Options

Pearl Jam Ten Club Members - Facebook group

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited November 2018
    Are you all on there?
    I was scrolling through the posts in the group wondering who is who on here.

which facebook group?  The "official" pearl jam one run by Dimitris and Boston Lou? yes. I know there are a few others also.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/
    Oh. Yeah, I'm a member of that, but I'm not a fan of it and never even look at the posts or anything. Like someone else said, the other one is much more popular, which just means more activity in general.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Facebook is fine.  Users could be a problem.  Typically the most frequent posters are the worst.  I use them as entertainment really.  Some people are a psychological wonder.

The 10c fan pages are fine.  I dont really post much (anywhere).... but usually in closed groups.  My wife posts pictures of the kids for the family.  
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    MayDay10 said:
    Facebook is fine.  Users could be a problem.  Typically the most frequent posters are the worst.  I use them as entertainment really.  Some people are a psychological wonder.

The 10c fan pages are fine.  I dont really post much (anywhere).... but usually in closed groups.  My wife posts pictures of the kids for the family.  
    Just make sure your wife is using solid privacy settings. I've read terrible things about what some creeps do with kid photos from facebook.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    MayDay10 said:

Just make sure your wife is using solid privacy settings. I've read terrible things about what some creeps do with kid photos from facebook.
    I use to warn family, especially family posting their kids pics...they just look at me like I'm an alien.  So, I no longer bother, stay stupid is how I look at with them...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Not a fan of people showing off their kids on facebook. 
    What for? Ego boost?

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    What for? Ego boost?

If you call wanting to share your pride and joy with your friends and family an ego boost, then yeah. But of course most people actually do have at least a few friends who also really care about their kids and they want to see photos of them. Like grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles, etc. It's way easier to just throw it all up in once place than email them around. But anyway, even if I had kids, I wouldn't allow a single photo of my kids on social media.
  • Options
    I'd just share it in private on messenger or upload them all on a Google drive and send the link to the folder in private.
    My sisters refuse to share their kids online so I don't share my nieces and nephew.
    My friend and his partner have decided to never post their kids photos once they arrive.
    Too risky with the sickos online.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I'd just share it in private on messenger or upload them all on a Google drive and send the link to the folder in private.
    My sisters refuse to share their kids online so I don't share my nieces and nephew.
    My friend and his partner have decided to never post their kids photos once they arrive.
    I think the point is that everyone is already on FB, so it's simply far less work to put everything up there.
    It's amazing how oblivious most people are about what they put online and the risks they open themselves up to.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think the point is that everyone is already on FB, so it's simply far less work to put everything up there.
    It's amazing how oblivious most people are about what they put online and the risks they open themselves up to.
    yep. Or at least have your account on private. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    yep. Or at least have your account on private. 
    Yeah, although that isn't overly helpful with photos. Even with a private account, once your FB friends are tagged or anything like that, the photo could have escaped your own privacy settings.
  • Options
    True, I often see people I don't know in my feed.
    Maybe Instagram is the way then.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I don't think Instagram is any better. People just shouldn't put photos of their kids on social media, period.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't think Instagram is any better. People just shouldn't put photos of their kids on social media, period.
    At least the privacy setting is better.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    What exactly has you so worried about it? Live in a bad part of town?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Pedophoiles...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Lol, no. Like T_A said, pedophiles will take the photos, alter them as needed, and the next thing you know your kids are being enjoyed by the pedo networks all over the world.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    PJ_Soul said:
    What, the "official" one? I'm on there... I rarely if ever post on it, but I'm still a member. That group is bat shit crazy for the most part, lol, and not in a good way. There is much too much blind obsession on display there, and it's just awkward. I'm on the other big one too, which is maybe what this thread is asking about? I literally never post to that one, I think because it used to be open, and I would never post to an open group. So I learned to ignore it (might have changed to closed now).
    its The Porch.
    No thanks.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    PJ_Soul said:
    What, the "official" one? I'm on there... I rarely if ever post on it, but I'm still a member. That group is bat shit crazy for the most part, lol, and not in a good way. There is much too much blind obsession on display there, and it's just awkward. I'm on the other big one too, which is maybe what this thread is asking about? I literally never post to that one, I think because it used to be open, and I would never post to an open group. So I learned to ignore it (might have changed to closed now).
    This one...
    I didn't know which one of the myriad PJ clubs you meant - but yes I belong to this one. There is an Official PJ 10 Club group, Pearl Jam Nation, Official PJ 10Club Women, and on and on. I have about 4 friends from the PJ groups and I have no idea if any of them are on here. 

I haven't been on FB much lately but I'm kind of cyclical. I'll be here more frequently and post occasionally there. And then I will post on FB more often and not be on here. And sometimes I"m just radio silent.

And like Ali, I also belong to other groups - other music, writing, crazy book people like myself, a sobriety group & other more specific ones. Some are closed, some are secret and some are open. I don't mind posting about my favorite Stephen King book or character in an open group but I prefer other groups be secret as what's discussed is personal and I have had problems with my son's father trying to find information about me. It was a huge problem for a long time. Not as much anymore but I still prefer that he &his family or friends not know anything about me. I have a bunch of people blocked - mostly due to that problem. 

I have multiple group settings for my posts for my FB wall, depending on what I'm posting. I have a picture with each of my family members on my profile, so that includes my son. I have unfriended a bunch of people who became Trump crazy and would rant on my wall. But I don't unfriend simply because someone has an opposing view; most times we became friends due to some other aspect of our lives and do not discuss politics.

I had one person share a post of mine that was to a specific group and I had her remove it from her wall. I don't tag people in photos ever. 

I don't understand why people post 30 status posts a day, or have their locations available to everyone.  But I enjoy talking to people I know from real life on there and I enjoy the groups I belong to very much. Pearl Jam group I mostly read or check out pictures, videos, etc. I comment on occasion but not very often. 

• Options
    What for? Ego boost?

I don't know either.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I will never understand these people who advertise on Facebook that they are they going on vacation...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    its The Porch.
    No thanks.
    Some PJ fans are crazy like Michael Jackson fans. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    This one...
    I didn't know which one of the myriad PJ clubs you meant - but yes I belong to this one. There is an Official PJ 10 Club group, Pearl Jam Nation, Official PJ 10Club Women, and on and on. I have about 4 friends from the PJ groups and I have no idea if any of them are on here. 

I haven't been on FB much lately but I'm kind of cyclical. I'll be here more frequently and post occasionally there. And then I will post on FB more often and not be on here. And sometimes I"m just radio silent.

And like Ali, I also belong to other groups - other music, writing, crazy book people like myself, a sobriety group & other more specific ones. Some are closed, some are secret and some are open. I don't mind posting about my favorite Stephen King book or character in an open group but I prefer other groups be secret as what's discussed is personal and I have had problems with my son's father trying to find information about me. It was a huge problem for a long time. Not as much anymore but I still prefer that he &his family or friends not know anything about me. I have a bunch of people blocked - mostly due to that problem. 

I have multiple group settings for my posts for my FB wall, depending on what I'm posting. I have a picture with each of my family members on my profile, so that includes my son. I have unfriended a bunch of people who became Trump crazy and would rant on my wall. But I don't unfriend simply because someone has an opposing view; most times we became friends due to some other aspect of our lives and do not discuss politics.

I had one person share a post of mine that was to a specific group and I had her remove it from her wall. I don't tag people in photos ever. 

I don't understand why people post 30 status posts a day, or have their locations available to everyone.  But I enjoy talking to people I know from real life on there and I enjoy the groups I belong to very much. Pearl Jam group I mostly read or check out pictures, videos, etc. I comment on occasion but not very often. 

Once I made a post on a depression page and a facebook friend saw and messaged me to see if I am ok.
    I hate how everything I post on public groups is seen on my facebook friends' news feed.
    I wish I knew how to stop this.
    I am not a big fan of having relatives on facebook as things I say can get back to my parents.
    I've unfriended someone because they made like 3 posts a day about them checking into gym. Annoying.
    I have it set to review when someone tags me or checks me in. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    This one...

Once I made a post on a depression page and a facebook friend saw and messaged me to see if I am ok.
    I hate how everything I post on public groups is seen on my facebook friends' news feed.
    I am not a big fan of having relatives on facebook as things I say can get back to my parents.
    I've unfriended someone because they made like 3 posts a day about them checking into gym. Annoying.
    in the future, if such a thing arises, you dont have to unfriend. Simply unfollow. Then if you chose to keep up you go to their page to see whats up. Keeps it out of your news feed.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    This one...

in the future, if such a thing arises, you dont have to unfriend. Simply unfollow. Then if you chose to keep up you go to their page to see whats up. Keeps it out of your news feed.
    Yeah, I've unfollowed before. I mean how do I stop things appearing on other people's newsfeeds?
  • Options
    I think we have it under control, lol.

Like 30% of my facebook feed at any given time is friends and family's kids.  The pedophile boogiemen havent been attacking everybody, and if they do come by, i will kill them.

Our security settings are ramped up, and we dont post locations, times, routines, etc.  Never post while on vacation.  Posting isnt even frequent.  I just counted like 6 posts since july 9th.  

And no, its not for an "ego boost".  We have family and friends across the country, and they like to see the kids, and we like seeing theirs.  Kids also do and say a lot of funny shit.  
  • Options
    I wouldn't want to post my kids photos when they had no say as to whether or not they approve.
    Photos that when they grow up they might be upset seeing online still.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    I have never been on Facebook, I hope I'm not missing out on something.
    You’re not.
    Thank you, HesCalledDyer. :)
    I disagree. Depending on what your interests are and how you use it, it's very handy/useful and can be a very positive resource. It can also be the exact opposite. It's just up to the person using it.
    Agreed, I like Facebook. It all depends how you use it.  One of the greatest things about Facebook is in my opinion it has made the traditional high school reunion obselote.  Many of my “friends” on Facebook are people I haven’t seen since graduation night way back in 96. Now I know what they do, whether they have kids, where they live, etc. 
    Creeper!
    lol yeah there’s a reason why I never kept contact with high school people it’s called no interest those yrs have long past I’d rather 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Not know anymore..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I wouldn't want to post my kids photos when they had no say as to whether or not they approve.
    I think we got it under control and know my kids. thanks though.  

We do not have a voyeur cam set up in our house.  Things like 1st day of kindergarten, first time ice skating without a walker might be special to some people and they want to share it with their family and friends, i dont know.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    MayDay10 said:
    I think we got it under control and know my kids. thanks though.  

We do not have a voyeur cam set up in our house.  Things like 1st day of kindergarten, first time ice skating without a walker might be special to some people and they want to share it with their family and friends, i dont know.
    I m the same way. I post photos of my kids, some Christmas shots, graduation, catching their first fish, etc.
    the other day I posted a video of my son doing 25 fortnite dances in a row lol.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......