouthpieces tweeting about it.

Thanks
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited January 2019
    brianlux said:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez slammed the media for talking up a 2020 White House run instead of her policy ideas

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez criticized the media for talking her up as a potential candidate in the 2020 elections instead of focusing on her policy ideas...

"Can we instead talk about healthcare, a living wage, legalizing cannabis, GND, & other issues?...

GND refers to the Green New Deal, a federal plan to address climate change by investing in infrastructure. The policy is one of her signatures, along with issues like immigration reform, fully funded schools and universities, Medicare for all, and the legalization of cannabis."

Right on!

The media is being ridiculous with that - she's 100% right. FFS, she wouldn't even qualify because of the minimum age requirement of 35, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    If anyone actually has footage of Fox news going after her for the "dance" video please put it up.

All I have found was a few conservative mouthpieces tweeting about it.

Thanks
    so far, just the idiots on twitter, which are given way too much credence. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I just thought it was awesome that it was all Breakfast Club dances. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Again, I've literally only seen 1 tweet that was negative.  

I'm wondering if the story is just getting recycled at this point and making it bigger than the one tweet I saw?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Nice dance.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Nice dance.
    It was a shimmy or more of a saunter, lol.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Man, the right is really scared of this woman!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Again, I'm looking for articles attacking her dancing and not just the tweet.

Haven't found a one yet...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    rgambs said:
    Yes, they really are. It would be really funny if it wasn't so scary and depressing and offensive. (Tempo, I think we're talking about the whole picture with this comment, not the dancing thing).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Falling down,...not staying down