Options

Pearl Jam Ten Club Members - Facebook group

13»

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Why can't you add photos on a shared Google drive folder and share the link with relatives?
    Better than photos being spread all over social media.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited December 2018
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    What, the "official" one? I'm on there... I rarely if ever post on it, but I'm still a member. That group is bat shit crazy for the most part, lol, and not in a good way. There is much too much blind obsession on display there, and it's just awkward. I'm on the other big one too, which is maybe what this thread is asking about? I literally never post to that one, I think because it used to be open, and I would never post to an open group. So I learned to ignore it (might have changed to closed now).
    This one...
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/
    I didn't know which one of the myriad PJ clubs you meant - but yes I belong to this one. There is an Official PJ 10 Club group, Pearl Jam Nation, Official PJ 10Club Women, and on and on. I have about 4 friends from the PJ groups and I have no idea if any of them are on here. 

I haven't been on FB much lately but I'm kind of cyclical. I'll be here more frequently and post occasionally there. And then I will post on FB more often and not be on here. And sometimes I"m just radio silent.

And like Ali, I also belong to other groups - other music, writing, crazy book people like myself, a sobriety group & other more specific ones. Some are closed, some are secret and some are open. I don't mind posting about my favorite Stephen King book or character in an open group but I prefer other groups be secret as what's discussed is personal and I have had problems with my son's father trying to find information about me. It was a huge problem for a long time. Not as much anymore but I still prefer that he &his family or friends not know anything about me. I have a bunch of people blocked - mostly due to that problem. 

I have multiple group settings for my posts for my FB wall, depending on what I'm posting. I have a picture with each of my family members on my profile, so that includes my son. I have unfriended a bunch of people who became Trump crazy and would rant on my wall. But I don't unfriend simply because someone has an opposing view; most times we became friends due to some other aspect of our lives and do not discuss politics.

I had one person share a post of mine that was to a specific group and I had her remove it from her wall. I don't tag people in photos ever. 

I don't understand why people post 30 status posts a day, or have their locations available to everyone.  But I enjoy talking to people I know from real life on there and I enjoy the groups I belong to very much. Pearl Jam group I mostly read or check out pictures, videos, etc. I comment on occasion but not very often. 

Once I made a post on a depression page and a facebook friend saw and messaged me to see if I am ok.
    I hate how everything I post on public groups is seen on my facebook friends' news feed.
    I wish I knew how to stop this.
    I am not a big fan of having relatives on facebook as things I say can get back to my parents.
    I've unfriended someone because they made like 3 posts a day about them checking into gym. Annoying.
    I have it set to review when someone tags me or checks me in. 
    Yeah, I just generally really don't like every single one of my FB friends reading shit that has nothing to do with them. I don't say anything super personal that I specifically don't want others to see on FB, but even then, I will only do closed groups because ... I dunno. I'm having a conversation within a group about something only those people in the group are interested in. Having everyone else see such posts too just makes me feel weirdly exposed, in a general sense. It just makes me uncomfortable. And I really hate that I can't keep comments that I might want to make on specific news pages or other public pages that I follow. I love to participate in the comment threads for news pages and other random pages that I like, but the fact that I can't keep those comments from popping up on random FB friends' newsfeeds really bothers me. I'm trying to have a "conversation" with the people in that thread, not with every fucking person I've friended on the platform. If I could keep that from happening I would like Facebook a LOT more.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    MayDay10 said:
    I think we have it under control, lol.

Like 30% of my facebook feed at any given time is friends and family's kids.  The pedophile boogiemen havent been attacking everybody, and if they do come by, i will kill them.

Our security settings are ramped up, and we dont post locations, times, routines, etc.  Never post while on vacation.  Posting isnt even frequent.  I just counted like 6 posts since july 9th.  

And no, its not for an "ego boost".  We have family and friends across the country, and they like to see the kids, and we like seeing theirs.  Kids also do and say a lot of funny shit.  
    You would have absolutely no clue if a pedophile stole your kids' images and used them for pedo sites man.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    If it's on facebook, it is NOT private and it is NOT secure.  I don't care what measures you take or think you take.  Facebook OWNS the property you post and they or any Russian hacker can do whatever TF they feel like with it - use it to post ads containing your content without consent, sell it to human traffickers, repost it on pedo sites, etc.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    What, the "official" one? I'm on there... I rarely if ever post on it, but I'm still a member. That group is bat shit crazy for the most part, lol, and not in a good way. There is much too much blind obsession on display there, and it's just awkward. I'm on the other big one too, which is maybe what this thread is asking about? I literally never post to that one, I think because it used to be open, and I would never post to an open group. So I learned to ignore it (might have changed to closed now).
    This one...
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/
    I didn't know which one of the myriad PJ clubs you meant - but yes I belong to this one. There is an Official PJ 10 Club group, Pearl Jam Nation, Official PJ 10Club Women, and on and on. I have about 4 friends from the PJ groups and I have no idea if any of them are on here. 

I haven't been on FB much lately but I'm kind of cyclical. I'll be here more frequently and post occasionally there. And then I will post on FB more often and not be on here. And sometimes I"m just radio silent.

And like Ali, I also belong to other groups - other music, writing, crazy book people like myself, a sobriety group & other more specific ones. Some are closed, some are secret and some are open. I don't mind posting about my favorite Stephen King book or character in an open group but I prefer other groups be secret as what's discussed is personal and I have had problems with my son's father trying to find information about me. It was a huge problem for a long time. Not as much anymore but I still prefer that he &his family or friends not know anything about me. I have a bunch of people blocked - mostly due to that problem. 

I have multiple group settings for my posts for my FB wall, depending on what I'm posting. I have a picture with each of my family members on my profile, so that includes my son. I have unfriended a bunch of people who became Trump crazy and would rant on my wall. But I don't unfriend simply because someone has an opposing view; most times we became friends due to some other aspect of our lives and do not discuss politics.

I had one person share a post of mine that was to a specific group and I had her remove it from her wall. I don't tag people in photos ever. 

I don't understand why people post 30 status posts a day, or have their locations available to everyone.  But I enjoy talking to people I know from real life on there and I enjoy the groups I belong to very much. Pearl Jam group I mostly read or check out pictures, videos, etc. I comment on occasion but not very often. 

Once I made a post on a depression page and a facebook friend saw and messaged me to see if I am ok.
    I hate how everything I post on public groups is seen on my facebook friends' news feed.
    I wish I knew how to stop this.
    I am not a big fan of having relatives on facebook as things I say can get back to my parents.
    I've unfriended someone because they made like 3 posts a day about them checking into gym. Annoying.
    I have it set to review when someone tags me or checks me in. 
    Yeah, I just generally really don't like every single one of my FB friends reading shit that has nothing to do with them. I don't say anything super personal that I specifically don't want others to see on FB, but even then, I will only do closed groups because ... I dunno. I'm having a conversation within a group about something only those people in the group are interested in. Having everyone else see such posts too just makes me feel weirdly exposed, in a general sense. It just makes me uncomfortable. And I really hate that I can't keep comments that I might want to make on specific news pages or other public pages that I follow. I love to participate in the comment threads for news pages and other random pages that I like, but the fact that I can't keep those comments from popping up on random FB friends' newsfeeds really bothers me. I'm trying to have a "conversation" with the people in that thread, not with every fucking person I've friended on the platform. If I could keep that from happening I would like Facebook a LOT more.
    Exactly my problem. I've had my Facebook friends comment on my comment on news or music pages. It annoys me most of the time.
    Once I posted something anti-Trump on a news page and a Facebook friend too offence and challenged me by posting a question (big Trump lover this guy and I unfriended him). I am a bit worried that my opinions on news events will cause offence to my real friends on Facebook. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014