what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    njnancy said:
    Officially on vacation! Woohoo!
    Enjoy!!
    Thanks! It was great. Spent a day at Universal Studios in Orlando, then had a week long Caribbean cruise.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    njnancy said:
    Officially on vacation! Woohoo!
    Enjoy!!
    Thanks! It was great. Spent a day at Universal Studios in Orlando, then had a week long Caribbean cruise.
    Awesome - good for you!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Thinking of my upcoming vacation 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    This (from Six Feet Under) always gave me a nudge; in the last few months, it's meant more to and done more for me.  Plus it's just needed after a good cry.

Nathaniel Fisher:  You're missing the point.

David Fisher: There is no point, that's the point...isn't it?

"Don't give me this phony existential bullshit, I expect better from you. The point's right in front of your face."

"Well I'm sorry but I don't see it."

"You're not even grateful are ya?"

"Grateful? For the worst fucking experience of my life?"

"You hang onto your pain like it means something, like it's worth something - well let me tell ya, it's not worth shit. Let it go. Infinite possibilities and all he can do is whine."

"Well, what am I supposed to do?"

"What do you think? You can do anything, you lucky bastard, you're alive!  What's a little pain compared to that?"

"It can't be so simple."

:What if it is?"

Fuckin' A.

hedonist said:
    This (from Six Feet Under) always gave me a nudge; in the last few months, it's meant more to and done more for me.  Plus it's just needed after a good cry.

Nathaniel Fisher:  You're missing the point.

David Fisher: There is no point, that's the point...isn't it?

"Don't give me this phony existential bullshit, I expect better from you. The point's right in front of your face."

"Well I'm sorry but I don't see it."

"You're not even grateful are ya?"

"Grateful? For the worst fucking experience of my life?"

"You hang onto your pain like it means something, like it's worth something - well let me tell ya, it's not worth shit. Let it go. Infinite possibilities and all he can do is whine."

"Well, what am I supposed to do?"

"What do you think? You can do anything, you lucky bastard, you're alive!  What's a little pain compared to that?"

"It can't be so simple."

:What if it is?"

Fuckin' A.

Fuckin' A +1
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    "Emotional simpleton" may be my new favorite phrase.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Magoo2Magoo2 Posts: 94
    The F Word and Verb Definition Coffee Mug 11 Ounces
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    SD48277 said:
    "Emotional simpleton" may be my new favorite phrase.
    :lol:
    We all have shit days.

I get it.  I've had a whole lot of them lately and know more are to come.

I may get tantrum-y, dark-minded, pissed right off, crying, wanting to break something, or giving up on squeezing the stress ball and throwing it instead.

But to take it out on others?  Nope.

I just wish some people weren't assholes...or emotional simpletons =)

When coming to a place you consider to be fun and you think you belong; one shouldn't have to come wearing armor and carrying weapons.  

Then it becomes just like real life and there is no reason to come anymore. 
  • Stay strong my friends
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Sending warm, healing vibes to you guys ^^^^. To everyone dealing with the stress of the season or just the winter blahs, remember to stop, breathe and remind yourself that you are loved, because you are.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited December 2018
    I saw this cartoon the other day where a character was telling another that he believed, if you were good, you die and go to heaven, but if you're bad... you go to this place that seems like you're living but you really aren't. Some hope for death and it never comes.  Instead you are all forced to wake with a different soul so you all experience each others' hell and past experiences, yet you all have to somehow grow from this, forgive and forget.  It will feel like peace and understanding have been made at times, but then the evil puppet master and cronies will manipulate the situation all over again and keep crucifying martyrs and saints who got stuck in this hell somehow, while they let all the thieves and liars run free.  They will do their best to twist the truth and manipulate every situation possible to keep the truth quiet, to cover up all the lives they've erased.  This purgatory, this criminal reform, will be endured by many an innocent soul.  Instead of the physical abuse they often depict of hell, it is more of an emotional and subtle verbal abuse from all sides, hell on earth, both sides compromised.   Okay, maybe that's not all the cartoon said.  I elaborated a bit.   It was something along those lines.   I kind of hoped at one time that Stan Lee could help us somehow in his afterlife, and that all the super heroes that perished at Thanos's hand would somehow return, to save all of us in this hell.  It seems many of these prisoners and lost souls signed their lives away without knowing it, through legal documents like divorces, car titles, etc.   Some made actual deals with the devil in exchange for jobs, cars, etc.  But we're all stuck here, stuck in this hell for who knows how long.  Red states they call them, a modern-day name for hell.   All the praying in the world doesn't seem to help.  Hopefully the outside forces will keep up their good work to end these modernized concentration camps.   I thought having daily positivity and prayers could take care of the evil.  But my grace has been drained.  Some days are sunny.  You have to have these rainy ones though, too,  to make a rainbow.  Maybe tomorrow they won't curse this zombie body with another tortured soul.  Tomorrow is a new day.
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited December 2018
    It is physical too.  A dark force played a role in attacking my mom, from behind it almost seems, this summer and she ended up with  two broken wrists, a bruised face and a fractured rib.  She has had to spend these last many months blaming herself for being clumsy, for  just tripping on a sidewalk, and being embarrassed every time she had to explain it to someone.  Now she's afraid to speak up about some people, because she was a survivor of a hate crime.  The pain has taught her too, like many of us.  So many are afraid to speak up.  They know how to shame and manipulate good people.  
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Thinking a lot about my dad today
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2018
    The crazy windstorm we've had all day. It's caused an enormous amount of destruction and chaos all over the region. Trees down on transit lines and roads and buildings, all ferry sailings cancelled, 300,000 without power and counting (last I checked). I feel very lucky that my power just came back on now, after being out for around 5+ hours. Mine was one of the first to lose it, so also one of the first to get it back. I think my perishables in the fridge should still be okay, which is nice, since I just went grocery shopping yesterday, lol.
    What a shitty time for this. Stores and other businesses losing power for so long right before xmas is probably a major hardship for some. And then there is the damaged property. Plus an historical 100 year old pier in White Rock is destroyed, which is so very sad, and really awful for all the businesses in that tourist zone. A man was actually trapped at the end of it when it was torn apart by waves and boats that became unmoored! He had to be rescued by helicopter in the middle of the storm. Must have been terrifying.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    The crazy windstorm we've had all day. It's caused an enormous amount of destruction and chaos all over the region. Trees down on transit lines and roads and buildings, all ferry sailings cancelled, 300,000 without power and counting (last I checked). I feel very lucky that my power just came back on now, after being out for around 5+ hours. Mine was one of the first to lose it, so also one of the first to get it back. I think my perishables in the fridge should still be okay, which is nice, since I just went grocery shopping yesterday, lol.
    What a shitty time for this. Stores and other businesses losing power for so long right before xmas is probably a major hardship for some. And then there is the damaged property. Plus an historical 100 year old pier in White Rock is destroyed, which is so very sad, and really awful for all the businesses in that tourist zone. A man was actually trapped at the end of it when it was torn apart by waves and boats that became unmoored! He had to be rescued by helicopter in the middle of the storm. Must have been terrifying.
    It is a pretty crazy demonstration of the power of nature. I have never known the ferries to be cancelled all day in all my years in this province. 

Thankfully, my power has remained on. However, I just had dinner with a friend who works at a vet clinic. Today their power went out right in the middle of a surgery. They had no choice but to suture up the wound and bring the dog out of anaesthetic. They’ll try again when power is back on. Luckily it wasn’t an urgent need. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Yeah, it was really crazy today.  They also cancelled the MV Coho to Port Angeles.  Apparently that’s only happened twice since ‘97.  I was down at Esquimalt Lagoon today.  There were actually whitecaps on the lagoon side of the causeway. Sun was out for a couple minutes though so I got some gorgeous pix.

• "Beauty walks on razor's edge, someday I'll make it mine."~~Dylan~~Shelter From the Storm
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I'm going to see BumbleBee to celebrate the Winter Solstice :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Boobies.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Yeah, it was really crazy today.  They also cancelled the MV Coho to Port Angeles.  Apparently that’s only happened twice since ‘97.  I was down at Esquimalt Lagoon today.  There were actually whitecaps on the lagoon side of the causeway. Sun was out for a couple minutes though so I got some gorgeous pix.

Beautiful pics, Fifth.

I was cycling yesterday, like always. Going in to work wasn't too bad. Coming home was.... ill-advised :lol:. I had to stop and walk for parts of my trip, where there were no buildings blocking the gusts from knocking me right off my bike. 

Beautiful pics, Fifth.

I was cycling yesterday, like always. Going in to work wasn't too bad. Coming home was.... ill-advised :lol:. I had to stop and walk for parts of my trip, where there were no buildings blocking the gusts from knocking me right off my bike. 
    Yikes!  That must have been quite the journey. Glad you made it home safely.

Beautiful pics, Fifth.

Yikes!  That must have been quite the journey. Glad you made it home safely.
    It was an adventure. 

At one point I stopped at a red light. A pedestrian looked at me and said “good luck getting home”. It wasn’t a cheery “good luck!”  - more with the subtext of “I don’t like your chances” ;)

. . . marks the spot!
    Hand-wringers and soothsayers.

And maybe a bit of this guy.

• Feels weird going this long without posting in the Agnes thread. Someone come up with a minor problem that we can turn into 10 pages.