Worst Pearl Jam song ever....

Comments

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    How a song like Sleeping By Myself gets put on Lightning Bolt in place of a perfect opportunity to finally do a studio cut of Last Soldier and have the same type of song in that spot will forever blow my mind. Last Soldier is so freaking good!
    they'll be time for laughing.  nows the time to cry.
  • I'm surprised this thread has stayed open this long. I'm surprised at some of the selections too. Leash? Aye yay yay.

Ole is stinky. Some Backspacer songs are too (Johnny Guitar in particular).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • The songs I have taken off of my itunes Pearl Jam playlist are foxymop, whale song, Gremmie, sweet lew and bee girl. All others are great!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    How a song like Sleeping By Myself gets put on Lightning Bolt in place of a perfect opportunity to finally do a studio cut of Last Soldier and have the same type of song in that spot will forever blow my mind. Last Soldier is so freaking good!
    it is, but it wouldn't fit. i dont' think many bands use songs that old on new albums. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    it is, but it wouldn't fit. i dont' think many bands use songs that old on new albums. 
    Unless you're Radiohead.
    rummy said:
    Unless you're Radiohead.
    true. and somehow it works for them. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

rummy said:
    Unless you're Radiohead.
    I know, eh? It's incredible what they did with songs like How to Disappear Completely, Nude, and True Love Waits.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    Unless you're Radiohead.
    I know, eh? It's incredible what they did with songs like How to Disappear Completely, Nude, and True Love Waits.

and the best unreleased song EVER-  Follow Me Around!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• How a song like Sleeping By Myself gets put on Lightning Bolt in place of a perfect opportunity to finally do a studio cut of Last Soldier and have the same type of song in that spot will forever blow my mind. Last Soldier is so freaking good!
    Neil does!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Neil does!
    Neil also puts the same song on the same album with different lyrics.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

lolobugg said:
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    Unless you're Radiohead.

Definitely hoping that one appears on LP10. I thought it might be a candidate for the OK Computer reissue.
  • PB11041 said:
    Neil does!

And some bands put a "reprise" version on the same album and then live just plays that snippet and never the original fucking song. 

#LifeWasted2019
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PB11041 said:
    Neil does!

So does GNR!  Well, I guess the Illusions were two separate albums but ...
    PB11041 said:
    Neil does!

And some bands put a "reprise" version on the same album and then live just plays that snippet and never the original fucking song. 

#LifeWasted2019
    HAHA
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nadahombrenadahombre Brooklyn Posts: 456
    Sirens makes my body want to bleed from every orifice its that bad
    Sleeping by myself ... its not a song its a crime
    Just Breathe ... actually most of Backspacer
    The Fixer and Got Some are my pee-break songs and for these I and my bladder are grateful
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2018
    Sirens makes my body want to bleed from every orifice its that bad
    Sleeping by myself ... its not a song its a crime
    Just Breathe ... actually most of Backspacer
    The Fixer and Got Some are my pee-break songs and for these I and my bladder are grateful
    They played Got Some and The Fixer once each this year... I think...

So your bladder will explode inside you and cause a mess next tour.
    rummy said:
    lolobugg said:
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    Unless you're Radiohead.

Definitely hoping that one appears on LP10. I thought it might be a candidate for the OK Computer reissue.

ME too, man!!! when it wasn't on there....... I kinda gave up hope.

Probably doesn't fit it with Thom's new "electronic" sounds

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• lolobugg said:
    rummy said:
    lolobugg said:
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    Unless you're Radiohead.

ME too, man!!! when it wasn't on there....... I kinda gave up hope.

Probably doesn't fit it with Thom's new "electronic" sounds

I really think we will get a studio cut of it eventually. I was hoping it would be on the reissue as well or at least a demo on thar cassette that came with s
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Dirty Frank and Help Help
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
    mrk2 said:
    Dirty Frank and Help Help

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

I don't understand the dislike for Help Help. It's not their best tune but it's far from their worst.
    rummy said:
    I don't understand the dislike for Help Help. It's not their best tune but it's far from their worst.

def not the worst song but it belongs no where near Dirty Frank

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Obviously preferences vary from person to person and I agree with your statement - on the surface, anyway. The difference is that I'd put Help Help ahead of Dirty Frank.
  • I thought Help Help was really solid when I saw it live a couple of times in 2003. Much, much better than the studio cut. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited December 2018
    I thought Help Help was really solid when I saw it live a couple of times in 2003. Much, much better than the studio cut. 
    Saw it in Prague this year and loved how into the song everyone in the band was. 
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Well, I never thought about it, but yeah, absolutely. Fell in love with the song immediately, back in 2001.
    If anyone in charge is reading this: PLEASE, GIVE US A STUDIO TAKE OF LAST SOLDIER ON THE NEXT (BI)ANNUAL SINGLE!
    Thanks.
  • I love help help. I mean LOVE
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    PJNB said:
    I thought Help Help was really solid when I saw it live a couple of times in 2003. Much, much better than the studio cut. 
    Saw it in Prague this year and loved how into the song everyone in the band was. 
    Right and right..

I love help help. I mean LOVE

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    PB11041 said:
    Neil does!

#LifeWasted2019
    They tried Life Wasted in Boston and it was a trainwreck.

But yes I'd like to see them play it more.  In any event, wasn't really knocking Neil, sometimes it works.  Sleeps with Angels is far and away my favorite Crazy Horse record.  And hell the MIrror Ball sessions birthed Red Mosquito right out of Song X, so there is that.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652